Which anti malware should I get?

felixthemaster1
Go to solution Solved by Bogica,

Malwarebytes but watch for false positives, it will detect a few of those.
Avast as daily driver with browser addon and you are good to go. :)

I just watched Linu's latest video: 

And he talks about getting a on demand malware program so it doesnt conflict with my avast anti virus and cause performance issues. Is malwarebytes free and is it on demand? If not then which one should I get?

I just watched Linu's latest video

And he talks about getting a on demand malware program so it doesnt conflict with my avast anti virus and cause performance issues. Is malwarebytes free and is it on demand? If not then which one should I get?

Yes, get Malwarebytes. There's a paid version as well.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

The only AV/AM/FW software I've ever bothered with is ESET security, and only because it is very lightweight, i.e. slow everything down when it scans.

malwarebytes is the best by far.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Kaspersky Internet Security and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium

Windows 10 Pro x64 with Open Shell

Vivaldi x64, HWInfo64, Macrium Reflect Free, SoftMaker Office, XYplorer pro

I thought Avast was both AV and anti malware.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I thought Avast was both AV and anti malware.

If it is then my work is cut short

If it is then my work is cut short

I'm pretty sure it is.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Okay, I will keep that in mind. Downloading it now.

Malwarebytes Pro, skip using Avast. I installed it the other day and it's the biggest headache in the world. They have so many false positives in their definition database.

Malwarebytes Pro, skip using Avast. I installed it the other day and it's the biggest headache in the world. They have so many false positives in their definition database.

Really? I've only had a good experience

Really? I've only had a good experience

It's great if you do literally nothing with your PC. I can't even compile code without it throwing false positives and the stupid heuristics engine cutting off my code execution.

right now i use eset but after that expires shortly for anti virus im going with webroot and for anti malware im going to install malwarebytes every other week and scan with that.

It's great if you do literally nothing with your PC. I can't even compile code without it throwing false positives and the stupid heuristics engine cutting off my code execution.

I don't think you know what literally means, but I see.