How are you liking Windows 10 preview?

TehMiik

big fan MUCH BETTER than 8/8.1 but im with the rest Im going to run 7 till i have to upgrade

Project black out: cpu: athlon x4 750k @4.7ghz, Mobo: asrock fm2+ a55 vg3+, ram: 1x 8gb hyperx 1866mhz, video card: 1x saphire radeon r9 270x, Storage: 1tb hdd ssd in the future,  cooling: 2 noctua 120mm fans 1 on rad one front intake.

I'm running Win 10 as my main OS, there're a lot of bugs with animation, but other than that it works perfectly, the window snapping thing is sooo good. The only complain from me would be home page on file explorer suck because it doesn't show all my drives.   

Get off windows 10 Its in the eula there is a damn key logger in it!!!!

Project black out: cpu: athlon x4 750k @4.7ghz, Mobo: asrock fm2+ a55 vg3+, ram: 1x 8gb hyperx 1866mhz, video card: 1x saphire radeon r9 270x, Storage: 1tb hdd ssd in the future,  cooling: 2 noctua 120mm fans 1 on rad one front intake.

Oh noes.

So far I do like it. I just run it on a VM. I at first had issues even getting the virtual box software to even take the ISO to it not wanting it to boot so I can install it.  After I got past all of that non-sense it has worked grate.

Not going to bother testing it. From what I've already seen, I know it will be a good OS.

Just hoping it's a free upgrade from 8.1 to 10.

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

Oh noes.

Where is my tin foil hat!?!

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

This might be the OS to take me off 7. That is, IF it's really going to be cheap/free as some rumours suggest. I have no problems with windows 7 that windows 10 solves so far, so if I have to pay $100 to get it I won't. This was my argument for win8.1, I have no problem with 8.1 but it offers almost nothing as far as features that are worth that kind of money to me. 

A man of charm with strange quarks. 

For some reason, my PC shuts down when I try to cold-boot it up the first time. The second time it boots just fine. The shutdown on the first boot occurs when the windows logo pops up but before the loading rings come.

For some reason, my PC shuts down when I try to cold-boot it up the first time. The second time it boots just fine. The shutdown on the first boot occurs when the windows logo pops up but before the loading rings come.

Did you do a multiple boot setup? 'cause I think what is happening, is that Windows 8 starts, then get you to the Windows 8 OS selection screen, which is not a pre-boot level, but when Windows boots up, to give you touch, and mouse support (and nice looking), then when you pick the other Windows (Windows 10), it reboots to switch to Windows 10.

Now, if you don't see that screen, it could be that you set the time to 0s, and to select the default to Windows 10.

So, every time you turn on your system, it starts Windows 8, then selects for you Windows 10, so it reboots to go into Windows 10.

In both OS, make sure that you set the time to 30sec. To do this, do Win+X, and select System, Then click on the left column "Advance System settings". A panel will show. On that panel click on "Settings", under "Startup and recovery" section.

Then check the box "Time to display list of operating system", and set the time to 30sec.

Do this on both OS.

I loved it so much that i almost forgot it's a technical preview.Seemed to run smooth on X99.Only problem i had was Nvidia control panel would not open.But,a re-install of the drivers fixed that.other than that,it ran smooth.My Steam games ran no problems either.

CM Storm Trooper| Asua Maximum VII Formula| 4770k H100i|Kingston Beast 32GB|Samsung Evo 250GB SSD|Seagate 3TB|EVGA Kingpin Edition 780 Ti(SLI)|Sound Blaster Z|Corsair 1200i

Samsung U28D590D | Corsair K70 | Razer Naga Hex | Kingston Hyper X Gaming Headset

• 3 weeks later...

Did you do a multiple boot setup? 'cause I think what is happening, is that Windows 8 starts, then get you to the Windows 8 OS selection screen, which is not a pre-boot level, but when Windows boots up, to give you touch, and mouse support (and nice looking), then when you pick the other Windows (Windows 10), it reboots to switch to Windows 10.

Now, if you don't see that screen, it could be that you set the time to 0s, and to select the default to Windows 10.

So, every time you turn on your system, it starts Windows 8, then selects for you Windows 10, so it reboots to go into Windows 10.

In both OS, make sure that you set the time to 30sec. To do this, do Win+X, and select System, Then click on the left column "Advance System settings". A panel will show. On that panel click on "Settings", under "Startup and recovery" section.

Then check the box "Time to display list of operating system", and set the time to 30sec.

Do this on both OS.

This is also happening when no other drive is installed, just the HDD with Windows 10 on it. It's so rare, happens once a week or so.

This is also happening when no other drive is installed, just the HDD with Windows 10 on it. It's so rare, happens once a week or so.

Hmm, well you can try the latest build of Windows. Go to PC Settings, Then Update and Recover, then on Preview Builds.

You have Build 9860 waiting for you, if you have not upgraded already. Hit download, and wait... there is no progress bar, and you if navigate away or close it, it will cancel. So Click download, and wait until the "Install" button will appear. The download is 2.74 GB, so be patient. You can do other things in the mean time. Just don't navigate away inside PC Settings or close PC Settings (i believe this was fixed in Build 9860. They have improved the preview build updater).

As always, do a backup of your stuff before starting the upgrade in the case things don't go smoothly.