17000 Mac botnet discovered

Execs have to make their intentions known well in advance before they sell, the dates are known to those in management. They are then allowed to cash in and out as they please, since they gave notice.

Which part of that means that execs won't sell stock when they expect its value to start going down in the future?

It only means they made that judgment based on long term trends, not sudden unexpected setbacks.

overhype this and apple will bankrupt el-oh-el

Apple had nearly $160 billion in cash and assets as of their Q1 2014 earnings report. That's several times more than the treasury of the US government. They aren't going bankrupt any time soon.

source

4930k @ 4.5GHz - EVGA 780ti Superclocked ACX - ASUS x79 Deluxe - 32GB Tactical Tracer @ 2133

Well, I'm posting this using Firefox running on Debian

Then that's good. As said, you don't have to bend over and submit to either the Russian Mafia or American Government.

Which part of that means that execs won't sell stock when they expect its value to start going down in the future?

It only means they made that judgment based on long term trends, not sudden unexpected setbacks.

Oh my god. 

Apple execs are allowed to cash out their stock as long as they give notice. They can give a notice whenever they want. All that happened is execs cashed out at the same time. Why are you trying to make this a thing? 

Guess when they chose to cash out? Right after major product releases. Why? Maximize their profits. They are allowed to do that. 

Apple execs cashing out their stock as allowed in their contracts has little bearing on the health of Apple. A company that has more money than a lot of countries at its disposal. 

Back to the worm...

Any info on how its getting deployed? Any compromised sites, etc.?

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Apple execs cashing out their stock as allowed in their contracts has little bearing on the health of Apple.

I understand that it's legal and doesn't mean the end of Apple.

What I'm saying is that I wouldn't be selling stock if I expected its value to keep rising and neither would most people.

Apple had nearly $160 billion in cash and assets as of their Q1 2014 earnings report. That's several times more than the treasury of the US government. They aren't going bankrupt any time soon.

source

yea i was joking, referring to the pictures in cloud leak stocks value drop

Better now?

Also, I remember reading that a lot of Apple execs just got rid of a lot of stock, so perhaps it isn't a good time to buy in.

Yup, we've just starting getting to the point with nice detailed news posts so anything more than a 1 liner and quote is appreciated.

I was joking when I said buy in all though I've a feeling apple will bounce back so you could pick up stocks on the cheap now but MyInnerFred is the man to talk about stocks not me :P

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

I would imagine the researchers are giving Apple time to patch the vulnerability before releasing info on how it works.

I would imagine the researchers are giving Apple time to patch the vulnerability before releasing info on how it works.

Yes, but where is it coming from is just as important to identify now. Waiting for the patch only makes it worse.

Then that's good. As said, you don't have to bend over and submit to either the Russian Mafia or American Government.

wait wait wait, so linux is not a botnet, while windows and mac OS are? where lies the diffrence?

on topic:

hmm yeah, but are people able to fall victim to this, when using reddit? that blows(atleast that's waht i understood)

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

wait wait wait, so linux is not a botnet, while windows and mac OS are? where lies the diffrence?

on topic:

hmm yeah, but are people able to fall victim to this, when using reddit? that blows(atleast that's waht i understood)

Linux is open source, so we could see if it was or not. And it isn't.

that ehm.. makes.. erh...

what if it contains bios related malware, wich get's deleted form the visibile being once installed?

(should be possible since you are able to download bios updates etc)

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

that ehm.. makes.. erh...

what if it contains bios related malware, wich get's deleted form the visibile being once installed?

(should be possible since you are able to download bios updates etc)

That's... not how that works.

Back to the worm...

Nice try to get it back on topic. This is now a discussion on the definition of a botnet, move along... 

the core of OS X is as welll ... this has nothing to do with beimg open source or not.

guys if you ACTIVELY (!!!) install a software, then of course it can be used to communicate with servers.

guess what skype, firefox, chrome, itunes, spotify etc do.!!!!!

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

...but OSX is unhackable! The smaller marketshare has absolutely nothing to do with it!

/sarcasm.

That has NOTHING to do with a hack.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

That has NOTHING to do with a hack.

That DOES have to do with the 'Macs don't get viruses' myth that Apple and their fans are perpetuating.

Nice try to get it back on topic. This is now a discussion on the definition of a botnet, move along... 

This place is like if the internet didn't exist... what next a thread starts on something and the topic goes to how a thread is created? :wacko:

...but OSX is unhackable! The smaller marketshare has absolutely nothing to do with it!

Nobody claims it's unhackable. However the fact that people are passing judgment on this before we even understand how the damn thing gets transmitted is fairly evident of the calibre of the average LTT user.

Secure they said, can't get infected they said....

They still can be but it wouldn't matter because the moment you type in your admin password you trust the program 100%.

That DOES have to do with the 'Macs don't get viruses' myth that Apple and their fans are perpetuating.

No it doesn't. If you give a program root access on any computer you've effectively lost control. This isn't Apple's fault entirely. We need to know how it's deployed before making a judgment.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

It is truly strange that Apple products would be susceptible to worms.

I got the joke yay.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Guys please don't start the unhackable macs argument.

To bad we already did, And apple shouldn't have clamied they are.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

To bad we already did, And apple shouldn't have clamied they are.

When did they claim that? Oh yeah, that's right, never.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Nobody claims it's unhackable. However the fact that people are passing judgment on this before we even understand how the damn thing gets transmitted is fairly evident of the calibre of the average LTT user.

They still can be but it wouldn't matter because the moment you type in your admin password you trust the program 100%.

No it doesn't. If you give a program root access on any computer you've effectively lost control. This isn't Apple's fault entirely. We need to know how it's deployed before making a judgment.

So you are saying Macs don't get infected?

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

When did they claim that? Oh yeah, that's right, never.

In their Mac vs PC commercials

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ