Anyone have the blue yeti (or any condenser mic really..)? Trying to eliminate background noise...

tehgray

I recently acquired a perfect condition blue yeti for 40 bucks off ebay, and now I'm trying to fiugure out how to eliminate my keyboard clicking/mouse clicks/air conditioner in the background.

I'm thinking of buying an arm anmd pop filter, but would I have to have the yeti in my face for it to do what I'm asking? I'd really like it to be out of the way of my webcam if possible...

SO yeah, if someone can point me in the right direction of minimizing the background noise, that would be great.

i74790k | Hyper 212 EVO |16gb 1600mhz Corsair Sport | Z97 Gigabyte Ga.G1 Sniper Motherboard | Gigabyte GTX 970 | 250GB 840 EVO | 3TB 7200RPM WD Black | Fractal Define R4 | Corsair K70 Red | Logitech G502 | Sennheiser HD598 + Fidelio X2 | Blue Yeti Microphone | Dell P2414h + Dell S2340m

i find this way to be the easiest shoot what ever is making background noise jk

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

Condenser mics are  not about eliminating background noise, if any they are microphones that will pick up everything, including ambient (that's why podcasts, videos and radio programs that use them are always in a sound isolated environment).

i find this way to be the easiest shot what ever is making background noise jk

WAT? This isnt even a proper sentence that makes sense...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

WAT? This isnt even a proper sentence that makes sense...

i miss spelled shoot thats all

Spoiler

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i miss spelled shoot thats all

That still would not make any sense unless you used proper punctuation such as putting a colon after 'easiest'...

Do you even English, M8?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

That still would not make any sense unless you used proper punctuation such as putting a colon after 'easiest'...

Do you even English, M8?

yes and no i am doing terrible in english/language arts but i speak english fluently 

Spoiler

The best thing I can think of is to set the mic on cardioid mode. It will pick up anything in front of it though. If you're talking straight to a mic, whatever sound is coming out from behind your back will get into the mic. You could adjust the way your computer desk is set up so that the air conditioner faces the back of the Yeti. If your mic is in front of the keyboard, that will help prevent any keyboard sounds from being picked up. You could decrease the sensitivity of the mic and then speak close to it, but that will negatively impact your sound quality (which is kindda the entire point of the Yeti.)

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

Set it into cardoid mode, and play around with volumes until you get it to pick up your voice + a tiny bit of background noise.

I use mine at 70% windows volume with the gain on the mic turned all the way down and it's really nice sounding now + doesn't pick up very much background noise at all.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

BTW, you can always record yourself via Audacity (free) and look at whether you are clipping or not, and to hear how you sound and how the background noise sounds.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

Im peronsally using a AT2020 and i recetnly picked up a Samson SP01 shockmount spider mount, on stage stands DS300B posilok desktop microphone stand and a 6-Inch clamp on microphone pop filter.

Just to help with the backround noise you will prob not be able completly remove the sound of your ac.

But getting the mic off you desk and closer to you helps a ton with backround noises.

If you're doing recordings you can remove background noises with audacity. If you're streaming you need a noise gate or push to talk.

Pop filter, Orings on keyboard, audiable sound edit to remove background noise, Cardioid mode with Very low/NO GAIN... Not kidding turn gain knob to 10% or LESS... if it's too quiet for the people you are talking too use software to fix it NOT THE KNOB...

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas