BenQ BL2710PT (need opinion)

monstarmadness

Hi guys,

I have the BenQ BL2710PT monitor ordered and wanted to request for some opinion on the monitor's performance. I have read some review but most talk about its use in professional environments. I would like opinion from someone who uses it as their daily driver. 

Could you also help me with some calibration settings to help bring out the best performance from the monitor.

Thanks a lot! 

Mjolnir
CPU: i7 4960X GPU: ASUS STRIX 970 CASE: Xigmatek Aquila MEM: 16GB 1866Mhz Kingston Fury Red Cool: Corsair H100i SSD: 2X intel S3700 400GB
HDD: 1TB Seagate Monitor: BenQ BL2710PT  Mouse: R.A.T 7  Keyboard: Corsair K70  Love: Rachel 

looks like a solid monitor :P although in terms of displays im an asus yolocholo fanboy.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

looks like a solid monitor :P although in terms of displays im an asus yolocholo fanboy.

well the only reason I ordered it was because it was almost $100 cheaper on a deal than the PB278Q and it's design is attractive IMO.....but ASUS is THE shit....I love their products a lot too...can't wait for my 970 Strix...

Mjolnir
CPU: i7 4960X GPU: ASUS STRIX 970 CASE: Xigmatek Aquila MEM: 16GB 1866Mhz Kingston Fury Red Cool: Corsair H100i SSD: 2X intel S3700 400GB
HDD: 1TB Seagate Monitor: BenQ BL2710PT  Mouse: R.A.T 7  Keyboard: Corsair K70  Love: Rachel 

Hi guys,

I have the BenQ BL2710PT monitor ordered and wanted to request for some opinion on the monitor's performance. I have read some review but most talk about its use in professional environments. I would like opinion from someone who uses it as their daily driver. 

Could you also help me with some calibration settings to help bring out the best performance from the monitor.

Thanks a lot!

I've been watching this video, saw your thread asking about.

So here it is :):

Additional Info By Reviewer: http://wecravegamestoo.com/forums/monitor-reviews-discussion/14252-benq-bl2710pt-review-2560x1440-matte-ahva-auos-version-ips-pls.html

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

well the only reason I ordered it was because it was almost $100 cheaper on a deal than the PB278Q and it's design is attractive IMO.....but ASUS is THE shit....I love their products a lot too...can't wait for my 970 Strix...

The benq is superior to the asus in every way. You're making the right choice.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

The benq is superior to the asus in every way. You're making the right choice.

Hmmm...I guess I should be satisfied then...thanks :)

Mjolnir

I've been watching this video, saw your thread asking about.

So here it is :):

Additional Info By Reviewer: http://wecravegamestoo.com/forums/monitor-reviews-discussion/14252-benq-bl2710pt-review-2560x1440-matte-ahva-auos-version-ips-pls.html

The video is so old school! :D

I read the review...Very informative!

Love the images...the contrast looks spectacular....can't really judge the colours cuz my current monitor isn't that great but going by the review my experience should be great!

Well, I'm excited...thanks a lot!!!

Mjolnir

Hmmm...I guess I should be satisfied then...thanks :)

Yes, BenQ seem to be doing good with their monitors at the moment. I, myself, are planning to buy 2x BenQ GW2765PT. It's cheaper by AU$20, however, once you add a second one that's a significant AU$40 saving. I believe that it uses the same panel. But the BL2710PT is a great monitor. I hope you enjoy it :). If you wouldn't mind though, for the benefit of anyone else wanting to buy that monitor, could you do a review of it under the member reviews section of this forum, please? :)

You can say no.

The video is so old school! :D

It's an oldie but a goodie. ;)

I read the review...Very informative!

He always is. I've watched many of his other monitor reviews as well as their accompanying written reviews. He's very thorough. :)

Love the images...the contrast looks spectacular....can't really judge the colours cuz my current monitor isn't that great but going by the review my experience should be great!

Well, I'm excited...thanks a lot!!!

You're welcome mate, I'm glad to be of some help. :)

Yes, BenQ seem to be doing good with their monitors at the moment. I, myself, are planning to buy 2x BenQ GW2765PT. It's cheaper by AU$20, however, once you add a second one that's a significant AU$40 saving. I believe that it uses the same panel. But the BL2710PT is a great monitor. I hope you enjoy it :). If you wouldn't mind though, for the benefit of anyone else wanting to buy that monitor, could you do a review of it under the member reviews section of this forum, please? :)

You can say no.

I don't mind writing a review at all...I'll even post some pictures...I just want you to know that I'm not a professional so I guess my assessment won't have all the minute details....I can however give an opinion of how it feels to use it as a daily driver...for games as well as for picture editing....

BTW..I found the GW2765PTs for $20 cheaper too...I just went for the BL2710PT cuz of better speakers....3W vs 1W....but in terms of monitor quality I'm sure they should be top notch as well...

Mjolnir

I don't mind writing a review at all...I'll even post some pictures...I just want you to know that I'm not a professional so I guess my assessment won't have all the minute details....I can however give an opinion of how it feels to use it as a daily driver...for games as well as for picture editing....

Thanks!

I'm quite sure whatever you do will be find. No one expects you to go into THAT much detail. Just whatever you can manage is all anyone asks. :)

I have a tendency of thinking ahead with what I'm writing and so I'll often accidentally leave out words. So if what I write doesn't make 100% sense then please tell me and I'll correct it. I'm pretty sure, though, that all of what I wrote above makes sense because I do proof read my posts.

Thanks!

I'm quite sure whatever you do will be find. No one expects you to go into THAT much detail. Just whatever you can manage is all anyone asks. :)

I have a tendency of thinking ahead with what I'm writing and so I'll often accidentally leave out words. So if what I write doesn't make 100% sense then please tell me and I'll correct it. I'm pretty sure, though, that all of what I wrote above makes sense because I do proof read my posts.

Alright...I'll try my best...I will not let you down!!!

Mjolnir

Alright...I'll try my best...I will not let you down!!!

I'm not setting you any standards so you'll do quite fine. I add an extra 50 points if pictures are included. :P (joking)

I'm not setting you any standards so you'll do quite fine. I add an extra 50 points if pictures are included. :P (joking)

I will uphold the name of Gryffindor! 

Mjolnir

I will uphold the name of Gryffindor!

Good boy! :P