Uplay not starting after update

So basically I attempt to play any of my ac or far cry games and uplay just won't start, do any of you have ideas? The problem started when I updated Uplay. I am also running Windows 8. Please help.

-Hugh

i would say uninstall it but i'm pretty sure you can't do that with uplay, maybe you should contact ubisoft.

I uninstalled Uplay, did not work.

I had same problem. I uninstalled and it was fine after wards..

• 3 months later...

I have the same problem. I been looking and waiting for either an update or a fix. I'm also running windows 8. Fry cry 3 was the first game i play when i built this PC. So it did work before. I have uninstall many times.

CPU: 3770K | Motherboard: Asus Maximus V Formula | GPU: GTX 1080Ti SLI | Ram: 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 | PSU: Corsair AX1200i | Storage: 2x Samsung 840 pros | Case: Corsair 650D | Cooler:  Corsair H100i with Noctus NF-F12 fans | Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q

• 2 weeks later...

I saw there was an uplay update and it still doesn't work

CPU: 3770K | Motherboard: Asus Maximus V Formula | GPU: GTX 1080Ti SLI | Ram: 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 | PSU: Corsair AX1200i | Storage: 2x Samsung 840 pros | Case: Corsair 650D | Cooler:  Corsair H100i with Noctus NF-F12 fans | Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q

• 1 month later...

I finally figured it out. (I know this post old) but I had my games in a drive that ran on the ASUS ASmedia controller and when I moved my games to a SATA port that ran the Intel controller the games then worked again. Ubisoft needs to drop uplay because they clearly don't know what doing!