Why did the MX Blue landslide even happen.

That Norwegian Guy

I'm trying to understand how a key designed for typing got ahead of keys appropriate for gaming in popularity. Objectively, Browns, Blacks and Reds are apt for varying genres of gaming. Yet, this heavy, snagging-prone, obnoxiously loud clicky switch has become party bandwagon #1 for game consumers.

You may ask "why do you care?"

Well because I'm trying to find the first red backlit MX Brown keyboard ever produced almost a year after it entered the market (Func KB-460) and when I ask webstores why they only have the shitty MX blue one in stock they all answer "because our distributor decided not to stock the other ones".

Supply and demand.

I am unable to get a proper keyboard because of massive demand for, pardon my french, shit.

Now my only alternative is the Corsair RGB keyboard, and I don't buy Corsair products. Honestly, I'm really annoyed.

PS: I'm not pissed about informed people who actually tried every switch and can honestly say they prefer blues. Good for you. What I'm pissed about is the horde of hive mind followers who went straight to blues because 'dey herdz it on the internet'

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Fc9elLu.gif

Don't Corsair make K70's with MX Browns and red backlighting?

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

This is going to sound a bit stupid but for me at least and I can imagine it is the same for allot of people I just like the sound of a mechanical keyboard the MX Blues make sound.

None were designed for typing or gaming. The cherry MX switch wasn't even necessarily designed specifically for keyboards.

This is going to sound a bit stupid but for me at least and I can imagine it is the same for allot of people I just like the sound of a mechanical keyboard the MX Blues make sound.

After a while it gets pretty damn annoying though...

Also what your talking about is likely due di Razer and their whole thing initially about it clicking like a mouse switch.

After a while it gets pretty damn annoying though...

Never! and it only gets better when you go to topre, alps, or buckling spring.

Many pro gamers use MX blue switches. I absolutely promise you that you are not worse off with MX blue switches. Browns or reds are not better for any reason for gaming. They only exist because some people prefer the lighter key switches when typing.

Honestly you should try them all and decide which you like the most for typing. When gaming you probably won't be paying as much attention to the feeling of the keyswitches.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Many pro gamers use MX blue switches. I absolutely promise you that you are not worse off with MX blue switches. Browns or reds are not better for any reason for gaming. They only exist because some people prefer the lighter key switches when typing.

Honestly you should try them all and decide which you like the most for typing. When gaming you probably won't be paying as much attention to the feeling of the keyswitches.

Brown's aren't lighter, they are exactly the same as blues just without the clicky sound.

Mostly cause ya know the sponsors and like here use this. But yes switch type is all about personal preference not about one being better than another for certain things.

Brown's aren't lighter, they are exactly the same as blues just without the clicky sound.

I thought their actuation force was the same as reds?

Plus browns have a tactile bump which kinda sorta is a sound.

EDIT: Yeah Browns and Reds are rated for 45 centiNewtons of force while Blues are 50 centiNewtons. Although I doubt 5cN really makes a difference.

Wrong. The tactile bump is smaller and due to that and the fact it lacks the clicking mechanism the actuation force is lighter.

Reds, Browns, and Blues actually all use the same spring (45g at actuation).

I thought their actuation force was the same as reds?

Plus browns have a tactile bump which kinda sorta is a sound.

Brown's don't make anymore noise that reds do. Most noise you hear from cherry MX boards is actually people violently bottoming out.

Mostly cause ya know the sponsors and like here use this. But yes switch type is all about personal preference not about one being better than another for certain things.

Personal preference factors into it, but linear switch is better (no question about it) for FPS where you often hold keys for longer periods (most notably WASD, spacebar) and tactile is obviously better for RTS when you perform a high volume of short strokes and need added precision feedback to know a keystroke is registered without looking.

Personal preference may deviate from that, but personal preference isn't universally "correct".

You think I'd be here, making this thread, if I didn't try them? Honestly.

Browns are blues that your neighbours can't hear, and that won't ever snag on the way back up, which blues can do (albeit rarely, and if used improperly)

That is a net gain, no loss. "I like when it clicks" is a superficial desire with no root in performance.

Dude, I have Softball's Theron mouse, the idiot quotes he put on the box tells me that being a "pro gamer" is meaningless in terms of knowledge about equipment. They'll just use whatever their sponsors flaunt.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Personal preference factors into it, but linear switch is better (no question about it) for FPS where you often hold keys for longer periods (most notably WASD, spacebar) and tactile is obviously better for RTS when you perform a high volume of short strokes and need added precision feedback to know a keystroke is registered without looking.

Personal preference may deviate from that, but personal preference isn't universally "correct".

Browns are blues that your neighbours can't hear, and that won't ever snag on the way back up, which blues can do (albeit rarely, and if used improperly)

That is a net gain, no loss. "I like when it clicks" is a superficial desire with no root in performance.

I will kinda answer things based on the order of bolded stuff.

1. No. Like I said I personally know and talk to semi professional and some professional Counter Strike players who actually prefer blues for playing CS. CS is a game with tons and tons of fast key presses and these players like the click. I guarantee you these players would not play as well without their favorite keyboard anyway.

2. Again I know and have interacted with professional SC players who prefer Linear. In short I see no correlation between what game someone plays and which keyswitch they prefer. furthermore I don't see a correlation in the skill of a player at their preferred game and their keyswitch they use.

3. You are correct about how personal preference is not everything, however if there truly is not correlation between what switched used and how a player performs than personal preference is the only variable and so it is the only one that matters.

4. I didn't mean to offend you but what you are saying contradicts what a lot of people say. So no I didn't know if you had tried all the keyswitches or not.

In conclusion if you prefer Browns or Reds that is absolutely fine. But saying that browns are the best is not really based on any fact.

What you all said works well in theory but in reality it doesn't matter one little bit. Also when gaming you're very unlikely not to bottom out so that becomes all the tactile feedback you need. Also if you press the key you would see it register since we'll your kinda looking at the screen, or at least I hope.

I don't know what kinda of Blues you were using but they don't snag as the spring has plenty of force to pop it back up. And the noise from Blue switch is actually just a light click if you dont bottom out.

There is no gain in performance from a keyboard if you take personal preference out of the equation. A pro gamer will perform just as well on a rubber dome as any mechanical. So yes, it's all about what one desires as them liking it more or being more comfortable with it will actually make the play better. Same thing applies to mice as well.

I know this link is for the US PCPP, but are none of these Ducky/Rosewill alternatives available in Norway?

http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/keyboard/#k=1&s=3&b=56&sort=a8

No, they aren't, additionally I find Ducky keyboards overpriced. The tenkeyless/ semi variants are constructionally similar to CM Quickfire TKs (hell, Quickfires flex less) for twice the price.

Rosewill has no presence anywhere in Europe AFAIK.

Pretty much it comes down to the fact that blues have a crisper actuation than the browns, that and people are used to tactile feedback, as 99% of all mech board users have used a membrane board for most of their life.

Pretty much it comes down to the fact that blues have a crisper actuation than the browns, that and people are used to tactile feedback, as 99% of all mech board users have used a membrane board for most of their life.

Never! I have not used a Rubber dome primarily for the better part of 10 years and im not going back, and yo ucant make me.

Never! I have not used a Rubber dome primarily for the better part of 10 years and im not going back, and yo ucant make me.

Once you go mechanical, you never go back. I'm just saying that most mechanical users started off using membranes.