Just bought ESO and it won't boot help please.

I/O

I got the Steam version of Elder Scrolls Online and I was wondering if anyone had the same problem as follows. When launching the game when I press play the game does not load. I verified the cache and reloaded the entire game but it still does not work. Does anyone know a fix ?

Yeah, the best fix is to just delete it and not play, it sucks ass.

That's utter bollocks. How are you supposed to try the game to see if you like it then ?

That's utter bollocks. How are you supposed to try the game to see if you like it then ?

Mmmm, interesting. A quick little search I found this fix:
Please go to your "My Documents/The Elder Scrolls Online" folder and open the folder in there called "Live."
Check to see if there is a file called "UserSettings.txt" in there.
If there is a file called "UserSettings.txt" do the below.
Open the file "UserSettings.txt" in Notepad, and delete all the content in it.
Copy and paste the text quoted at the bottom of this post.
Save and close the file.
Restart your launcher.
If there is NOT a file called "UserSettings.txt, do the following:
Open the Notepad program and paste in the text quoted at the bottom of this post.
Save the file as "UserSettings.txt" in your My Documents/The Elder Scrolls Online folder.
Restart your launcher.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

That's the point, you don't. It's utter shite.

Best definition of milking consumers with a good brand and delivering horribly DEV'D game this generation

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

That's the point, you don't. It's utter shite.

Best definition of milking consumers with a good brand and delivering horribly DEV'D game this generation

Would seem but something like a matter of personal opinion to me. Still going sink some hrs into the game and develop my own opinion if that's ok with you LOL.

Would seem but something like a matter of personal opinion to me. Still going sink some hrs into the game and develop my own opinion if that's ok with you LOL.

By all means. Just telling you what to expect

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530