Some ways to make more money at home?

Brandogg255

Hello,

I'm 15 years old and live in Australia and was wondering if their are any ways to make some money at home using the internet or my computer.

i7 4790k | ASUS Z97 Gryphon | 8GB Corsair XMS3 1333Mhz | Asus Direct CUII GTX 770 1267/3829 | Stock Cooler | Antec Neo Eco 520W | WD Green 1TB

Silverstone TJ08-e | Klipsch Promedia 2.1 | Razer Tiamat 2.2 | LG 24EN43VS | Razer Naga (2010) | Razer Lycosa (2010)

Planned PC Upgrades: https://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=wish_lists&wlcId=325661&action=wish_lists

You and me both buddy. The only ways I know of are:

• Become a writer
  • Become a program and maybe even a bad hacker (My morals just dont let me do that)
  • Freelance work

None of it really pays that well but it all adds up!

Hello,

I'm 15 years old and live in Australia and was wondering if their are any ways to make some money at home using the internet or my computer.

This is a very vague question, depends on what you want to do. If this was 92' the question would make sense but in today's world you can do a plethora of things on the internet, it depends on your skills, interests, and drive to keep it going once you start.

I was thinking about setting up some servers but i have no idea what for and how i could make money with them.

i7 4790k | ASUS Z97 Gryphon | 8GB Corsair XMS3 1333Mhz | Asus Direct CUII GTX 770 1267/3829 | Stock Cooler | Antec Neo Eco 520W | WD Green 1TB

Silverstone TJ08-e | Klipsch Promedia 2.1 | Razer Tiamat 2.2 | LG 24EN43VS | Razer Naga (2010) | Razer Lycosa (2010)

Planned PC Upgrades: https://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=wish_lists&wlcId=325661&action=wish_lists

Bitcoin mining but not worth it unless you have a ASIC machine. 

lol, only a small $2000 on a ASIC card xD

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

Hello,

Build computers for people

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

I was thinking about setting up some servers but i have no idea what for and how i could make money with them.

You can have people host game servers or you host them your self and they donate to get stuff etc.

Other than taking surveys and stuff to get points or whatever that you can exchange for gift cards and such, mining, but that's not profitable when taking electricity and investment costs.

• Surveys
  • Mining
  • Design webpages, designs and logos for people
  • Host servers

Only things that I can thing of, and the third would probably be the best idea. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

Other than taking surveys and stuff to get points or whatever that you can exchange for gift cards and such, mining, but that's not profitable when taking electricity and investment costs.

• Surveys
  • Mining
  • Design webpages, designs and logos for people
  • Host servers

Only things that I can thing of, and the third would probably be the best idea. 

How would you say i go about Designing Webpages for people?

How would you say i go about Designing Webpages for people?

No idea, sorry about that. Just popped into my head, I have no experience or knowledge on the matter. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

Good luck.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

Is there any reason why you can't do stuff outside of "Home"?

If you have the knowledge there's always someone that's willing to pay you for the service.

I'd recommend going to public places or government funded operations, and see if they need any IT assistance.

Who knows, maybe there's some church or library that needs IT support, but can't pay enough for a steady wage.

If you're really stuck on the "at home" mentality then there's a huge list of things you can do

• Writing (mentioned already)
  • Mining (Not worth it, especially if you don't have the money for initial investment)
  • Content creation (You'll need some decent hardware)
  • Web design (Not sure if this would count as content creation)
  • Building computers (Charging for time and labor)
  • Selling drugs......  :P (Get the good stuff tho)

Also, if your so concerned about getting money while working at home, how are you going to pay for "Server" parts?

Kids these days  :rolleyes:

The only method that worked for me (I tried MANY methods when I was your age) is Team Fortress 2 trading. If you want to make money to buy games, then personally, I think this is the best method. HOWEVER, you WILL NOT get rich overnight. It'll take you at least a few month before you have enough..."money" to spend on games. To show a realistic example of this method (me), I have done this for perhaps 2 years and so far have bought games that worth a total of $270. You may earn real money using this method, but a credit/debit card is required and it's risky. 

I'll tell you some very basic stuff and how to get started just so you can have an idea of what you're getting into if you decide to go this method. For further guide and information, I suggest you either PM me or look up youtube guides or forum guides. Please don't jump right in with no prior knowledge of what is what because that's how you'll get scammed and go back to 0. 

THE BASIC STUFF AND HOW TO GET STARTED

To get started, you'll need to download Team Fortress 2. If you have a credit/debit card or gift card this will make starting A WHOLE LOT easier. If not it'll add another few month before you can actually get started. However those few extra month will sort of act like a tutorial before you do the real deal except the tutorial isn't a tutorial because you are still working with real stuff. 

If you have credit/debit card or some sort of gift card (Visa gift card, steam wallet card), head in Team Fortress 2 and make a purchase. Any purchase. Even a 10 cent purchase or lower if you can find one. What this does is basically upgrade your free account to a premium account. A premium account IS REQUIRED for team fortress 2 trading.

If you do not have a credit/debit card or gift card. Go in TF2 and join any server, a trading server might work better though, and ask for anything. Just ask nicely, don't spam, for a starter item and say you've just started playing and want some beginner weapons or something. Reason for this is any items you get from playing the game when using free account ARE NOT TRADABLE. I'd like to get into more detail but I'm keeping this post short. So you get that near to no value item, then you try to sell it for an item which has a higher value (AKA trading).  Once you have enough items that worth enough for a "Upgrade to Premium Gift" buy it and use it to upgrade to premium. Remember to have a few extra items untradable or tradable in your backpack after you buy the Premium Gift so you're not starting over from 0 once you got your premium account.

After you have a premium team fortress 2 account. Start trading until you think you have enough extra items to spend without hurting your trading processes. Use those extra items to buy games you want or sell it for paypal cash (WARNING: RISKY AND REQUIRE CREDIT/DEBIT CARD)

ITEMS: There are simply put, 5 types of items in TF2. Metals, hats, weapons, currency, and miscellaneous.

Metals includes scrap, reclaim, refined. 3 scraps = 1 reclaim. 3 reclaim = 1 refined. They work SORT OF like currencies but it's best to convert these to "Currencies" quickly as possible as they are more stable in terms of value.

Currency includes Mann Co Keys, Bill's hat, Earbuds. These work like money. These are basically dollars in the team fortress 2 universe.

Hats are well, hats, their value vary insanely though. Some worth incredibly little and some worth a ridiculous amount. These are generally used for trading purpose as their value rise and fall and do not stay constant like currencies. As an example, some strange hats are some of the highest valued items in the Team Fortress 2 market. 

Weapons, like hats, are weapons, again, their value vary insanely so these are used for trading as well.

Miscellaneous includes paint, taunts, badges, and random stuff. Again, their value vary insanely and so again these are used for trading.

Here's a well made website that lists the value of items: http://backpack.tf/ (Use these as reference though as they do not update in real time)

Here's trading websites that you can use for trading: http://www.tf2outpost.com/ (There are others as well but I generally just use this one)

Again, these are not everything, search up guides on the internet if you do plan on getting into trading. You can also PM me if you have any specific questions.

• If you know a foreign language very well, you can be a freelance translator.

If you know your way around Photoshop, you can try freelance graphic design for small web design or marketing companies.

- Now with added  WUB WUB -

I like how mining is still being mentioned in spite of current difficulties and such making the concept as useful as trying to win an F1 race with a VW Beetle.