Can I run a GTX 750 on a pcie x16(x4) slot?

Hey guys,

The title says it all. I'm getting a GTX750 (EVGA or Gigabyte) to use on my upcoming HTPC build.  The mobo i'm using is a Gigabyte Z97m-D3H. It has 2 Pcie x16 slots. The top running at x16 speeds and the bottom running at x4 speeds. 

Because im going to install a pcie wireless card and i'm going to get a windowed case(Aerocool DS Cube) which is an matx case with horizontal mobo mounting, I want the GPU to show through the window and not a green wireless card. Will installing the GPU on the lower(x4) slot cause me any performance issues? Or do i just get a USB wireless adapter and be done with it?

Thank you.

well the slot  will bottleneck your gpu and you will see less FPS in games but for media viewing and smaller games it should be perfectly fine though

well the slot  will bottleneck your gpu and you will see less FPS in games but for media viewing and smaller games it should be perfectly fine though

Not at all. The bandwidth provided by a 4x 3.0 slot is sufficient (4x 3.0 = 8x 2.0 which is enough). I would not go any lower though. 

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

Not at all. The bandwidth provided by a 4x 3.0 slot is sufficient (4x 3.0 = 8x 2.0 which is enough). I would not go any lower though. 

Ok, thank you. When the PC is build i'll try it in both slots and see. But I am 99% that you're correct.