Is Watch Dogs Better Now?

EarthboundHero
Go to solution Solved by BenD,

well... on the topic: yes, it runs a lot better, and the mods make it look way much better.

On the story line... i actually enjoyed the story,  but i'm not a big social guy to begin with, so maybe that helps :P

As for the gameplay... wel... Hopefully they improve it in the sequal (i heard it's supposed to grow into a franchise correct me if i'm wrong)
it's not as good as it should be, it's like remember me  (if you know that game) once you know how to do things, you just repeat it and it will usually work
little over no variation

So I was super excite for Watch Dogs, but when I heard how bad it was I stayed away. It's been 4 months or so now and patches have been released. Is it better on PC at this point or no?

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

It didn't deserve all the bad reviews and if your computer can handle the extreme HD graphics check out the mod

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

It runs better than it did, and the mods make it look good. I don't think that made it a better game, however...

CPU-AMD FX 8350 @ 4.9Ghz | GPU-Sapphire 7970 OC | Motherboard-AsRock Extreme9 990fx | RAM-8GB Mushkin Blackline Ridgeback

Case-NZXT Switch 810 | Heatsink-NZXT HAVIK | SSD-Samsung 840 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barricuda 1TB; WD Green 2TB
PSU-Seasonic X-Series 850 Watt | Mouse-Razer Naga | Keyboard-Razer Blackwidow | Speakers-Logitech z623

It didn't deserve all the bad reviews and if your computer can handle the extreme HD graphics check out the mod

Extreme HD graphics? BAHAHAHA

You have no idea what you're talking about. When someone could run crysis 3 better than watchdogs, there's a problem. Then there was the botched graphics on purpose, poorly optimized, etc. That's what it was about, I suggest you do some research on what you speak before you speak it when giving advice.

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

Extreme HD graphics? BAHAHAHA

You have no idea what you're talking about. When someone could run crysis 3 better than watchdogs, there's a problem. Then there was the botched graphics on purpose, poorly optimized, etc. That's what it was about, I suggest you do some research on what you speak before you speak it when giving advice.

I was talking about the mod that fixed it

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I'm able to run the game on highest settings (save for AA) with an R9 280 3GB.

Story-wise it's still crap and the characters are still morally empty and not likeable.

The game itself is OK but it just didn't draw me in.

Sleeping Dogs is a much better game.

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)

Game was never crap for me, was able to run it pretty well on my tiny 7750, but god, the freaking auto run, how the hell do I turn it off, I didn't pay 50 dollars for a game just to have some shit auto run kill me in an intense moment

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

In my opinion, the game's mechanics are all good and fairly well-executed and fun, still a bad PC port, yes, the graphics mod would also make the game looks way better with minimal performance impact (I was like "WTH?", since I'm only using a laptop).

Before the patches, I ran the game on Low, after the patches, I can turn to Medium, so I think the performance is fairly good now. You'll most likely enjoy it, just keep all the hype and influences out of your mind, then you'll  probably enjoy the game.

I am running this game with AMD FX-8350, 8 GB RAM and Asus GTX 760 on ultra except Textures with 40 to 45 Frames. My Ambient Occlusion is on HBAO+ and my AA is TXAA 2X. I love this game's story, characters and gang hideouts are awesome. After patches, it is even better. Good job UBISOFT.

well... on the topic: yes, it runs a lot better, and the mods make it look way much better.

On the story line... i actually enjoyed the story,  but i'm not a big social guy to begin with, so maybe that helps :P

As for the gameplay... wel... Hopefully they improve it in the sequal (i heard it's supposed to grow into a franchise correct me if i'm wrong)
it's not as good as it should be, it's like remember me  (if you know that game) once you know how to do things, you just repeat it and it will usually work
little over no variation

I7 3930K @4.4 GHz  /  Asus rampage 4 formula  / 4x 8gb kingston hyperx blue low profile / gtx 980  / 2x ssd 500gb samsung 840 / 500gb 840evo ssd   /  500 GB WD blue /  windows 7 ultimate
my build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/133477-750d-finished/