Consumer Reports Releases Results of iPhone 6 Stress Test

Yeah, bend that:

1-Nokia-3310-580-90.jpg

I lost track of my 3310 after it got handed down thrice (ca. 2010)...

I disagree. It's carrot.

That's more family friendly :D. Somebody needs to wash their mouth out with soap I think. ;)

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

not exactly a word, but it the three periods that people put after their sentences instead of just one period. 

Just look at DigitalHermit's post above.

I guess.... I'm... just part of the statistics...

I guess.... I'm... just part of the statistics...

Yes, but we all are, in the face of the New World Order.

3 periods, 3, 3 sides of a triangle, triangle, Illuminati.

MY GOD! I have cracked the code!

Nope its "..."

Ah, the great condescending mark.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Ah, the great condescending mark.

I don't use it like that...

It's just a typing habit that I have...

Mac forums also makes you lose brain cells every time you go near it.

Why aren't people using "Bendghazi". Sounds much better than "Bendgate".

Ah now, I'm in the gaming and Mac Pro section all the time, there are already folks that have gotten the GTX 970 & 980 to work in the mac pro. Lots of amazingly good info there.

Just like here though, it can get flooded with very ignorant people. I mean just look at the second post on this page.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

repost.

maybe the guy from unbox therapy has freakishly hulking hands

I doubt it, that said I know for a fact I personally can crush with more then 110 pounds of force with a single hand so I'm pretty sure he'd have no problem bending an Iphone with 2 hands.

| CPU: i7-4770K @4.6 GHz, | CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 + 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC PWM 2000RPM  | Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB(2x8GB) 2133MHz, 11-11-11-27(Red) | GPU: 2x MSI R9 290 Gaming Edition  | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250gb | HDD: Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD 1TB + 4x Seagate ST4000DX001 SSHD 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black | Fans: 1x NZXT FZ 200mm Red LED 3x Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Red Edition 2x Aerocool Dead Silence 120mm Red Edition  | LED lighting: NZXT Hue RGB |

did they heat the phones up first to pocket/charging temps?

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

what about repeat smaller loads, eg a load if 30 pounds (seriously use metric you morons) but hundreds of times

The first iphone 6 bend by unbox therapy was btw kinda fake:ish...

I don't want to go on fake or not since I don't really care if iphone 6 bend or not (happy with S5) but just noticed when watching it over and over with my another friend who is apple fan... and saw few other posts about it on the internet

in the beginning of the video you could see the time on "unbended" iphone 6 and then later on after the bend you could see the time again... and well the time doesn't match up... the after bend time is before the before bend time...

it might not be fake... just some technical glitch and/or editing... but it does make the video loses it's credibility

PLEASE QUOTE OR TAG (WITH @) ME IF YOU REALLY REALLY REALLY WANT ME TO REPLY!!!!!!!

Also if your issue is solved don't forget to mark the thread as solved!
Peace!!! from a random person in the tech's god forsaken land (named Finland or as I like to call it sarcastically FUNland)

Interesting. It means that the strength of tight jeans can snap at least 3 or 4 pencils together in half, that can't be good for circulation ladies and hipsters: Please switch to yoga pants instead of skinny jeans.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Like I put in the other thread, if sitting down with a phone in your pocket exerts enough pressure to bend a phone, they're not being tested strongly enough. They said 55 lbs is enough to break 3 pencils. An 8 year old can do that. Not good enough.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

SIR PLEASE STOP YOU ARE GOING TO DIE

*drinks*

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Like I put in the other thread, if sitting down with a phone in your pocket exerts enough pressure to bend a phone, they're not being tested strongly enough. They said 55 lbs is enough to break 3 pencils. An 8 year old can do that. Not good enough.

Well said mate! Too right! :D

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

what this test doesn't factor in is the point of pressure. It is only testing the very center of the phone on a complete vertical line. In Lou's test for the iphone 6 it was the point where the power (or volume?) button is, citing it as a weak point in the phone's construction. in the same area, the M8 didn't budge but he did said he heard a crack or creek.

130 pounds of pressure or more is very reasonable for the others but you can clearly see that the iphone 6 is structurally weaker than the rest (with the exception of the M8 in the tests above).

I wouldn't call either this test or even the test performed by Lou to be scientific at all and IMO, neither should be taken as absolute fact. Maybe this will promote companies to do more vigorous testing before releasing a product.

Processor: AMD FX8320 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO 2.0 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600Mhz

Graphics: Zotac GTX 1060 6GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair Carbine 500R Drives: 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD & Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD

I think Lew's video is more legitimate than the Consumer Reports one since even though in a perfect scenario with the phone being pressured at the centre with equal amounts of the sides being supported while doing so showing that HTC One M8 is the easiest bend while Lew shows that he couldn't bend it as much as the iPhone with his bear hands seems more of a reasonable test. I would go as far as to say that Consumer Reports and even Lew's videos are not accurate at all since no one said that the phones will always be pressured to bend in the centre and will have equal forces holding each side. I just find it way to hard to believe that Samsung Galaxy Note 3 would be the hardest to bend in a real life scenario over the HTC One M8.

Repost. Fetching link. https://linustechtips.com/main/index.php?/topic/223066-Consumer-Reports-Releases-Results-of-iPhone-6-Stress-Test Consumer Reports Releases Results of iPhone 6 Stress Test

repost.

maybe the guy from unbox therapy has freakishly hulking hands

great contribution to the discussion dickheads, and way to encourage speed over quality this post is much better.

great contribution to the discussion dickheads, and way to encourage speed over quality this post is much better.

The old post was fine, and had enough details to be considered a post. Therefore this one is a repost, and I'm not obligated to continue the discussion on one.

Great way to encourage other people to repost... :P

Tea, Metal, and poorly written code.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz/CPU Cooler: Arctic Cooling Freezer i11/Motherboard: Asus Z97-PRO(Wi-Fi ac)/Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866/Primary Storage: Samsung 850 Pro Series 512GB SSD/Secondary Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 2TB HDD/Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970/Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Blackout ATX Mid Tower/Power Supply: Corsair 760W/Optical Drive: Asus Blu-Ray Reader/Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)/Monitor: Dell U2713HM 60Hz 27.0" Monitor 

that's just an article pointing to the same consumer reports test....

Processor: AMD FX8320 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO 2.0 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600Mhz

Graphics: Zotac GTX 1060 6GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair Carbine 500R Drives: 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD & Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD

The first iphone 6 bend by unbox therapy was btw kinda fake:ish...

I don't want to go on fake or not since I don't really care if iphone 6 bend or not (happy with S5) but just noticed when watching it over and over with my another friend who is apple fan... and saw few other posts about it on the internet

in the beginning of the video you could see the time on "unbended" iphone 6 and then later on after the bend you could see the time again... and well the time doesn't match up... the after bend time is before the before bend time...

it might not be fake... just some technical glitch and/or editing... but it does make the video loses it's credibility

It was like that because he recorded it at different times and edited it together. He released an unedited video of him bending a brand new iPhone in the middle of the streets.

Fun fact: Nokia used 3-point bending machines similar to what Consumer Reports used here to torture test phones like that to ensure they would never break under normal and some abnormal use.

No no no you got it the other way around. Instron used the Nokia 3310 to test the durability of their compression test machines.

MKBHD tried to verify this in his latest video and well... You probably know the rest.

post-216-0-01963300-1411838779.jpg

(Not actual facts by the way...)

that's just an article pointing to the same consumer reports test....

my bad, didn't see the first post of the link :P

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz/CPU Cooler: Arctic Cooling Freezer i11/Motherboard: Asus Z97-PRO(Wi-Fi ac)/Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866/Primary Storage: Samsung 850 Pro Series 512GB SSD/Secondary Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 2TB HDD/Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970/Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Blackout ATX Mid Tower/Power Supply: Corsair 760W/Optical Drive: Asus Blu-Ray Reader/Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)/Monitor: Dell U2713HM 60Hz 27.0" Monitor 

what this test doesn't factor in is the point of pressure. It is only testing the very center of the phone on a complete vertical line. In Lou's test for the iphone 6 it was the point where the power (or volume?) button is, citing it as a weak point in the phone's construction. in the same area, the M8 didn't budge but he did said he heard a crack or creek.

130 pounds of pressure or more is very reasonable for the others but you can clearly see that the iphone 6 is structurally weaker than the rest (with the exception of the M8 in the tests above).

I wouldn't call either this test or even the test performed by Lou to be scientific at all and IMO, neither should be taken as absolute fact. Maybe this will promote companies to do more vigorous testing before releasing a product.

That's a good point.  There seem to be a lot of variables to consider when running these tests.  The issue is figuring out how the phone is pressured in a real life scenario.  In real life, the phone is a bit warmer in the pocket (like in Lou's test where his hands are heating it), but the force is also being applied to a larger area than just a point (like Consumer Report's test where they apply the force along the entire width of the phone).