REFLEX: The game we've wanted since quake 3

EYCEthebest003

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/191095869/reflex

Now on kickstarter, this game is planned to offer a TON of features including:

• Old School Gameplay - A return to fast paced, arcade FPS! 
  • Lots of game modes - 1v1, Team Deathmatch, Capture The Flag, Control, Arena, Juggernaut, Midair + more. 
  • Matchmaking - Quickly find games of any type or simply jump on a server with friends. 
  • In-game, multiplayer map editor - Build maps with friends then smear those friends across the walls. 
  • In-game replay editor - Easily create frag films and highlights. 
  • LAN support - Grab your computer, your friends and a case of something caffeinated and enjoy the lowest pings possible through a tangled mess of CAT cable. 
  • High Performance - Reflex uses a custom built engine targeting 120fps (and we don't cap framerates so melt your GPU if you want)

Great stuff, AND THERES ONE MORE THING!

the original voice actor for the quake announcer has been in contact with the creators and its very likely that he will be doing the announcer voice for this game

Sauce: http://np.reddit.com/r/QuakeLive/comments/2h61jv/i_just_got_the_game_on_steam_is_there_a_way_to/cks7y5q?context=3

Exciting stuff.  Its like quake, but with better graphics, the original announcer, and a few other really cool features.

Corsair Obsidian 800D | Msi GD-80 z68 | Intel Core i72600k (stock speeds at the moment) | Msi Gtx 570 twin frozr III | 8GB Corsair Dominator @1600mHz | Coolermaster evo 212 temporary) | Cooled by Gelid Wings | Intel SRT smart caching | Windows 7 ultimate x64

Ehhh kickstarter... whats the release date of this?

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Ehhh kickstarter... whats the release date of this?

December 2016 :T  It looks exciting though and the core game seems pretty far along.

Corsair Obsidian 800D | Msi GD-80 z68 | Intel Core i72600k (stock speeds at the moment) | Msi Gtx 570 twin frozr III | 8GB Corsair Dominator @1600mHz | Coolermaster evo 212 temporary) | Cooled by Gelid Wings | Intel SRT smart caching | Windows 7 ultimate x64

It's about time. I'm feeling the nostalgia already...

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

December 2016 :T  It looks exciting though and the core game seems pretty far along.

a little hard for me to invest in something thats over 3 years away pretty much.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Not 100% sure I'd wanna spend cash on this kick starter. Sure the engine looks pretty darn sweet, graphics ain't too bad but isn't just a rev of quake/metroid...lost quite a bit on interest in fps/tps genres. 2016 Dec is quite a way too go & we don't have SC yet :( Looks kinda boring & will die in a couple weeks after launch like TitanFall.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

Can we get 64x64 matches finally?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Eh, I'm more excited for Toxikk.

Plus, Unreal Tournament 4 will be free.

Eh, I'm more excited for Toxikk.

Plus, Unreal Tournament 4 will be free.

I've actually already paid for a copy of toxik.  But this is cool too and i thought it deserved to be shared

I've actually already paid for a copy of toxik.  But this is cool too and i thought it deserved to be shared

I need to purchase one myself soon. :)

Can't wait for them to release an alpha and then abandon it!

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

sees kickstarter

they are asking for only $360,000

highly skeptical....

God I hated Quake.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

tbh I don't like that type of fps. At all.

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

Nope.

Ever since SJW tainted pandering of Mighty No. 9 that was so bad, the Community Manager (who ONLY got in because of dating one of the employees) was blocking accounts of those who DONATED CASH on the CORPORATE Twitter as if it was her personal one, I lost faith in Kickstarter when it comes to new games. There's always some layer of bullshit that ruins a good game.

As for the game itself when it comes to shooters, I just want a game like GoldenEye 007 for the N64, but with modern controls instead. Arena FPS was fun in high school and war based FPS is dull. Give me English spies dammit.

yeah, I prefer FPS like Halo Combat Evolved on PC and CoD 4

I think that sort of thing has its own advantages, however... quake is insane.

Tea, Metal, and poorly written code.