Evil within PC requirements listed, Another bad PC port?

werto165

The system requirements for evil within game have been listed and it's crazy, it seems like the game is not very well optimised, they say that with less than 4GB of VRAM they cannot guarantee optimal performance. Is this just a sign of a bad PC port, or is it really just a demanding game? Is it taking up 4GB of VRAM and RAM because "next gen" has 8GB of RAM? 

Recommended PC System Specifications

• 64-bit Windows 7/Windows 8
    i7 with four plus cores
  • 4 GBs RAM
  • 50 GB of hard drive space*
  • GeForce GTX 670 or equivalent with 4GBs of VRAM

Note: We do not have a list of minimum requirements for the game. If you’re trying to play with a rig with settings below these requirements (you should plan to have 4 GBs of VRAM regardless), we cannot guarantee optimal performance.

http://www.bethblog.com/

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Was Wolfenstein optimized badly for PC?

marketing bullshit, I'll grow wings and fly to the moon before we actually need an i7 to play games.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

okay so it seems like we're gonna need a

5960X

128gb Ram

GTX 980 Quad Sli

to run this game at low - Medium settings @720p

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

okay so it seems like we're gonna need a

5960X

128gb Ram

GTX 980 Quad Sli

to run this game at low - Medium settings @720p

Someone understands

CPU:4790k MOBO:A CHEAP GIGABYTE Z97x-Sli RAM: G.SKILL 1333mhz 8gb GPU:MSI GTX 780 PSU:TT SMARTPOWER 750w Case: Thermaltake Urban T31 Cpu Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper T4
Phone: Samsung ativ S Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse: Razer Mamba Headset: Turtle Beach XP Seven
3 monitors FTW only use 1 for gaming though. #MLG

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/05/20/wolfenstein-new-order-pc-problems/

Some day 1 issues. Most likely sorted out by now.

The system requirements for evil within game have been listed and it's crazy, it seems like the game is not very well optimised, they say that with less than 4GB of VRAM they cannot guarantee optimal performance. Is this just a sign of a bad PC port, or is it really just a demanding game? Is it taking up 4GB of VRAM and RAM because "next gen" has 8GB of RAM? 

Recommended PC System Specifications

• 64-bit Windows 7/Windows 8

i7 with four plus cores

• 4 GBs RAM
  • 50 GB of hard drive space*
  • GeForce GTX 670 or equivalent with 4GBs of VRAM

Note: We do not have a list of minimum requirements for the game. If you’re trying to play with a rig with settings below these requirements (you should plan to have 4 GBs of VRAM regardless), we cannot guarantee optimal performance.

http://www.bethblog.com/

Posted from the other thread I created on this. I already petitioned it to be removed. Posting here instead:

1. i7 with four plus cores 

when most games barely make use of dual core processors why does this game need a quad core processor let alone an i7? The last game I remember that "required" four cores was AC4:Black Flag and the game was modded to run on two cores with no problem*.  They also fail to state a model number or clock speed so I guess any old i7 will work

2. GeForce GTX 670 or equivalent with 4GBs of VRAM

Unless this game is the next coming of graphical detail jesus I highly doubt you'll be needing 4GB of VRAM to make this game look any good. It's recommended that you have a lot of ram on your graphics card to make use of 4K textures, so why would this game that is also running on last gen consoles need 4GB of VRAM?

3. 41GB install, seriously?

Everything about this sounds like a terrible port. I would not recommend pre-ordering so that we avoid another Watch_Dogs incident.

Saw a gameplay preview of this game or whatever, and I swear to the river styx that these recommended specs are absolutely ludicrous. No fucking way the game I saw is that demanding, no way in hell.

what's with the bad ports lately or games not living up to  expectations.  Is this like a new trend from developers?  I mean seriously....WHAT THE  HELL!!!!!

Are they purposely trying to make the PC look bad or is it just pure laziness to save some money.

what's with the bad ports lately or games not living up to  expectations.  Is this like a new trend from developers?  I mean seriously....WHAT THE  HELL!!!!!

Are they purposely trying to make the PC look bad or is it just pure laziness to save some money.

PS3/360 launches mark the beginning of the era in which MS and Sony started buying temporary and permanent exclusives for their respective platforms. PC has become an afterthought for vast majority of developers.

PC first or PC only developers are extremely rare. As a result of the extreme cut cost/maximize profit agenda that publishers have adopted, it doesn't make sense, from their perspective, to put in 25% more effort to make a game 15% prettier/more efficient.

That's not even the worst if you ask me, QTE fests and dumbing down games to peasant levels is the worst offense.

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

Sounds like another Dead Rising 3.

The game is by no means graphically impressive or at the cutting edge, but it handles like pushing a shopping cart full of bowling balls up a flight of stairs during a rave.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/05/20/wolfenstein-new-order-pc-problems/

Some day 1 issues. Most likely sorted out by now.

Considering it runs quite fine on my friends PC, which is not the greatest, I wouldn't be too concerned

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM 

:S that sounds like a bad port, everything uncompressed because the consoles don't have the grunt to deal with compression/decompression on the fly, then again maybe its just someone pulling specs out of the air...

so this pretty much means we'll keep on getting shitty pc ports with sub-par graphics for the foreseeable future.

then what's the point in purchasing high end cards anymore?  I'm truly starting to hate all developers...they all suck.

I guess all the steam sales are not good enough.

so this pretty much means we'll keep on getting shitty pc ports with sub-par graphics for the foreseeable future.

then what's the point in purchasing high end cards anymore? I'm truly starting to hate all developers...they all suck.

The problem is that Gamers as a whole don't really know what a bad port is. A lot of gamers don't care enough to go "you know, I don't like having a game that's buggy or looks like it was textured with a mud brush, I'm not going to be buying it". Insread it's "hey that game is finally out here's my 60 dollars".

It's being uneducated and not giving a crap.

then what's the point in purchasing high end cards anymore?  I'm truly starting to hate all developers...they all suck.

Where are all these bad ports people are always arguing about. Watch_Dogs, maybe, but id argue there is some serious with the engine in general that causes the problems its seeing, not so much the port. Other Than that, i can't think of the last game i had any questions about buying because of the port, Maybe Dark Souls

We all knew that ID 5 has huge VRAM usage and pop in, but im still thrilled for this game and plan to buy it as soon as i find out if the PC version is good, if not ill grab it on my PS4

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

Meh, obviously don't pre-order it, but the i7 spec thing and good GPU stuff has happened before. It's probably just marketing IMO rather than a bad port.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones