Question for artists or anybody in general!

Where do you get your ideas? For art, projects, anything in general. Do they just come to you or do you do something specific do acquire new ideas? 

If you also feel like sharing you should post your favorite project or idea you've had ever! Maybe even a picture? :D

System Specs: AMD FX-8350, Coolermaster Hyper TX3 cooler, 8 GBs of Corsair Vengeance Blue 1600 ram, Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 motherboard, ASUS Xonar DGX sounds card, ASUS wireless card, Corsair GS700 power supply, NZXT Hue, NZXT Phantom 630 black, and an ASUS Matrix 580 gpu.

I have a creative mind, I find having conversation's either online or in real life help.

So i think the mindset is the main thing

Its all about those volumetric clouds

Im not an artist myself, but I normally have struggles with projects when I'm trying to simulate something, or when im writing a code or simply when im trying to find a solution for a problem. Maybe I'll try to solve it for hours....days, and sometimes (not too many times, thankfully) weeks. At this point i'll normally do this things:

1- Take a looooong shower

2- Lay on my bed (normally, looking at the ceiling) and just think

3- And then, when im all tired and frustrated, almost falling asleep, I get the solution or at least, a new idea of how to solve my problem. 

That's what normally works for me. And if I dont get the solution...i just fall asleep and the next day, I'll keep thinking  :lol:.

Some people suggest taking a walk, but that has never worked for me. I get distracted waaaay too easy. 

Im not an artist myself, but I normally have struggles with projects when I'm trying to simulate something, or when im writing a code or simply when im trying to find a solution for a problem. Maybe I'll try to solve it for hours....days, and sometimes (not too many times, thankfully) weeks. At this point i'll normally do this things:

1- Take a looooong shower

2- Lay on my bed (normally, looking at the ceiling) and just think

3- And then, when im all tired and frustrated, almost falling asleep, I get the solution or at least, a new idea of how to solve my problem. 

That's what normally works for me. And if I dont get the solution...i just fall asleep and the next day, I'll keep thinking  :lol:.

Some people suggest taking a walk, but that has never worked for me. I get distracted waaaay too easy. 

Walking is where mine usually come from or when I'm in class and start getting sidetracked so easily from my ADHD but it gives me great ideas sometimes!

System Specs: AMD FX-8350, Coolermaster Hyper TX3 cooler, 8 GBs of Corsair Vengeance Blue 1600 ram, Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 motherboard, ASUS Xonar DGX sounds card, ASUS wireless card, Corsair GS700 power supply, NZXT Hue, NZXT Phantom 630 black, and an ASUS Matrix 580 gpu.

I can draw but I am not creative. I recreate things that I see but I have a tough time creating things on my own. The only things I can make are ambigrams but other than that my stuff is basically a rip of whatever I see with slight changes or basically the exact same :/