Is Linus EVER going to touch his product again?

withtheeye

I am so sad that Linus doesn't physically touch anything in any of his videos anymore... even for unboxings... (check out the last dozen videos or so)

Other than maybe resting his hand on the product, or rarely picking it up, all we see is a motionless Linus... and then it is cut-scene after cut-scene, where someones' hands are touching Linus' product!!! ...sometimes from the Kitchen downstairs...

I am all for streamlining the processes, implementing the factory mentality to business, and paying people to "do the dirty work" of touching product... but it has gotten ridiculous...

Remember the days when Linus actually had to use Box Cutters to open a box???????????????????????

I, for one, am not offended by Linus touching his product... I want to see him touch his product again!!!

I feel as if this topic is partially/completely made as a Linus-touching-himself joke.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

He has evolved to his ultimate form. Physically touching something is beneath him. 

On a more serious note.

I haven't really noticed it

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Linus touching his product? You are asking for it man... :D Brace yourselves.

SimRacer - Casual FSX Pilot!

Spoiler

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk | CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz | PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s | Display: BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler

He has a wife to do that for him...oh, wait...you mean something else. Nevermind.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

What are you on about? He still tosses the new GPUs around like they're some kind of stress reliever. Practically juggles them half the time. He doesn't do much unboxing sure but he handles the stuff a fair amount.

What are you on about? He still tosses the new GPUs around like they're some kind of stress reliever. Practically juggles them half the time. He doesn't do much unboxing sure but he handles the stuff a fair amount.

Yes, he did touch the GPU he reviewed. But look at the other videos in the past few months...

If Linus wants to touch himself... Oh, this isn't that kind of thread. 

My bad. I shall be off. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

I feel as if this topic is partially/completely made as a Linus-touching-himself joke.

It was a commentary... then I realized that it was about Linus touching his product... couldn't... help... myself...

I am so sad that Linus doesn't physically touch anything in any of his videos anymore... even for unboxings... (check out the last dozen videos or so)

Other than maybe resting his hand on the product, or rarely picking it up, all we see is a motionless Linus... and then it is cut-scene after cut-scene, where someones' hands are touching Linus' product!!! ...sometimes from the Kitchen downstairs...

I am all for streamlining the processes, implementing the factory mentality to business, and paying people to "do the dirty work" of touching product... but it has gotten ridiculous...

Remember the days when Linus actually had to use Box Cutters to open a box???????????????????????

I, for one, am not offended by Linus touching his product... I want to see him touch his product again!!!

Lmao ikr I remember him doing them in the lawns infront of NCIX

I'm confused! You suggest one thing yet mean something else but it's interpreted in the first way yet I know it means the second way and now I'm probably just confusing you and I haven't really noticed anything different but if you have that's nice now have a good day I'm off now before my internal monologue carries on.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Now I am going to have to go back and watch the last few videos to see if this is true. I hadn't even noticed it.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

For what you are getting at i think its so whoever is editing it gets the close up shots they want to match what linus is saying. doing it all on the fly could potentially cause more out take = more time wasted

Lmao ikr I remember him doing them in the lawns infront of NCIX

Aww such a touching story :)

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

For what you are getting at i think its so whoever is editing it gets the close up shots they want to match what linus is saying. doing it all on the fly could potentially cause more out take = more time wasted

Yes, I recognize this will happen and acknowledged in the OP that they will necessarily streamline the "machine."

However, it would be nice if it were Linus touching the product. Instead it is someone elses' hand / fingers... in another room... often in a kitchen (?). 

Umm. wat? wat did i read?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I thought it said Luke in the preview.

And so GabeN has told us to march forthith unto the Land of Holy welding our swords of mice, shields of keyboards, and helmets of Oculus Rifts where we shall reclaim it-which is rightfully ours-from the PUNY Console Peasants from whom armed only with mere controllers we shall decimate in all forms of battle and we shall dominate even in their most ridiculous tradition and infatuation of CoD. Yes, my brothers- sisters and trans sexuals too- we shall destroy the inferior of races with our might and majesty. And if any Peasants wish to join us they must speak now or forever perish. -Ancient Speech from a Leader of Old, Book of Murratri section 2

I thought it said Luke in the preview.

Luke touching Linus' product?

Woah, open up a window in here /s

I am just going to leave before we make this more inappropriate.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Luke touching Linus' product?

Woah, open up a window in here /s

It just got steamy.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D