"Maxwell is an Overclocking Monster" K|NGP|N and TiN crack 2GHz+

MEC-777

can't you keep a liquid nitrogen loop in a pc all the time

I am far from an expert but I was under the impression that you had to continually pour the liquid nitorgen over the core of the GPU to do these kinds of overclocks. So you really cant use the PC during the process because you need to be managing the LN2 and not playing Crysis 3. 

I could be way off though.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

No. It evaporates. You're breathing it right now.

ok

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

can't you keep a liquid nitrogen loop in a pc all the time

A shame we can't lol

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I am far from an expert but I was under the impression that you had to continually pour the liquid nitorgen over the core of the GPU to do these kinds of overclocks. So you really cant use the PC during the process because you need to be managing the LN2 and not playing Crysis 3. 

I could be way off though.

ok

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

A shame we can't lol

You could if you had a good compressor / heat exchanger loop that would recondensate the liquid nitrogen. It would take a lot of space and require a fair ton of power but it could be done. I can build one for you if you'd like. 

Spoiler

And then theres me, with an OC'd 270 (+ nothing impressive) and a A6-6400K wich is really bottlenecking the 270

Well, technically you could if you pressurized the crap out of it in your loop. You would need a hell of a loop but you could do it.

EDIT: I see that you have covered this while I was typing this post... Carry on :)

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

You could if you had a good compressor / heat exchanger loop that would recondensate the liquid nitrogen. It would take a lot of space and require a fair ton of power but it could be done. I can build one for you if you'd like. 

go ahead and start, and I'll just be over here, not having any money lol. I wonder what kind of performance you could get in game with that kind of setup, maybe max out 144hz screen to the point you have to turn vsync on?

Well, technically you could if you pressurized the crap out of it in your loop. You would need a hell of a loop but you could do it.

EDIT: I see that you have covered this while I was typing this post... Carry on :)

He'd also require "water" blocks and rads that are rated for higher pressure, so pretty much everything would be custom except the piping which is pretty abundant (ex : A312 TP316 seamless 1/2'' #300 sch. 80)

Spoiler

go ahead and start, and I'll just be over here, not having any money lol. I wonder what kind of performance you could get in game with that kind of setup, maybe max out 144hz screen to the point you have to turn vsync on?

omg. guyz.

This would be the ULTIMATE pc mod. If ever I'm rich someday, you know what to look for in the build log section.

Spoiler

Pretty sure the tubing and rubber orings in your blocks would harden and crack if you ran LN2 through it. Not to mention there are no blocks available that can handle the pressure.

He'd also require "water" blocks and rads that are rated for higher pressure, so pretty much everything would be custom except the piping which is pretty abundant (ex : A312 TP316 seamless 1/2'' #300 sch. 80)

The blocks would be easy, radiators would be tougher, but I doubt you would need a lot of radiator area with a LN2 loop, if any at all. Hmmm...

omg. guyz.

This would be the ULTIMATE pc mod. If ever I'm rich someday, you know what to look for in the build log section.

Just to be ballin as hell, you should do it with heavy wall quartz glass tubing. I wonder if you could dye liquid nitrogen..... Would there be that much pressure in the system? and I feel like you might run into problems where the system literally freezes up

The blocks would be easy, radiators would be tougher, but I doubt you would need a lot of radiator area with a LN2 loop, if any at all. Hmmm...

Yea, you're right. Just the condenser part of the refrigeration loop would expel all the heat pretty easily. Water condensation would be a problem though. For sure.

Spoiler

Just to be ballin as hell, you should do it with heavy wall quartz glass tubing. I wonder if you could dye liquid nitrogen..... Would there be that much pressure in the system? and I feel like you might run into problems where the system literally freezes up

I wouldn't dye a liquid in a refrigeration loop since it will either totally or partially vaporize at some point of the loop, leaving dye particles to clog piping slowly. But still nice to entertain the idea.

Spoiler

damn dat 970 is looking good....any one want to buy a 760?

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

Yea, you're right. Just the condenser part of the refrigeration loop would expel all the heat pretty easily. Water condensation would be a problem though. For sure.

Good point.

I guess after all that, I will stick to air and water cooling ;)

So far on air, not many are getting that far past 1300 core on the 970 according to Firestrike data. Only time will tell though.

You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

So far on air, not many are getting that far past 1300 core on the 970 according to Firestrike data. Only time will tell though.

Apparently High tech legion hit 1500 with the MSI Gaming 970 without adding voltage. The Gigabyte G1 comes with a factory boost of over 1300, so it should be able to crack 1400 without too much coaxing. Linus just reviewed the Strix 970 (go see the video) and they hit a sizable OC on that as well. 

It also could be that people don't want to push their brand new hardware too far right from the get-go. ;)

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

Dammmm! Maybe with the die shrink we can have 1500MHz base and 2000 boostMHz.

Tired of all these f*ing old news reposts...

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

Apparently High tech legion hit 1500 with the MSI Gaming 970 without adding voltage. The Gigabyte G1 comes with a factory boost of over 1300, so it should be able to crack 1400 without too much coaxing. Linus just reviewed the Strix 970 (go see the video) and they hit a sizable OC on that as well. 

It also could be that people don't want to push their brand new hardware too far right from the get-go. ;)

They hit 1500 boost without adding voltage?

They hit 1500 boost without adding voltage?

So they claim. I take that with a grain of salt at the moment, but considering the G1 comes with factory boost of over 1300, I would say it's not impossible. 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

Tired of all these f*ing old news reposts...

I only just saw the article last night. If someone else already posted it, I couldn't find it. Also it's not THAT old - only a few days. If you've seen this news already and consider it "old", then maybe don't bother reading it and just move along? That's what I do.

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

HTPC:

Spoiler

Laptops:

Spoiler

NAS:

Spoiler

So they claim. I take that with a grain of salt at the moment, but considering the G1 comes with factory boost of over 1300, I would say it's not impossible. 

I believe it. I have a cheap ass Zotac and it can hit over 1500 boost so far. It scored a 5862 graphics score in Firestrike Extreme.  http://www.3dmark.com/fs/2803974

These cards OC very well.