OC Panel Cable extension....

Okay, so, I am currently in the midst of a problem, as with most people on here likely are.. I recently began a mission to remove the OC panel from my front panel, with the goal of extending it... I took the necessary photograph in glorious 36MP with my D800, and ensured that I could tell what went where. Sadly, one of my roommates neglected to follow my "remove ALL cards before use!!!" rule, and in doing so, ended up deleting my photographs... To that end, I really need someone to either photograph (over 24MP probably), or write out (with a color-coded key), a list of the wires and where they go. This way I can replace the short cables with the SINGLE long, shielded cable I purchased (18 conductor+ground) If anybody is able to help me with this, I simply have not found the pinout for both ends, and a fellow over on OCN.net has not followed through with his promise to send it on over (Although he did immediately send pictures, we agreed they were not sufficient enough to see some of the wires' locations).

Please, oh please, someone with one of these cables send me the pinout of both ends of each connector...

Thanks all!!!

~J

You could try googling it?

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

What do you mean by 'super long' ?

The current output by your motherboard to the ROG_EXT header is not a lot. Anything over 10-20ft will not let the signal reach your OC panel.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

You could try googling it?

That was actually the first thing I attempted, sadly there were no high quality images that I felt comfortable with...

What do you mean by 'super long' ?

The current output by your motherboard to the ROG_EXT header is not a lot. Anything over 10-20ft will not let the signal reach your OC panel.

Super long is about ~6ft. I believe that with the quality of cable I am using, the gauge, shielding and TPI, it will prove satisfactory.

That was actually the first thing I attempted, sadly there were no high quality images that I felt comfortable with...

Super long is about ~6ft. I believe that with the quality of cable I am using, the gauge, shielding and TPI, it will prove satisfactory.

Oh 6ft should be fine.

Have you seen these?

front-base-cable-q-connector-motherboard

index__21180.1380501336.1280.1280.jpg

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

In all honesty, I just need the pinout, if it does not work at the length I intend (~6ft), then I will just go down until it does, and drop about 10% off that for good measure. Have done low-voltage work for about five years I am confident in my assessment that this will work, and although I have gone a little overboard with the cable I am using, I am just lacking the full pinout of the unit... So if someone either knows where I can find it, or if someone is willing to take the requisite five minutes to write it down in their own way (I used W-White, B-Blue, K-Black, X-Empty, O-Orange, etc. etc.), any help here would be greatly appreciated. Unfortunately, with cancer and kidney failure, this could not have come at a worse time for me, I finally have nearly complete my 'dream rig', well, as close as I will ever get anyway... lol This is pretty much the last thing to have it mostly finished and satisfactory!

Thanks everyone!!! Take care.

~J

Thanks for the post! Unfortunately I can not see them side by side, and from that image I can only tell the pinout of one end... :-( The USB 3.0-style header is covered.

If it helps, I really ONLY need the USB 3.0-style connector that goes into the OC Panel. I still have the motherboard end of the connector intact.