How much is this GPU worth?

Go to solution Solved by I/O,

Sigh... I really hope you get banned...

Serenity now my friend serenity now. Take a deep breath and enjoy life ... It's a trip.

tell him not to be cheap.

also, linus put it really well.

The 5870 is not low end... Its mid range IMO.

So the 5870 for $70 is a steal?

Wouldn't say it's a steal but is a good buy for 70 bucks. For me with a brand new 970 and previously a 7870 a 5870 would be a waste for any price unless for free. For a guy with onboard graphics and poor then he could do allot worse than $70 dollars for an HD 5870 which will let him play any game he wants at decent framerates and image quality settings.

Wouldn't say it's a steal but is a good buy for 70 bucks. For me with a brand new 970 and previously a 7870 a 5870 would be a waste for any price unless for free. For a guy with onboard graphics and poor then he could do allot worse than $70 dollars for an HD 5870 which will let him play any game he wants at decent framerates and image quality settings.

Okay, so its a fair price. Also what LGA 775 CPU?

Okay, so its a fair price. Also what LGA 775 CPU?

LGA 775 this is so old Iwill have to call upon the ancient spirits and see what they say. They say LGA 775 is long dead.

LGA 775 this is so old Iwill have to call upon the ancient spirits and see what they say. They say LGA 775 is long dead.

LOL. Well I made a PC with a Q6600 and a 7870XT before. It turned out quite nice...

What do I need?

LOL. Well I made a PC with a Q6600 and a 7870XT before. It turned out quite nice...

What do I need?

Q6600 might work if you can find one that is and pray to the gods to allow you to OC it to oblivion LOL

What do I need?

get a Q6600 make sure it's a G0 (G ZERO) stepping those are the great overclockers i had one at 3.6ghz for over 4 years in my PC it was a good gaming CPU...an hyper 212 keep good temp on those for cheap...i was running an HD7950 on it playing BF4 on high/ultra...before that i had it paired with an HD5870 and i was running BF3 on high...it's a nice combo those are matched...they should run most modern games on medium at 1080p...high if you play lower resolution....yes the HD5870 is worth 70$...sure...the 5870 was the single GPU flagship of that generation for amd and it was a very impressive GPU.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Q6600 might work if you can find one that is and pray to the gods to allow you to OC it to oblivion LOL

His board is shit lol.

His board is shit lol.

LOL by the nines thank god for FleshLight !

Check on ebay how much they usually go for, p.s. half of my computer build is used (including GPU) and half of my other build was used, no hardware errors on either

person below me is a scrub

Sell that pice of trash and get GEFORCE 970 FTW !

Oh shut up, he said he's getting one for a friend, not for himself. And why the hell would you suggest that at that price point?

Oh shut up, he said he's getting one for a friend, not for himself.

What better gift than a 970 well 980 I guess but whatever.

Sigh... I really hope you get banned...

Serenity now my friend serenity now. Take a deep breath and enjoy life ... It's a trip.