HDD problems

pjct

I bought an additional drive for my computer so that I can save space on my "boot" ssd. The hard drive is recognized in the device manager section in windows, but I can't access it or find it through windows explorer. After testing it with a different pc, different sata cable and sata power I returned the drive because I thought it was broken. I recently received the new one, but the same issue occurs. I've already tried updating the drivers, which windows says are up to date. In the picture you can see that only my ssd is recognized and not my 500gb hard drive except while in device manager. Any solutions?

CrYw6ai.jpg?1

Try this, start then right click on computer manage. Go under disk management. Then it should pop up with a new drive is detected then format it and name it. If it doesn't popout go under actions more actions rescan disks. Then it should pop up.

Try this, start then right click on computer manage. Go under disk management. Then it should pop up with a new drive is detected then format it and name it. If it doesn't popout go under actions more actions rescan disks. Then it should pop up.

Looks like that worked. Thanks a ton.

Looks like that worked. Thanks a ton.

Great! your welcome