Logitech quietly releases a Cherry MX Blue version of their G710+ Keyboard

Not sure if anyone has posted about this yet so if this has already been mentioned, please just tell me and I'll remove the thread.

While checking out Logitech's newly unveiled  RGB mess of a keyboard in the G910 Orion Spark on their official page, I came across something else..

Apparently Logitech just decided to also release a Cherry MX Blue switch version of their only mechanical keyboard on the market: the G710+ with the quieter Cherry MX Browns. It's essentially the same keyboard with a few minor changes like the blue trim around the 6 programmable macro/G keys rather than the the orange trim found on the original G710+ and the removal of the O-rings found under the key caps used to dampen sound.

So here it is: the G710 (no plus)

http://gaming.logitech.com/en-ca/product/g710-mechanical-gaming-keyboard

g710-mechanical-gaming-keyboard.png

g710-mechanical-gaming-keyboard.jpg

g710-mechanical-gaming-keyboard.jpg

It's currently on preorder for an MSRP of $149.99 (the same as the original G710+)

still has orange leds for the macro settings at the top -.-

cmon logitech 

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

Atleast that horrible orange isnt there on the macros

Gaming Rig: i5-3570k+H100i (4.3 ghz) | P8Z77-i Deluxe | MSI Twin Frozr 7950 Boost | HX650 | 1TB HGST | 840 Evo 250 GB

ive been using a blue switched razer keyboard  for a while now

LOUD :/

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I love my G710+, although the orange trim is really annoying, this is a lot better

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

and I think this keyboard is one of very few to have a combination of Cherry MX Blues and a white backlight that isn't an RGB keyboard

switched from corsair k90 Red switches to Ducky shine 3 blue switches. i must admit, i really wanna try black and brown before making any decisions :/ all i know is im not a big fan of blue switches, and red switches were okay now that i've used blue.

if that makes sense