Canadian Government Revoking Freedom Fighter Passports

N3rot0xin

I know this isn't a very "worldly political" group of people, but I came across this article of news a bit ago and it peaked my interest. In short, if a Canadian citizen has left to join a foreign extremist group (eg. ISIS), said citizen is stranded in the foreign country and cannot return home, or to any other country. Its not a "if you go to the country you are banned from Canada" type of deal, however. The Citizenship and Immigration department must have evidence against the individual to execute the revocation. 

The government has begun invalidating the passports of Canadians who have left to join extremist groups in Syria and Iraq, Citizenship and Immigration Minister Chris Alexander revealed in an interview on Friday.

The minister told the National Post his department had also revoked the passports of several Canadians who had not yet left the country but who had intended to travel to the volatile region to enlist as foreign fighters.

He would not disclose the number of passports Citizenship and Immigration Canada had revoked over the conflict but said there were “multiple cases.” The government says about 30 Canadians are with extremist groups in Syria and 130 are active elsewhere.

“Yes, I think it’s safe to say that there are cases of revocation of passports involving people who’ve gone to Syria and Iraq already,” Mr. Alexander said. “I just don’t want to get into the numbers, but multiple cases.”

The minister said the department was making use of existing regulations that allow officials to revoke or deny a passport when there is evidence a Canadian intends to use it to travel abroad to commit crimes, in this case terrorism.

Source: National Post

I am whatever I am. 

Good. Serves them right.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Let them suffer the consequences of having been allowed to survive past the age of 12 due to the current absence of natural selection.

tumblr_mg8wiqMV2F1riokjwo1_400.gif

Let them suffer the consequences of having been allowed to survive past the age of 12 due to the current absence of natural selection.

great, you just killed everyone with epilepsy 

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

great, you just killed everyone with epilepsy 

photosensitive epilepsy, that is ;)

Maybe consider putting that in a spoiler with a warning? :P

Maybe consider putting that in a spoiler with a warning? :P

Done.

there doing the same thing in Australia, ISIS seems to be getting alot of support from young extremist in the western world

its that whole fear leads into hate thing

Its all about those volumetric clouds

It's sad to see these young people getting mindjacked/mindfracked by total and complete arseholes into joining extremists groups.  It also highlights a failure on our part (friends, family & society) to both protect them from these evils and notice them falling into despair.  Though I think revoking their citizenship is the correct thing to do; I hope there is also an in depth investigation into their lives/contacts prior to them leaving, in hopes of finding the recruiters.

Relevant:

*Sensationalist

They'd have to get into North America first.  Canada and the US have the longest undefended boarder in the world for a few reasons.  Besides, anyone with half a brain would save themselves the money of having to rent a boat and just walk through some farmers fields in the middle of the prairies.

*Sensationalist

They'd have to get into North America first.  Canada and the US have the longest undefended boarder in the world for a few reasons.  Besides, anyone with half a brain would save themselves the money of having to rent a boat and just walk through some farmers fields in the middle of the prairies.

Some British people are joining ISIS. The British do not need a passport to get into Canada.

Some British people are joining ISIS. The British do not need a passport to get into Canada.

Passport is required, visas are not.

Canada choosing to accept British passports that have expired by up to 12 months, is not the same thing as not having one.  Second there are checks being done while people are on their 6hour transatlantic flight and before departure by both the UK and Canada.  The "journalist" here is confusing governments that work together with people sitting on their hands.