My new PC sucks, any ideas why ?

So, seeing as my PC literally got struck by lightning and died, i thought it was a good time to jump into the deep end and built a gaming PC myself.

But, for some reason it's running like crap, it works fine and all, but the in-game performance is severely lacking, like World of Tanks on minimum settings, Watch_Dogs on medium, that sorta performance. 

And i don't understand, cause it's more powerful in every way than the previous computer, and it performed better. (Can't remember all the specs, but it had a Nvidia 760 card, 16 gigs of ram, and i think 3,5 Ghz CPU)

So, any good suggestions as too how i can improve the performance ? 

The parts inside is as follows:

Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB BK OEM Basic KIT, 540/520MB/s read/write, Samsung MEX controller  

Seagate® Desktop SSHD 1TB  

MSI 970 GAMING, Socket-AM3+

AMD FX-8350 Black Edition (Overclocked and running at 4,20 Ghz)

XFX Radeon R9 280X 3GB GDDR5

Corsair H100i Hydro CPU Cooler

Crucial DDR3 BallistiX Elite 1866Mhz 8GB x 2

Samsung DVD Writer, SH-224DB

Cooler Master V700, 700W PSU

Microsoft Windows 8.1 Dansk, 64-bit, OEM

Drivers? What CPU cooler are you using?

Case: Corsair Carbdie 330R Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P Asus Z97-A CPU: AMD FX-6300 i5 4690K 3.5 GHZ + 212 EVO GPU: ASUS GTX 760 DirectCUII Ram: Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb (2x4gb) HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M
Monitor: AOC Q2963pm 29'' 21:9 IPS Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Mousepad: Mionix Sargas 320 Headset: HyperX Cloud Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 RGBIKEA Headset/Headphone Holder

it may be a problem with the power suply, when i built my computer i didn't plug que power suply right to the mother board so it worked, but i was having some horrible performance.

try checking all the conections inside the computer

The best way to measure the quality of a piece of code is "Oh F*** "s per line

Drivers? What CPU cooler are you using?

I did install all drivers, (the ones included in the packages respectively), but i must admit, i didn't think about them possibly being waaaay out of date. 

I'm using a Corsair H100i water cooler, and according to my bios, my CPU doesn't go above 30 degrees, so that's nice :)

The magical world of drivers...

P.S. That rig is amazing

Thanks :) Forgot too mention the case, a Nanoxia Deep Silence 1, it's gorgeous :D 

I did install all drivers, (the ones included in the packages respectively), but i must admit, i didn't think about them possibly being waaaay out of date. 

I'm using a Corsair H100i water cooler, and according to my bios, my CPU doesn't go above 30 degrees, so that's nice :)

Thanks :) Forgot too mention the case, a Nanoxia Deep Silence 1, it's gorgeous :D

It seems to be a GPU problem then. Download Raptr (or whatever it's called) to see if your AMD drivers are up to date.

You'll need to get the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website, the ones included on disks with the product are usually out of date.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

Your build looks fine statswish but I could, as some others already pointed out, the drivers you should try updating you MoBo drivers and If you haved done it already use the latest GPU Drivers.

If you already did all of this and it still does not work properly you should try isolating some components they might not be working properly

Spoiler

CPU: R7 5800x -- Mobo: Gigabyte B550 Gaming X v2 -- RAM: 2x16GB Kingston Fury Renegade -- GPU: Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming OC -- Case: Fractal Design North Walnut/Black Mesh -- Storage: 2TB 970 Evo Plus, 4TB NM790 -- PSU: BeQuiet Pure Power 11 Platinum 650w -- Displays: AOC AGON  AG352UCG, Dell Ultrasharp U2715H -- Cooling: Noctua NH-D14 -- Mouse: Corsair M65 -- Keyboard: Func KB 460 MX Blue -- Sound: Motu M2 -> THX 789 -> DT880 600Ω -- Mic: RØDE NT1-A

Spoiler

RIG 2: Intel i5-8400, 16 GB RAM, RTX 2070S

Spoiler

I did install all drivers, (the ones included in the packages respectively)

WAT

go to amd's website and please download the drivers from there ^^

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

And do use surge protection this time!

Yeah, when the thunderstorm closed in i unplugged the PC completely from the outlet, however, the surge jumped directly from the nearby radiator and into the PC, bypassing my little surge protection :(

The neighbor next door (same house) lost a TV, Apple TV box and a PS4.

Yeah, when the thunderstorm closed in i unplugged the PC completely from the outlet, however, the surge jumped directly from the nearby radiator and into the PC, bypassing my little surge protection :(

The neighbor next door (same house) lost a TV, Apple TV box and a PS4.

You should earth your house. That sounds dangerous.

You know, modern AMD processors try to stay within their TDP even if you OC them, unless you turn off APM. You may want to try that. It probably doesn't fully account for the performance deficit, but it's the only thing I could think of that wasn't already mentioned. Do update to the most recent drivers first though.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

That is really a sweet computer. I think you installed the drivers that came with the CD in the box (...). Go to their website and download the latest drivers. Check again. Also, check Windows Event Viewer for any possible errors in Windows itself, and open Task Manager to see CPU usage, GPU usage, RAM usage, the lot. 

My build: tis be ordered

That is really a sweet computer. I think you installed the drivers that came with the CD in the box (...). Go to their website and download the latest drivers. Check again. Also, check Windows Event Viewer for any possible errors in Windows itself, and open Task Manager to see CPU usage, GPU usage, RAM usage, the lot. 

Looking at the task manager, with Spotify running, i'm using 4 % CPU power, 12 % memory and 0-1 % storage.

I've installed the GPU driver from AMD's website, and that update alone made it go from minimum to high settings, so a clear improvement :)

You should earth your house. That sounds dangerous.

It's supposed to be, we have HPFI relays by law in all buildings, but somehow, the current bypassed it. 

My girlfriend and i sat in the bedroom (computer room aswell) and despite nothing being plugged in, we hear a very loud fitzz sound, i immediately knew that was the end of it. 

Fortunately everything else survived, so screen speakers, woofer, everything else lived. 

You may have a virus. Maybe a clean reinstall of Windows may help?

Cpu: Intel i5- 4570 | Ram: Crucial DDR3 8GB | Video Card: Evega GTX 660 Ti 2GB Super Clocked

Monitor: Philips 24" | Keyboard: CM Storm Quickfire TK | Mouse: Logitech G700s |

Steam

Maybe try and reduce your overclock(or just simply put it back to stock). Since overclocking might reduce the stability of your system and it might not improve your game play. 

Maybe try and reduce your overclock(or just simply put it back to stock). Since overclocking might reduce the stability of your system and it might not improve your game play. 

So i turned off OC Genie and set the DRAM frequency too auto, and boom, vast improvement ! 

I've also updated the GPU driver from AMD's wepsite and the network drivers.

I'm having a hard time however finding the remaining drivers,

Now it runs WoT on max settings, almost perfectly smooth.

So i turned off OC Genie and set the DRAM frequency too auto, and boom, vast improvement !

I've also updated the GPU driver from AMD's wepsite and the network drivers.

I'm having a hard time however finding the remaining drivers,

Now it runs WoT on max settings, almost perfectly smooth.

You can find drivers on the motherboard manufacturer's website

Make sure all of your drivers are up to date it will make a huge difference if they are not

if you just used the disk's that came with it it is most deffintly out of date

• 2 weeks later...

Right, so i've had a tech friend on Facebook and Teamviewer, and the drivers are all updated and running. 

However, the CPU and RAM is still underperforming, is it a BIOS thing maybe ?

I'm fresh outta ideas, included PC benchmark test. 

post-142631-0-32832900-1412191223_thumb.

Board? Also make sure you plugged the monitor into the graphic card and not the motherboard

Part of the Q6600 club

Board? Also make sure you plugged the monitor into the graphic card and not the motherboard

Well.... It seems i'm a massive idiot... 

There's a "slow boot" button on the motherboard, it was toggled on. 

Thanks everybody for your help and support, it was really appreciated, and i got fresh drivers all around :)

post-142631-0-88779700-1412417973_thumb.