These Break in a Very Interesting Fashion...

RelentlessAF

So I couldn't really think of what to do with my old iPhone 4, I was trying to give it away but no one wanted it. Anyways I decided to break it, just because. I know it's bad for the environment but I cleaned up afterwards. Anyway I noticed that they break very interestingly and honestly look a lot better than their intact counterparts. Pics below! (I have no idea why but my OPO takes ridiculously high quality photos at a 4K resolution so these had to be reprocessed to look worse so they could be uploaded).

Things to note:

- The glass shattered outward from the back to the front but stayed together. (Sort of like a cars windsheild)

- The side of the device got really hot. (I'm assuming from the impact of the hammer on the Lithium battery.)

- I have no idea where to dispose of this now.

post-56178-0-30020300-1411057898_thumb.j

post-56178-0-24315000-1411057909_thumb.j

there is nothing better than a broken apple product

CPU: AMD FX-8120 | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 30 | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 | Memory: Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 | Storage: WD 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 | Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I | PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W

Are you dumb? The iPhone 4 is a perfectly capable phone...

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

inb4 hate

This is some dumb shit you just did, could have sold it, given it to someone who doesn't have a smartphone etc

It's your phone and you can do WTF ever you want but I'll always think you're a douche.

Someone show me the interesting part!

img-1406-sherlock.gif

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

honestly look a lot better than their intact counterparts.

Shots fired.

I don't really approve of this, Someone could have used it, but as long as you recycled it I'll let it go.

"PSU brands are meaningless, look up the OEM."

Keeping it as a backup would have been a stupid thing to do, or even selling it..

/s

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

there is nothing better than a broken apple product

Agreed

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

inb4 hate

This is some dumb shit you just did, could have sold it, given it to someone who doesn't have a smartphone etc

It's your phone and you can do WTF ever you want but I'll always think you're a douche.

I don't know anyone who doesn't have a smartphone, it was also pretty banged up to begin with and probably would not have sold to anyone.

Keeping it as a backup would have been a stupid thing to do, or even selling it..

/s

It was a backup, but I don't need it, I could get another phone if I needed to from my phone Carrier :P

Dispose of them in the nearest water source, preferably a wildlife refuge.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

It was a backup, but I don't need it, I could get another phone if I needed to from my phone Carrier :P

As long as you used a hammer to destroy it, it's okay.

6bK6x0u.gif

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

Why didn't you use a Nuclear weapon? I hear Scotland maybe getting rid of theirs after today. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

- The glass shattered outward from the back to the front but stayed together. (Sort of like a cars windsheild)

I assume that's because the glass on iPhone 4 and newer is glued to the screen and the digitizer.

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

Why didn't you try to resell it on ebay or something?

Apple fanboys are willing to spend a lot of money for their used junk.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

You could've asked someone on the forums to dispose it for you...

Man.. what a waste of a good (good as in working) phone...

I have an iPhone 4. It's still in pretty new condition. It's my only smartphone but I love it. Would not break it at all. The only way it would break would be by accident...but not accidentally on purpose ;). That was still a bit of a waste though IMHO. :(

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Why didn't you try to resell it on ebay or something?

Apple fanboys are willing to spend a lot of money for their used junk.

It was pretty broken to begin with.