Budget aside, what SSDs do you recommend for RAID 0, for OS, software and games?

Unclescar

I've already got my HDD situation figured out, so now I'm stuck on SSD options.

I plan on doing two drives in RAID 0 since I prefer one larger drive for all my software, games included, and there aren't many options for large SSDs.

I understand that RAID 0 isn't perfectly stable, but thats okay because none of my files will be saved to it, only software that I can easily put back on in a timely matter should any issue arise. I also have never had an issue with a RAID drive before, though I do accept that the possibility is there.

Right now I've got two Intel 730 480Gb SSDs written down on my list, but I don't know much of the difference between different brands and their individual technologies.

I had originally planned a single Samsung 840 EVO 1Tb, or two 500Gb in RAID 0. I had a good experience with the 840 EVOs before using a 240Gb OS drive, but since there is news of that being a bad idea I kinda leaned away from that and the Intel option seemed to fill the gap.

Anyway, in a hobby/pre-professional workstation environment, if you were offered two SSDs of your choice for free, which would you choose and why?

more space preferred, I've got a lot of software to put on them. ;)

Either Intel 730s or 840/850 Pros from Samsung.

Can't think of anything else. Great recommendations IMHO

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Kingston hyper x 3k.

I have 3 older OCZ Agility 3 60 GB drives, 2 !20 GB Samsung 840s, and a 240 GB Samsung 840.

All work fantastic.

I like the specs and reviews of the Hyper X 3k though

01010010 01101111 01100010  01001101 01100001 01100011 01010010 01100001 01100101

Intel 730 are the best drives for raid.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

+1 intel 730, but I wouldnt use a raid config for your OS.  It will make it slower for booting.

CPU: i7 4770K 4.2Ghz, Mobo: Asrock Fatal1ty Z97x Killer, GFX: EVGA GTX 780 Ti SC ACX (x2 SLI), RAM: G.Skill 1600Mhz CAS 9 16GB, DSK Intel 530 120GB OS, Crucial M500 120GB, WD 1TB Blue, WD 1TB Green, PSU: Corsair AX1200i, Case: Obsidian 750D. 

SERVER HP ProLiant Microserver N54L, FreeNAS: ZFS, 8TB (4x 2TB WD Red), RAID Z2, 16GB ECC RAM, 1Gb/s Link Aggregated:  Running as NAS, Plex, & ownCloud

I had a good experience with the 840 EVOs before using a 240Gb OS drive, but since there is news of that being a bad idea I kinda leaned away from that and the Intel option seemed to fill the gap.

What news is this? Also, if you've had a good experience and it works for you, why drop it?

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.