Internet Explorer (IE) crashes every time I try to uninstall programme

Hello,

I have searched the internet high and low for a solution, and as an avid viewer of Linus's two channels I thought I'd try and turn for help here.

Recently (two months max), after opening control panel and heading to uninstall unwanted program, WE crashes, says "searching for a solution" doesn't find one and doesn't restart. Many advice forums relating to WE crashing on CP advise to turn of windows features, windows update etc, starting in safe mode, disabling addons.

NOTHING WORKS

Im currently running WE 10, windows 7, on my home build. I suspected a driver issue at start, but that didn't explain why WE ran perfectly fine in other area on the CP. I'm sure i'm not the only on suffering.

Please help guys! I welcome any questions regarding the matter, I hope this isn't something for the next-to-useless windows forums.

Danny

(Sorry, I know the title says IE but I actually mean Windows Explorer)

Perhaps try to reinstall IE?

Or get an actually good browser like Firefox or Chrome ^^

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

Not to sound unhelpful, but you should try Chrome. I used to use IE 10 for years and never knew what I was missing until I made the switch.

So trying to unistall programs crashes Internet Explorer?

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume you meant Windows Explorer. Correct? If not, this makes no sense to me.

Sarah Jessica Parker

there are some good software uninstallers out there.. Revo uninstaller maybe?

Not to sound unhelpful, but you should try Chrome. I used to use IE 10 for years and never knew what I was missing until I made the switch.

I swear IE10 hasn't been out for a year yet :P

But it sounds like a really strange issue. Try something like Revo Uninstaller, or even something like CCleaner has an unstallation feature. What were you trying to uninstall?

HTTP/2 203

I swear IE10 hasn't been out for a year yet :P

But it sounds like a really strange issue. Try something like Revo Uninstaller, or even something like CCleaner has an unstallation feature. What were you trying to uninstall?

I meant IE,  :P But I've been using IE 10 ever since the Windows 8 Developer Preview.

So trying to unistall programs crashes Internet Explorer?

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume you meant Windows Explorer. Correct? If not, this makes no sense to me.

YES! Yes I do, whoops, this would probably make the question a lot easier to understand!

Sorry guys

I wasn't trying to uninstall anything particular, just going onto the program list crashes WE