What's your daily driver (phone) and your experience with it?

What is your most recent phone that you've purchased/ acquired e.g via Contract upgrade? Compare that to previous devices that you have owned. I'm curious to know as I was messed around by my carrier/ service provider when trying to get an upgrade so I didn't bother and now I kind of want to get a new one.

My Samsung Galaxy Ace is still running. It's 2 years old and it's funny that i'm running into storage space problems, 2 years ago i never thought i could fill a phone with stuff :D

And beeing stuck with gingerbread sucks ass. Next phone will be a Nexus or ONE/S4 with stock android if i can get one in germany.

Galaxy Note 2.  Can never go back to a smaller phone again.  Everything feels like a toy in my hands now.  My last smart phone was the HTC Evo 4G, biggest phone in the us when it came out, and loved it.  But when I was able to upgrade I wanted the Note 2 because I liked the way it fit my hand and THE SIZE OF IT made it even better.

I used to use a droid 2 global, had cyanogen mod 7 and 9 both with some degree of camera issues, then i had galnet which fixed a variety of issues.

Then i upgraded to a Nexus 4, stock vanilla android and it runs smooth as can be. Androids awesome, you just need to find the right phone.

Also i purchased the droid off of local kijiji and then the Nexus 4 straight from google. Both are good options, dont get into

a longer contract then you have to, you never know when a decent company like Wind mobile comes along with

$40 plans with unlimited internet phone and text.

Oh and the hardest thing to get working is MMS for android when you dont have a carrier specific phone, lots of help online though.

Cheers.

CPU: AMD FX-8350 - Noctua NH-D14 | Asus Crosshair V Formula | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Plextor M5P Extreme 256GB SSD

GPU - Asus AMD Radeon 6950 Direct CU II 2GB |

Seasonic 1000 W Platinum | Cooler Master 690 ii Advanced | Asus VE248H + VE248Q

My Samsung Galaxy Ace is still running. It's 2 years old and it's funny that i'm running into storage space problems, 2 years ago i never thought i could fill a phone with stuff :D

And beeing stuck with gingerbread sucks ass. Next phone will be a Nexus or ONE/S4 with stock android if i can get one in germany.

I found the same thing with my Galaxy Note 10.1,  I've only had it since christmas and I have little space left on it for apps and other stuff. It's touchwiz (the skin) taking up the majority of the space.  :lol:​   I'm tempted to get the Nexus 4 aswell it's cheap, cheerful and a powerful phone in Britain at least. A 16GB version is £279, less than my tablet... 

Galaxy Note 2.  Can never go back to a smaller phone again.  Everything feels like a toy in my hands now.  My last smart phone was the HTC Evo 4G, biggest phone in the us when it came out, and loved it.  But when I was able to upgrade I wanted the Note 2 because I liked the way it fit my hand and THE SIZE OF IT made it even better.

It's funny how that works, my Galaxy Note 10.1 is well... 10 inches big and my brother has a 7" tablet, with mine I find myself using one hand sometimes and when I use my brothers in Portrait I can pretty much hold it in my hand without stretching my fingers.  :lol:

Galaxy note 2 is my current phone, had it since launch. Had the note before that. I kind of want to get the HTC one but its just to small (same with the S4) so will probably wait until the note 3.

HTC One as my personal device. I love this thing. 

My company also gives us iPhone 5's currently and that is my work line. It is nice too and does what I need it too with a great experience, but it is not customizable or anything.

• 1 month later...

iPhone 5 with ios 7. Not as bad as I thought but it does take some getting used too. Not really the change I was hoping for with ios. Hopefully they change the look a little more before the public release.

ios-6-ios-7_.jpg

My Build - Cpu: Intel i7 4770K @ 4.0Ghz Case: Phanteks Evolv ITX | Motherbord: ASUS Maximus VI ImpactRam: 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro
Video Card: EVGA GTX 760 | Power Supply: Corsair AX760 | Monitors: Dell P2210 | Keyboard: Logitech k270 | Mouse: Logitech M185

I'm with my first phone (iPhone 3GS) and my experience with it was nice until I got to iOS6 since it was very slow (had this issue with 5 but just had to restore the phone). Except of being slow right now, I really enjoyed it. Everyone says iOS sucks but there never was anything to hugely complain about (that's for my case, I'll see what I could've complained when I get my HTC One). The phone itself was good until iPhone 5 was revealed since a phone prehistoric like mine made no sense.

CPU: A10-5800K, GPU: 7660D, RAM: Corsair XMS3 2x 4GB 1600Mhz, PSU: Rosewill Stallion series RD500-2SB 500W, Motherboard: MSI FM2-A75MA-E35, HDD: WD 10EZEX 1TB Blue, Case: Rosewill Line-M mAtx

This. I love my Note 2 as well, mainly due to the extremely long battery life (by today's smartphone standards)

I need more SSDs.

iPhone 5 with ios 7. Not as bad as I thought but it does take some getting used too. Not really the change I was hoping for with ios. Hopefully they change the look a little more before the public release.

does your iphone get really hot running ios 7? i don't know because when i was running iOS 7 it would get extremely hot just watching youtube videos... had to downgrade to iOS 6.1.4 because i wasn't comfortable with the heat. also battery life was horrible on ios 7 for me

does your iphone get really hot running ios 7? i don't know because when i was running iOS 7 it would get extremely hot just watching youtube videos... had to downgrade to iOS 6.1.4 because i wasn't comfortable with the heat. also battery life was horrible on ios 7 for me

Were you running ios 7 beta 3? I haven't experienced any of the problems you described, but if I had I would have done the same as you and downgraded. So far ios 7 is pretty good. Only a few things don't yet or crash, but hey it's a beta. Really hoping they change the color scheme a little more before the final release.

My Build - Cpu: Intel i7 4770K @ 4.0Ghz Case: Phanteks Evolv ITX | Motherbord: ASUS Maximus VI ImpactRam: 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro
Video Card: EVGA GTX 760 | Power Supply: Corsair AX760 | Monitors: Dell P2210 | Keyboard: Logitech k270 | Mouse: Logitech M185

Motorola Razr. Dont like it but got it for free so...

BLAOW!!!!

I have the razr maxx. I'm loving it. I can't stand worrying about my battery and with the 3300mah allows me to run it for long periods of time on LTE without charging. Amazing

I have the Nexus 4 and i love it, Android is amazing as you can customize everything and get it to how you want it. I can just wake my phone and see everything i dont even need to unlock my phone.

The only problem is my battery life is horrible just about get threw a day. 

My Build  CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955@4.1@Ghz Mobo: Asus M5A99x Evo R2.0 GPU: Asus 7870T @1.25GHz Core 5.5GHz Mem Ram: Kingston HyperX@ 1600 9-9-9-24 CPU Cooler: H80 Push/Pull Noctua NF-P12  SSD: Samsung 128GB 840 PRO HDD: Mix of drives which add up to 5.6TB SoundCard: Asus xonar DGX PSU: Corsair HX650 + alchemy cables Case: R3 with the rest of the fans being fractel fans.

Im A Snake.....

Got the HTC One X+ recently. Was contemplating the HTC One but it was almost twice the price and I figured I'd prefer having a 'menu' button and Sense 4 over what the One offers. Good choice, a Menu button is needed IMO, I use it all the time. Really like it so far. Haven't had a need to root it, though I probably will for the sake of it once warranty has expired.

Before that was a Samsung S2 which I didn't like at all, it made me not want to use my phone. I much prefer Sense over TouchWiz. The phone felt pretty cheap too. It was plenty fast enough and the screen size was fine but it just bugged me that much I needed to upgrade.

Before that was a HTC Desire (rooted and flashed) but it was just too slow and the screen size too small and it was that old the battery was pretty degraded, which was why I upgraded.

Galaxy S3 running Paranoid Android. Love it.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

My current phone is BB Z10 (hate on me all you want).  Upgraded on contract a few months ago from an iphone 3gs.  Obvious performance boost aside, the Z10 is excellent.  BB 10 is a very strong OS and more fluid than iOS.  It isn't the phone for everyone, but it works for me as I don't do much other than calls, texts, emails, social, navigation and media consumption.

EDIT: would anyone be interested in a review of the z10 even though Slick pretty much covered it?

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

Running an International SIII (i9300), Cyanogenmod 10.1, temasek kernel, at 1.6ghz.

Love CM over touchwiz, and it been quite good.

I still have trouble getting over the plasticky feel, and the screen is not too bright, which may make it hard to see on outdoors

I am using an S4 with stock Android, awesome phone, it was an upgrade from an S3 (my sis-in-law is taking over my S3 from an iPhone 4 I believe). Anyway, hoping that the S4 supports 128GB mSD card as my 64GB mSD card has only 6GB of space left. I load the mSD card with loads of MP4 720P movies and MP3's......64GB's just not cutting it for me.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

4S with ios 7.

It's okay, but I keep looking at some of these new phones coming out.