Phanteks are back with the new Enthoo Evolv: I dont like it

brownninja97

This is either genius or the stupidest thing ever. :D (about rear optical bay)

Yeah, pretty much. My only concern is if the corner of the drive is visible through the window. I'd hate for Phanteks to overlook something like that. We shall see in HWC's upcoming unboxing.

That front panel... WTF PHANTEK?! God fire the designer...

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

This case was praised a lot a few months back when it was announced. Now, in this thread the OP doesn't like it(which is fine, his opinion) and suddenly a lot of people find it ugly. Mmm... I'm really considering the idea that @brownninja97 has a cult here haha  :P

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

This case was praised a lot a few months back when it was announced. Now, in this thread the OP doesn't like it(which is fine, his opinion) and suddenly a lot of people find it ugly. Mmm... I'm really considering the idea that @brownninja97 has a cult here haha  :P

yes i do, today the forum, tomorrow we shall raid the nvidia headquarters to get their gtx titan multicoloured

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I want this in full atx.

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

I want this in full atx.

Exactly. The thing is tall enough to support it, if someone wanted to mod it.

Exactly. The thing is tall enough to support it, if someone wanted to mod it.

That would be such a gorgeous build. I would get a real glass panel to complete it. 

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

Hey look, a case with side panels that aren't pathetically flimsy. Corsair, watch and learn.

Also, dafuq is with the OP not even doing his research. The Evolv preview video has been out for like 3 months. It details things like the GPU clearance. Things you said you didn't know. Nice job.

There is a 5.25" bay, although O15 already acknowledged that.

The front 200mm fan is not thin, as Phanteks almost certainly used their current 200x25mm fan rather than developing a thin 200mm fan just for this case.

We don't yet have reason to worry about the side panel hinges. This is Phanteks, not Corsair.

The 5 year warranty exists because Phanteks believes in the quality of their product. Something Corsair should consider. Except they don't believe in the quality of their products, because the quality is shit.

You can fit 3 HDDs, but it's worth pointing out 2 of them are in the removable HDD cage, and one is "Drop'n'Lock".

A 200mm fan and a 140mm fan included is perfectly fine for this case. Airflow is another issue, due to the restrictive front panel.

The fuck is with people talking about Phanteks declining in quality or value already?

Just because you don't like the aesthetics doesn't mean it's a bad case.

System:  Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo (white) | Motherboard: ASUS X99 Deluxe | CPU: i7 5820k @ 4.4 GHz | GPU: 2x EVGA 780TI Classified K|ngp|n Edition in SLI | PSU: EVGA 1300W G2 + white cable sleeve set | SSD: 3x Samsung 840 EVO (250GB (boot) + 2x 500GB in Raid 0) RAM: Panram Ninja white DDR4 32GB @ 2400 MHz Cooling: Custom loop feat. EK (blocks for CPU + GPUs) / XSPC (Pump-Res-Combo + 2 radiators (480 + 360)) / Bitspower (fittings) | opt. drive: ASUS BluRay Combo | LED strips + controller: Phobya | Fans: Corsair (AF+SP) / Noiseblocker | OS: Windows 8.1 64bit | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: ASUS ROG GX1000 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia Elite | Monitor: Asus PB278Q + QNIX QX2710 (both 27'' / 1440p) | Printer: Samsung CLP-365W

Scores (max settings):  Firestrike: 12841 (single) - 21011 (SLI) | Firestrike extreme: 6338 (single) - 11314 (SLI) | Heaven 4.0 1080p: 1881 (single) - 3379 (SLI) | Heaven 4.0 1440p: 1182 (single) - 2197 (SLI) | Valley 1.0 1080p: 3358 (single) - 4759 (SLI) | Valley 1.0 1440p: 2118 (single) - 3672 (SLI)

The fuck is with people talking about Phanteks declining in quality or value already?

That... is a mystery, I didn't find the logic behind that either.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

I want my Mini XL goddamnit..... so sexy

Looks expensive, but I like the dual system idea. Have a media server and gaming rig all together

The Grey Squirrel

CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.8GHz - CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 - Motherboard: ASUS Z170-E - GPU:  ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL

Case: Inwin 303 - RAM: 4x8GB Corsair LPX Storage: 2x Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W

Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired / Bungee Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red Headphone: Sony MDR- 1R

Microphone:  Blue Yeti - Webcam: Logitech C920 - Monitors: 3x Dell S2415H 

for $140? over my dead fuckin body phanteks.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Looks expensive, but I like the dual system idea. Have a media server and gaming rig all together

I'm more interested in it for looks and cooling abilities. Although a dual system is nice, I think of it more as a really really nice mATX case more than anything.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

its just a case with a giant forehead

:(

paris_Dscf2575.jpgphanteks_evolv_release_date_pricing_size

I like everything but the front. The front is okish then again I'm the guy with a NZXT Phanton in Red.

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

I don't understand why so many people are saying this is ugly, yet things like the Luxe are good. The luxe looks ugly to me, as if the parts weren't put together properly and the plastic exterior makes it look poorly built too. This on the other hand, is sexy as all hell. Solid metal construction, nice clean lines and still rather minimalistic styling.
Oh, and with the fans thing, the product overview of it on YouTube seems to show support for 5 fans, multiple rads and all sorts of cool configs.

CPU- 4690k @4.5ghz / 1.3v    Mobo- Asus Maximus VI Gene   RAM- 12GB GSkill Assorted 1600mhz   GPU- ASUS GTX 760 DCUII-OC 

Storage- 1TB 7200rpm WD Blue + Kingston SSDNow 240GB   PSU- Silverstone Strider ST75F-P

I love the case design and am seriously considering it for a watercooled rig once skylake comes out.

i7 4770K @ 4.5GHZ, NH-D14, Kingston HyperX Black 8GB, Asus Z87-A, Fractal Design XL R2, MSI TF IV R9 280x, BTFNX 550G

I like it, more then the previous cases. But 780t.... :wub:

@CreepersCrawlers

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

1. The Luxe doesn't have a plastic exterior.

2. @Swndlr The Luxe is $150/$160, and their first case, the Primo, was $250. Only one of their cases was less than $140, and that had plastic front and top panels. Have you seen how thick the side panels are on the Evolv? That's Aluminium. Not Corsair-style either (plastic with thin aluminium sheet), but proper aluminium.

Hey look, a case with side panels that aren't pathetically flimsy. Corsair, watch and learn.

Also, dafu

Sorry for any wrong information, im doing notes based on what i found, i spend around an hour finding good sources and then i read all the content twice, then i write everything up in word and finally this site, its been a pretty robust tactic so far. Yes this thread may not have been my best and im sorry for that. Remember i dont get paid for this, im not gonna spend more time then i currently do on threads, i dont have the time.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

how can it have a double chin and a double forehead  its so ugly its scary

And a boring rectangle that belongs in the office isn't? lol