Are non Maintenance water coolers safe?

Hello everyone im new here and new to PC building now im in the process of building my  very first PC heres the specs

Intel i7 5820k
gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 Mother Board
ADATA XPG Z1 8gb DDR4 Ram 2133
Corsair C70 mid tower
GTX 980 (when Released)
samsung 840 evo 250gb ssd
western digital 1tb hdd

and I was interested in water cooling with one of corsairs liquid coolers maybe the H70 but I'm worried that it will leak and ruin my components. Do the corsair water coolers fail often and if they do are your parts covered by corsair or is it if they leak your screwed?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX GPU: AMD RX 6800M RAM: 16GB  SSD: 500GB NVME 

Leak? No. Pump failure? sometimes.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

They don't fail very often. I have a H60 and it's rock solid. If they leak, Corsair has good service.

Only several years ago they had an issue with their rads leaking.

If it leaks don't expect a damn thing but it won't leak. 

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

They don't fail very often. I have a H60 and it's rock solid. If they leak, Corsair has good service.

Only several years ago they had an issue with their rads leaking.

Only several years ago they had an issue with their rads leaking

I really want it but I dont want to risk anything because this build is not cheap if i go aire cooling I want the cooler master hyper 212 evo (long name lol ) but its really big and looks like it will take up a lot of room

Hello everyone im new here and new to PC building now im in the process of building my  very first PC heres the specs

Intel i7 5820k

gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 Mother Board

ADATA XPG Z1 8gb DDR4 Ram 2133

Corsair C70 mid tower

GTX 980 (when Released)

samsung 840 evo 250gb ssd

western digital 1tb hdd

and I was interested in water cooling with one of corsairs liquid coolers maybe the H70 but I'm worried that it will leak and ruin my components. Do the corsair water coolers fail often and if they do are your parts covered by corsair or is it if they leak your screwed?

There have been instances of AIOs leaking but it is rare, pump failure is less rare and happens on the earlier Corsair AIO coolers quiet often, it may not be right away but like two or three months of use and some people complain of a pump noise. The NZXT's coolers seem to be less prone to these problems.

On the issue of warranty of you products, i would contact Corsair for a sure yes or no answer.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

My previous rig has a Corsair H50 circa 2009 and it's still running strong. PC on nearly 24/7 as well.

I've got a H110 and a Kraken x60, I can safely say the NZXT AIO's are strong.

The x60 has been mounted, removed, carried around by a 2yo, dropped and is now currently cooling my GTX780ti Matrix with no leaks or pump noise.

So I'd say its be strenuously tested and proved to be reliable. :D

Hi there, magicammo,

Your build looks great. The processor and the mobo should work well together. Fine for OC too. However, you'll definitely need a good cooler. I've checked the compatibility of your build with a Corsair H75 on pcpartpicker (H70 wasn't listed there as an option) and it should be fine. The cooler comes with a five-year limited warranty. According to the reviews I've seen, with its help you could easily overclock the latest generations Core i7 processors as long as you do not pass 1.2 Volts on the CPU. As far as I know, Corsair handles everything case by case. Normally, in the case that a cooler is to leak onto your computer's components, after investigations, documentation, etc., if it is determined that the cooler was the cause of the component or module failure, the company should be willing to warranty your PC's components and replace them.

A minor note on the storage: I saw that you are considering a 1TB WD drive. Have you thought about which line of HDD you'll take? The standard one is the Blue, but for gaming I'd recommend the Black http://www.wdc.com/en/products/products.aspx?id=760 , due to its performance.

I hope this helps.

Titania_WD

I got my Corsair H105 240mm used and havent had a problem. It was cooling my AMD FX9590 great for the money. Its thicker than most AIO on the market. Its performance is close to a thin 280mm cooler.

Corsair 750D | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | FX 9590 | Kingston HyperX 16GB@1866MHz | MSI R9 290X Lightning | Seasonic 1050W Platinum | 2x WD 3TB Green HDD | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD | Crucial 512GB SSD 

Alphacool XT45 360mm | Alphacool Monsta 280mm | Silverstone AP121 | Silverstone AP141 | EK Supremacy Elite | EK ASUS C5F-Z | EK R9-290X Lightning | EK 3/8-1/2 Nickel | XSPC D5 Acrylic Tank | Primochill 3/8-1/2 

I would consult a warranty if you are concerned with the what-ifs of an AIO leaking.  I wouldn't be surprised if their policy is caveat emptor, to be honest.  A quick browse of Corsair's Warranty FAQ lists a 5 year warranty against defects on their hydro coolers.  However the documentation on what that warranty covers is sparse and a look at the specific warranty FAQ for the 100i only mentions opening a ticket for warranty service/RMAs.

This policy is not very transparent, and it suggests any damage to components will be outright refused, or taken on a case-by-case basis.  I couldn't find a good warranty guide specific to their AIO water coolers on their website, so I'd suggest emailing them or perhaps a Corsair rep would like to join in and answer in more detail.

NZXT's warranty is 6 years for their coolers, and in their warranty information explicitly mentions no consequential damage due to malfunction of their components is warrantied.  So there you go, for NZXT at least.  I imagine Corsair's is the same.

That said, I don't remember ever hearing of a horror story of an AIO radiator bursting or a cable splitting or coming detached.  These pumps don't push water with that much force, and the odds of that happening are probably rather low.  Like others have mentioned, pump failure is probably going to be the biggest issue.