Korean Monitor Power Cables

DevanArianne
Go to solution Solved by W-L,

I was looking at getting a Korean 2560 x 1440  monitor.I was looking at a few on Ebay, but I noticed they use that Korean power cable. I understand it connect to the display with the same standard power cable as anything else. I was wondering if it would be okay to just use the standard American power cable and outlet or would I have to fiddle around with something to power this thing without frying it?

Tried searching through post but haven't seen anything about this.

Check the input power specs on the monitor most monitors and PSU are dual power so it can take 120/240V via a switch or auto-switch but just take a look to be sure before hand.

If it's a straight 220V you'll need a transfer to convert the 120V to 220V.

I was looking at getting a Korean 2560 x 1440  monitor.I was looking at a few on Ebay, but I noticed they use that Korean power cable. I understand it connect to the display with the same standard power cable as anything else. I was wondering if it would be okay to just use the standard American power cable and outlet or would I have to fiddle around with something to power this thing without frying it?

Check the input power specs on the monitor most monitors and PSU are dual power so it can take 120/240V via a switch or auto-switch but just take a look to be sure before hand.

If it's a straight 220V you'll need a transfer to convert the 120V to 220V.

With the way prices are coming down on monitors here why even look at getting a Korean monitor? Save yourself the trouble with it all in terms of warranty and the power cable and so on and wait for a good buy here.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

With the way prices are coming down on monitors here why even look at getting a Korean monitor? Save yourself the trouble with it all in terms of warranty and the power cable and so on and wait for a good buy here.

First of all, there are no sub $300 dollar ips 1440p panels on the market other than the Korean ones. The cheapest I can see is the benq bl2710pt for 499 cad. Second, with the Korean panels you can oc to 120hz if lucky- try that on a brand name monitor. Third, you can mod the hell out of the Korean panels, removing the bezel and ending up with a thin Vesa mounted monitor on the cheap, another thing you can't do easily with the offerings from asus and samsung.

Korean panels are definitely still relevant