GTX Titan Black or GTX 780TI: Which one is more futureproof?

Hi, just wondering which card is more futureproof as they both have 2880 cores, but the 780Ti has higher clock speeds, but the Titan Black has 6GB of VRAM?

"Instinct or Rationality; Which will you choose? Enchanted by a superiority complex"

"what you do in spite of internet speed is inspiring. :3" From Cae - 2015

If you were going to spend that much on a card it would be smart to see what the 900 series is going to bring

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

If you were going to spend that much on a card it would be smart to see what the 900 series is going to bring

GTX 900 series is not to replace the 780Ti.

"Instinct or Rationality; Which will you choose? Enchanted by a superiority complex"

"what you do in spite of internet speed is inspiring. :3" From Cae - 2015

Out of the two I would say Titan Black because of the extra VRAM, textures in games will only get bigger the future.

I don't think buying the titan black for the sake of 'future proofing' is a good idea though, by the time 6GB of VRAM is must have feature there will be faster cards out that are cheaper, so it makes more sense to get something for today's standards right now and then upgrade later on when you need to.

Hi, just wondering which card is more futureproof as they both have 2880 cores, but the 780Ti has higher clock speeds, but the Titan Black has 6GB of VRAM?

I would personally buy the gtx 780 6gb edition because you can get two of them for the price of a gtx titan black and they have a 6gb frame buffer and they are just slightly less powerful than the 780 ti and are better performance per dollar

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

I would personally buy the gtx 780 6gb edition because you can get two of them for the price of a gtx titan black and they have a 6gb frame buffer and they are just slightly less powerful than the 780 ti and are better performance per dollar

this, get two GTX 780 6GB and if you want to save some money go with two R9 290

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

How do you know

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

I´d wait for the release of nVidia´s new 900 series. See how good they are and go from there on. They will be shown off in a few days. Maybe you can also see some prices dropping a little bit, but personally I´d say it´s worth the wait.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

That was from some random ass guy on another forum, which is a rumour.

ru·mor
ˈro͞omər/
noun
noun: rumour
  1. 1.
    a currently circulating story or report of uncertain or doubtful truth.
    "they were investigating rumors of a massacre"
    synonyms: gossiphearsaytalktittle-tattlespeculationwordMore

verb
verb: rumour
  1. 1.
    be circulated as an unverified account.
    "it's rumored that he lives on a houseboat"

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

this, get two GTX 780 6GB and if you want to save some money go with two R9 290

yes the r9-290 would be a good option as long as you have a powerful enough power supply and very good airflow because those amd r9 290 series cards are like a furnace in you computer but if you do want cuda tdual gtx 780 6gb editions would be the best option as long as you dont need double precision floating point which i doubt you would need here is the link you can buy two for the price of one titan black 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487040&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

and if you want to use amazon

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K699CRW/?tag=pcpapi-20

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

Well, Titan Black is more futureproof but don't go off of that.... the 900 series is coming out within the next 2 months just wait for that