idle temperature of a GPU?

Benefitz

I have an AMD Radeon HD 7850 and when my PC is idling (few tabs open on chrome, steam, skype etc) I have about 28 degrees Celsius on my GPU.

Obviously this isn't dangerous because this is a low temperature. The reason I'm asking is because whenever I search up other idle temperatures from other people, they get 40+ degrees Celcius.

My fan speed is usually around 25 - 40%

I live in Australia, so it's not like I'm in freezing temperatures.

Why is it so low? Is it normally this low?

Thanks.

EDIT: I use MSI Afterburner for the statistics.

You have a stupidly good card to have it idling at 28C O_o.

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

Yes is normal

Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury.

my GTX ref cooled 780 idle at around 50 degrees C, so your card obviously have decent cooling, if you are bothered that your card runs too cool then i guess you can OC it a bit to get it up to normal temps on average.

What brand of 7850 is it ?, or is it a reference cooler ?.

You have a stupidly good card to have it idling at 28C O_o.

I know right!

My room gets very stuffy and hot when I'm in it for more then 10 minutes. When I opened the window and had my room fan on full (during summer) I managed to get the GPU down to 20 degrees. I didn't even think that was possible...

CRAZY HOT MY 770 IDLES @ 24 C!!!

Oh wait that wasn't the point of OP..

my GTX ref cooled 780 idle at around 50 degrees C, so your card obviously have decent cooling, if you are bothered that your card runs too cool then i guess you can OC it a bit to get it up to normal temps on average.

What brand of 7850 is it ?, or is it a reference cooler ?.

What do you mean what brand is it? I'm new to computers. 

Reference = stock?

If so, then yes, I have stock cooling system for my whole PC. (I think)

it all depends on how many monitors you have running when i have 1 screen on mine idles at 30c as soon as i turn on the other 2 it goes up to 45c it does this because the core clock of the GPU is raised 

l Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.5Ghz l Asus VII Ranger ROG l MSI GTX 970 @ 1555MHz l 

PC PART PICKER

How are you getting 20 degrees C in summertime in Australia? Surely it's hotter outside than that.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

How are you getting 20 degrees C in summertime in Australia? Surely it's hotter outside than that.

It is, I don't even understand. It's probably 30-40 degrees celcius outside, and my GPU is usually around 30 degrees.

Magic!

Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury.

It is, I don't even understand. It's probably 30-40 degrees celcius outside, and my GPU is usually around 30 degrees.

Your temp measurement is not accurate. It is impossible to cool below ambient air temps like that. Might want to try a different bit of software.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

my asus gtx 670 idles at 33c with 40% fan wtf

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

My 290 with a G10+H110 idles at 34°c

So yeah, 28°c is pretty good

10nhylu.jpg

I'm from the uk and my gigabyte windforce gtx 780 idles at average 27°c. The very lowest i have seen at idle is 24°c and highest 31°c.

I would have expected idle temp to be higher in Aus.

Intel Core i5 3570K @ 4.5GHz | ASUS P8Z77-V LX2 | 2x4GB kingston hyper-x genesis @1600MHz | Gigabyte windforce GTX 780 3xOC rev.2 | 240GB kingston v300 & 500GB seagate 7200rpm | 

Corsair GS600 |  1440p Dell U2515H & 1080p 60Hz tv/monitor | Asetek based AIO 120mm liquid cpu cooler