Best R9 270X

Speedbird
Go to solution Solved by NeatSquidYT,

Vapor X.

Hi

I'm looking into adding an R9 270X into my rig so it can runnewer games better at 1080p, which one of them do you suggest? I'm currently looking at the Gigabyte Windforce one. Thanks.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

That would be the sapphire tri-X toxic or vapour X, they're beast at cooling AMD chips and being quiet at doing so. The windforce is Okay, I would put it in the same bracket as the MSI twin frozr, but it's just not quite as good as sapphire.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Vapor X.

That would be the sapphire tri-X toxic or vapour X, they're beast at cooling AMD chips and being quiet at doing so. The windforce is Okay, I would put it in the same bracket as the MSI twin frozr, but it's just not quite as good as sapphire.

The Vapor-X is a little expensive, would the Dual-X do?

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

The Vapor-X is a little expensive, would the Dual-X do?

No get the Toxic it's the best of them all.

Dual-X or Vapor-X .. doesent matter. When you overclock them they will perform pretty much the same (+- 5% difference at most). Get whatever is cheaper.

All are the same chip.. it is just coolers that are better/worse and silicon lotery when you are overclocking.

Hi

I'm looking into adding an R9 270X into my rig so it can runnewer games better at 1080p, which one of them do you suggest? I'm currently looking at the Gigabyte Windforce one. Thanks.

Vapor-X is the best 270X in terms of performance, but it's not worth the money over the Tri-X

"Rawr XD"

Vapor-X is the best 270X in terms of performance, but it's not worth the money over the Tri-X

Toxic is the best Vapor-X is one below it then Tri-X then Dual-X.

Toxic is the best Vapor-X is one below it then Tri-X then Dual-X.

Toxic is the loudest though

"Rawr XD"

That shows nothing about Toxic vs Tri/Vapor-X....

60576.png

Opps wrong one. Toxic is hardly louder than Vapor-X though.

hm.. how about HIS Iceq X2 Turbo Boost? I'm new to pc and i had this one. I cant tell its noisy or not but i guess not.