8970 GHz Edition Leaked Specs, AMD Source

kprice789

This is the same specs as that of the 7970 Ghz Edition. This must be a bug, because I read a rumor on Tom's Hardware that states differently.

Source:

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Radeon-HD-8000-AMD-Leak,22788.html

- winny3141 :D

System Specs: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Six-core CPU, AMD Radeon HD 6970 2 GB GDDR5 16X PCIe Video Card, MSI 890FXA-GD70 Motherboard, Kingston Hyper-X 1600 MHz RAM, ADATA 128 GB MLC SSD, 2 TB HDD, Astec Dual 120 mm closed Liquid cooling Loop, Cooler Master 800W Silent Pro Gold (80 Plus Gold Certified) PSU, Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013 Gaming Keyboard (Love me my Cherry MX Blue Switches), a Razer Taipan Gaming Mouse (8200 dpi 4G sensor FTW!), Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Those are shit specs compared to the seven series graphics cards. Common amd we need some competition!

Corsair 650d, Core i5 3570k, H100, Galaxy gtx670, Asus z77 vDeluxe Mobo, 16g kingston hyper x memory.

Compare the specs to the 7000 Series. It is exactly the same card. Not very exciting after all. The high-end GPU to get today is the 780. The 770 is worth it if drivers improve its performance to separate it more from the 7970.

Also, this http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Radeon-HD-8000-AMD-Leak,22788.html sounds a little too good to be true (though I'd love it if it were).

Desktop: Intel Core i7-5820K, Corsair H115i, Asus X99-Deluxe/USB 3.1, G.Skill Ripjaws4 32GB 2800MHz CL16, Zotac RTX 3070, Samsung 950 Pro 512GB in Angelbird Wings PX1, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, 5*Seagate 12TB, Cooler Master V1200, Phanteks Enthoo Luxe, Windows 10 Pro. Phillips 328P6VUBREB, Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown, Logitech G502 X Plus, Sennheiser HD700.

AYANEO 2S: AMD 7800U, 32GB 7500MHz, 2TB WD SN850X. Windows 11.

LOL If those really will be the specs then they would be similar to how the GTX 770 was with the GTX 680.

This is not going to be the same specs as the released version of the 8970. Try this:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1395229/chiphel-new-specs-of-radeon-hd8000-leaked

By the way, crop the picture next time in paint. Just press "Print Screen" button, paste in paint crop and save. :)

That looks more reasonable.

System: i5-2500k, Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3, Mushkin Enhanced Blackline, R9 290X, CoolerMaster Elite 430, OCZ Vector, Corsair RM650, Dell U2412M, Corsair H60, Sidewinder X6, M6880, Asus Xonar DG      
Steam username: Armorhype          Origin username: Armorhype          Xbox Live Gamertag: Armorhype                   

More leaks xD, I guess these are much more reliable, someone is going to get fired though...

I'm guessing the 8970 and 8970 GHz will come in between GTX 770 and 780 performance.

Also, you should use the Snipping tool that comes with windows for screenshots :P.

Guys I had URLs open to my servers and I have them bookmarked but I wanted to screenshot before the link went away lol. If you see I accidentally left one of the tabs not blanked.

Lies.

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

Yeah, I got a little confused when everyone started getting excited about the 8xxx series of cards as I found this a good while ago and saw that it was all just rebranded 7xxx for OEMs only.

They're all LITERALLY just rebranded. Absolutely no changes... How can they get away with that?

Yeah, I got a little confused when everyone started getting excited about the 8xxx series of cards as I found this a good while ago and saw that it was all just rebranded 7xxx for OEMs only.

They're all LITERALLY just rebranded. Absolutely no changes... How can they get away with that?

NVIDIA seems to be getting away with the GTX 770. It's all down to one thing...Marketing.

Fact. Most consumers are idiots(some say not their fault but Iearnt so.....), and have no idea.

FX8120 @ 5.0GHz | Sabertooth 990FX | Patriot Viper Xtreme 8GB @ 2133MHz | Powercolor HD7950 @ 1300/1800 | Bitfenix Shinobi XL Modded | Corsair AX850 | Mushkin 120GB & Seagate 2TB | Bitfenix Recon | 5X SP120 PE | 6X Yate Loon 120mm HS

Koolance 200 Res | 2X Koolance 360 Rads | Danger Den CPX Pro | EK 7950 Block | Koolance CPU Block | Bitspower & XSPC Fittings

Green Machine

Those are shit specs compared to the seven series graphics cards. Common amd we need some competition!

This is the same specs as that of the 7970 Ghz Edition. This must be a bug, because I read a rumor on Tom's Hardware that states differently.

Source:

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Radeon-HD-8000-AMD-Leak,22788.html

- winny3141 :D

OEM means to AMD specifications. Every graphics card has an OEM because thats what companies like Asus, MSI, Gigabyte etc.. work off of to create there aftermarket cards. A reference card is an OEM card. Everyone kinda knew that the 8000 series was going to either be a rebrand or  not happen, with this it more or less looks like a rebrand. just like the 770 is to Nvidias 6xx series. 

LOL If those really will be the specs then they would be similar to how the GTX 770 was with the GTX 680.

These are just rebranded 7970s, OEMs like Dell and Acer have been using the 8000 series name on rebranded 7000 series cards for a couple months now. If you actually look at the specs their identical to the 7970, because it's the same card. 

NVIDIA seems to be getting away with the GTX 770. It's all down to one thing...Marketing.

They at least clocked it higher and made it look nice. The 8970 is literally just a 7970 with a different number on it. Same spec, same clocks.

These aren't consumer cards, you can't buy these individually because they only come in prebuilt systems and are just rebranded cards. This isn't AMD releasing a new series of cards, this is just them differentiating between their OEM cards and their consumer cards. this is why they are skipping the 8000 series and going straight to 9000. 

They at least clocked it higher and made it look nice. The 8970 is literally just a 7970 with a different number on it. Same spec, same clocks.

OEM's can just pre-OC them to make them look "new".

OEM's can just pre-OC them to make them look "new".

Pffft. OEMs. Who cares about them, anyways?

I made the mistake of buying my first 'low-end gaming rig' from Dell. It ran Crysis. At a barely playable FPS on low at 1600x900. Yup. 2600XT FTW! The card looks freaking sweet though! Haha.

Pffft. OEMs. Who cares about them, anyways?

I made the mistake of buying my first 'low-end gaming rig' from Dell. It ran Crysis. At a barely playable FPS on low at 1600x900. Yup. 2600XT FTW! The card looks freaking sweet though! Haha.

There's always a sucker somewhere. Alienware anyone?

Pity the 8990 was not there as well. 

There's always a sucker somewhere. Alienware anyone?

Haha! Now that is some overpriced crap, I tell you! I do kinda like the cases though. Still... Custom build FTW! I don't even have a case just now because I'm still waiting on the 900D though... Damn suppliers! Only a few more days though! C'mon!!!

Is it me or are we getting off-topic?

Haha! Now that is some overpriced crap, I tell you! I do kinda like the cases though. Still... Custom build FTW! I don't even have a case just now because I'm still waiting on the 900D though... Damn suppliers! Only a few more days though! C'mon!!!

Is it me or are we getting off-topic?

Well, a lot of posts around the forum tend to lead off-topic the longer it goes on.  :P

Aw this had me excited for a sec

MSI Z68A-GD80 (G3) | Core i7 2700K @ 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX 580 1.5GB @ stock

8GB G.Skill RipjawsZ 2133MHz | OCZ Agility 3 60GB | 3x500GB RAID 5 | DVD-RW

Xclio Nighthawk | OCZ ModX Stream Pro 700W | CM Hyper 212 EVO with Corsair SP120s push/pull

TBH I'm pretty sure all of this leaked information is intentional by AMD, one number to create buzz, the timing is impeccable. 

They basically want people to hold off and save their money and give AMD 5 months to make these cards. They are trying to stop Nvidia 7 series sales because they are no where ready on the production of these cards to market.

Interesting counter attack by AMD, Nvidia should have done the same thing for GTX 680 and promise for crazy benchmarks to stop ppl from buying HD  7970 when it was released so much earlier than the 6 series.

This was just a rebrand from a long time ago AMD made for OEMs. It's not the actual 8970 (btw this was also already posted).

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife

i don't think AMD will be that dumb to upload a unreleased card specs sheet onto their website...

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

They don't specify die size? I think I read a rumour about 8000 being 20nm, and that was one of the reasons it was delayed....

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers