Nexon servers(all nexon titles) infected with trojans est 500k players infected: this is a problem

brownninja97

nexon-logo-315x229.png

Two days ago i got an email from Nexon regarding my Vindictus account, they said that there is a chance that their EU servers had been hacked and so they were distributing viruses.

Today I got another email saying they have narrowed the it down to malware, a malware known as Zbot. Its not a problem for the people that know how to get rid of it but most people will have a problem so be ready for it.

The affected games

All nexon game servers across the EU, US and brazil servers are infected and are being worked on to try and isolate the virus.

Combat_Arms.jpg

1280px-MapleStory.SVG.png

They have narrowed down the potential infected games saying that most infections have occured in maplestory and combat arms so the servers will have limited access and you will likely be kicked out of a game for security reasons, its recommended that you get a anti-virus(bs get anti malware, in other words malwarebytes or die in a fire).

They have estimated that 500,000 members have been infected across their games, vindictus tried to infect me but malwarebytes anti-exploit and standard malwarebytes pro blocked it, im not sure how both blocked it but that happened.

To try and make it easier to detect they have made so that if a user is infected then they will be kicked from the game to avoid further infections.

The malware can also spread through your local network so scan every pc on your local network if you have played a nexon game in the past month. It hides in the registry btw.

The combat arms Eu team are the first to talk about it on the website and they have said that due to this infection they are gonna reward players for staying with nexon through this harsh moment in time*raises sword in air*.

I dunno what the reward is.

Oddly no one has claimed to be the person that did this to the servers

http://en.combatarms.nexoneu.com/NXEU.aspx?PART=/News/Notice&BoardIDX=6561

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Combat Arms sucks more than my Dyson.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Damn....

Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury.

Nexon should merge with EA

They are very similar companies aren't they.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Nexon's F2P strategy: Release decent game, keep it f2p for a year or so, then make it the biggest fucking P2W game in the history of F2P games.

I don't care how badly their servers get screwed up, they're a shady business and they deserve every loss this incident causes them.

My Build

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 ARMOUR | CPU: i7 9700k | Ram: 16gb 3200mhz Motherboard: ASUS Maximus XI Gene | Storage: 2x 1TB NVME 1x 500GB NVME 1x 120GB NVME | Case: Corsair 570X