Razer wants to be Apple for gamers

NeoZeon

people dislike apple because it is overrated .....even tho their products are just plain sexy....i hate using their os because im familiar with windows haha...:/

oh and razer IS apple for gamers lol....they even give the 2 stickers in the box and well #buildquality

They've (Razer) got to increase their build quality by a factor of thousand to be comparable to Apple lol

It depends on the product, I've purchased 4 products from them and all were built very well.

Their new laptops as evidence, with the new videos for them.  They develop software for their hardware, and use that to sell their hardware. Thats why they offer the voice comm for free. Its pretty smart, just hope all of the people who hate on Apple (why would anyone hate a company) but use razer products know that this is what they are doing. 

yeah, why would anyone hate a company that gets away with overcharging it's clientele on the imaginary notion that there products are so cool that they some how make you cool for having them. And all those frivolous lawsuits aimed at killing competition, which is always better for the consumer? Rock on man. 

Their new laptops as evidence, with the new videos for them.  They develop software for their hardware, and use that to sell their hardware. Thats why they offer the voice comm for free. Its pretty smart, just hope all of the people who hate on Apple (why would anyone hate a company) but use razer products know that this is what they are doing. 

I don't understand one thing. They can fit a 775M in that thing, but not a 780M? 

well its a good thing that nvidia arent like apple.

i mean they dont have software that suits their hardware and their hardware alone.

but what if they were to bring our something like a geforce experience software that recommends settings for users and  downloads updates and stuff?

whats that? they did this? when? just recently?

;_; NVIDIA ARE BECOMING LIKE APPLE ;_;

(yeah sometimes people build hardware to suit a certain use case or application doesn't mean they are apple.)

Razers products are nice, alot of it is theyre becoming such a big brand now that they can afford to charge more than they could get away with. They maximizing profit to be honest, and people are willing to play it.. im sure if they got boycotted their prices would hit the floor :o 

CPU: i5 3570k                                 PSU: CX650 Corsair                 SSD: 128GB Samsung 840

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance     Case: Zalman Z11                    HDD: 500Gb Toshiba & 1TB Western Digital

MOBO: ASrock Extreme 4 Z77        GPU: GTX 770

lol

I feel pretty bad that you have to re-program the keys for every game

but a lot of left handers just plain use their right hand for gaming with a mouse, as they get more options as to how to mice.

it takes I while, but I say you should try, it could be worth it, as not to many companies make left hand mice

I am a lefty but I have been using my right hand for mouse since I was 12-13 and now 30. If anything trying to use the left would feel weird.

How so?

not even the surface pro, just WINDOWS 8 screams apple,

>win 8

>closed environment

I'm pretty sure this has been dealt with, but the fact that they attempted it is just silly

Irrational hater that's never owned or used a Macbook Pro detected.

i never had a mac myself, but when you look at what they put in their machine, the Mac Pro for example, its always rock solid server hardware. But for a normal user, it seems like a waste to buy the equivalent of a server when all you need is the web, a little music and some videos.. I mean of course the Xeon will be faster and more reliable, but its often twice the price. We dont all need ECC enabled RAM..  :D  That said, i've been looking at the Mac Mini lately, and they look pretty sweet..  :P Of course if your a gamer you probably want to be able to upgrade the video card at some point.. And with a Mac, there is not much choice... You Pay the Heavy price or you build a Hackintosh.. 

i never had a mac myself, but when you look at what they put in their machine, the Mac Pro for example, its always rock solid server hardware. But for a normal user, it seems like a waste to buy the equivalent of a server when all you need is the web, a little music and some videos.. I mean of course the Xeon will be faster and more reliable, but its often twice the price. We dont all need ECC enabled RAM..  :D  That said, i've been looking at the Mac Mini lately, and they look pretty sweet..  :P Of course if your a gamer you probably want to be able to upgrade the video card at some point.. And with a Mac, there is not much choice... You Pay the Heavy price or you build a Hackintosh.. 

exactly, no mac user uses half of the damn hardware anyways, plus, this laptop, since it's win 8/7 can actually utilize it hardware, someone who uses a mac and actually uses the hardware probably edits videos, even then, hackintosh is better

I don't understand one thing. They can fit a 775M in that thing, but not a 780M? 

Either it increases their profit margins or they wouldn't be able to achieve the same battery life if they did so.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

Either it increases their profit margins or they wouldn't be able to achieve the same battery life if they did so.

Yeah did you guys see their video lmfao, I felt like I was watching an Asian version of Jonny Ive but worse, LOL

at least Jonny Ive is a cool dude, Min Ling Tiang whatever the dude's name is just spewing BS.

All of my beloved Razer products have had problems of one sort or another. I love Razer's design, that's why 99% of their fans love them, but seriously the quality control is just god awful. I want to keep buying Razer but honestly, I can't stand being limited to green or blue LEDs, why not just have RGB LEDs that are very cheap on their already overpriced products? and products that last?

I want to buy the new Deathadder since my Deathadder 3500 DPI started to double/triple click after only 2 years of use (I took care of it very well, never smashed/abused it) and no replacement for it, but I'm stuck with this forced green LED crap, I want my blue or even better, RGB LED...

This whole Cult of Razer is just stupid too, ok we get it, you wanna have that whole "ROG" thing but Christ, don't call it a cult, and switch it up a little.

I hate this whole eSports BS, but I'd be fine with it if they actually focused on making products that LAST instead of fancy oogly boogly advertising their Starcraft and LoL teams and crap.

Its a 765m. Please tell me how could you put in a 780m which is nearly as thick as the notebook itself. And what about the power consumption? The 765m will use less then half of the wattage you need to run the 780m at normal clockspeeds. + The heat. Even the biggest Alienwares with multiple fans can not run the top end cards cool. Not to mention the AW's case is 3-4times in thickness with much more bigger fans.

Hako: Gigabyte z490i, i5-10400F@4.3GHz, 16GB LPX 3200MHz, Intel 7600p 1TB,  AMD RX6800

Stuff: Ducky One 2 MiNi, Xtrfy M4 Retro, Asus VG259Q

Phone: Google Pixel 3XL NoT P!nk

Just my thought. Clearly their intent. 

They're sharing a drink they call loneliness, but it's better than drinkin' alone...

BitFenix Prodigy Black / Intel Core i7 3770K / Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI mITX / ASUS GeForce GTX 660Ti DCUII 2GB / Corsair Vengance LP 8GB (2x4096MB) CL9 1600Mhz / Corsair SF600 - 600W  / Corsair H70 Push Pull

The blade actually really slick, but at a price point around $2300 for a 1080p screen. They're out of the ballpark.

Bit like microsoft wants to be Apple as-well...

too soon?

Dont think thats what microsoft want ........

Dont think thats what microsoft want ........

Pretty sure it is......taking over the living room and that.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

Its a 765m. Please tell me how could you put in a 780m which is nearly as thick as the notebook itself. And what about the power consumption? The 765m will use less then half of the wattage you need to run the 780m at normal clockspeeds. + The heat. Even the biggest Alienwares with multiple fans can not run the top end cards cool. Not to mention the AW's case is 3-4times in thickness with much more bigger fans.

They probably could. Call me stupid/crazy but they probably could've at least put a 770M.

Pretty sure it is......taking over the living room and that.

... When did Apple try to do that again?

Everyone wants to be Apple... Notice how many companies which used to be famous for cheap low quality products are moving into high end, expensive products.  As well as making their products more attractive to the average customer and ignoring more niche products.

In many cases they try to "copy" Apple's marketing strategies or their products. I mean just look at the Razer Blade, it looks very similar to the MBP retina, even on the inside and I expect build quality to be at the same level. Microsoft's marketing has also become very similar to Apple's and almost all major tech companies are starting to focus a lot on their own massive press conferences while ignoring trade shows like CES which have become home to start up companies.There are good and bad things to this, but it's certainly nice to see competition rather than stagnation (which ironically is what Apple is doing now).

However I do question how long this can go on, if everyone is focusing on the premium market and massive promotional campaigns, that market will become too saturated and there will be less sales, and as good as the marketing is, it will soon after get drowned out by some other company with "the next big thing" before the product is in peoples hands. So I eventually expect some manufacturers who fail to compete to go back to their previous model.

not even the surface pro, just WINDOWS 8 screams apple,

>win 8

>closed environment

I'm pretty sure this has been dealt with, but the fact that they attempted it is just silly

They created Windows 8 for their tablets. They need to break into the tablet market as it is getting popular and PC's are dying out. Windows is a company after all.

Good Morning...