LTT 3DMark Thread

Hey @Najuno I found out that the X99 Rampage V and the Gigabyte Champion are boards that are better for OC'ing since they are the only X99 boards with Cache voltage options.

Only thinking about buying the Asus R5E makes me want ot cry :(. Not another damn black and red color scheme... on the other hand side I could get a full cover block for the mainboard through EK and that would be amazing! Cause in all reality I don´t trust Bitspower too much and the AS Rock is on par in performance with the R5E but that doesn´t mean it will be as good. This is a damn bad situation for me. The Gigabyte Champion is fully available right now and there´s no full cover block for it... I don´t really know what to do.

EDIT: And that Ghetto stuff that Linus did to his R5E with painting it blue won´t happen at my side, I actually have to pay for my hardware even though I don´t have a real budget.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

Only thinking about buying the Asus R5E makes me want ot cry :(. Not another damn black and red color scheme... on the other hand side I could get a full cover block for the mainboard through EK and that would be amazing! Cause in all reality I don´t trust Bitspower too much and the AS Rock is on par in performance with the R5E but that doesn´t mean it will be as good. This is a damn bad situation for me. The Gigabyte Champion is fully available right now and there´s no full cover block for it... I don´t really know what to do.

EDIT: And that Ghetto stuff that Linus did to his R5E with painting it blue won´t happen at my side, I actually have to pay for my hardware even though I don´t have a real budget.

Yeah I got recommended both of those bordes by Gunslinger from HWBot/kingpincooling(fourms) as I am doing my x99 upgrade this year and was looking into boards.

Edit:I know what you mean right now I can't find the Champion board online for some reason I would rather get that then the R5E.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

Yeah I got recommended both of those bordes by Gunslinger from HWBot/kingpincooling(fourms) as I am doing my x99 upgrade this year and was looking into boards.

Edit:I know what you mean right now I can't find the Champion board online for some reason I would rather get that then the R5E.

NARF that kills me :(. I have looked in the HoF of 3D Mark and the only guys that don´t use the R5E are Kingpin (obviously) and another guy but everybody else uses the R5E or my X99 Deluxe.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

NARF that kills me :(. I have looked in the HoF of 3D Mark and the only guys that don´t use the R5E are Kingpin (obviously) and another guy but everybody else uses the R5E or my X99 Deluxe.

Yeah but hell I would say chance it with the OCF from Asrock its a solid board for the price.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

Yeah but hell I would say chance it with the OCF from Asrock its a solid board for the price.

That board sells for 260USD atm on NewEgg after rebate... just insane.

That board sells for 260USD atm on NewEgg after rebate... just insane.

Yeah the only otherboard that really really has my eye is the SLI Karat but MSI boards for X99 have some voltage issues.

|King Of The Lost|

Yeah the only otherboard that really really has my eye is the SLI Karat but MSI boards for X99 have some voltage issues.

God please don´t buy that boards! This is as if you ask for problems and unstable OCs. I don´t know should I stay on the save side and buy the R5E? I mean I can make a black and red color scheme work as well. I just feels weird to go for even more highend than I´m already right now and then go with the OC Formula... help me out!

God please don´t buy that boards! This is as if you ask for problems and unstable OCs. I don´t know should I stay on the save side and buy the R5E? I mean I can make a black and red color scheme work as well. I just feels weird to go for even more highend than I´m already right now and then go with the OC Formula... help me out!

I would go with the SOC Champion instead if you can find it. but if you want a full board block I would go with the R5E as that is the one I'm going with cause I can't find the Champion myself.

|King Of The Lost|

I would go with the SOC Champion instead if you can find it. but if you want a full board block I would go with the R5E as that is the one I'm going with cause I can't find the Champion myself.

Champion is not available to the public yet in large numbers. Only selected OCer got samples. That alone is a reason to not buy it... if Gigabyte thinks they don´t need my money... well so be it. I think I don´t have much choice but by the R5E though. The AS Rock seems to be a nice mainboard, but it won´t be the right backbone for what I have on my mind for my next built. Breaks my heart a yellow and black built would have been so nice :(. But alone the problem that I can´t get the fullcover block, even with the one that´s sold through Bitspower (CPU cooler sucks) it doesn´t cool the SB. And it´s almost as expensive as the R5E full cover block from EK and that my friend comes with the Supremacy!

Buy the OC Formula and be happy. Its the board i wish i bought 

Core I7 5960X / Gigabyte X99 SOC Force / Kingston 16GB DDR4 3000 / EVGA GTX 980 Classified's In Quad SLI / EVGA 1600W G2

Core I7 6700K / Asus Z170 Maximus VIII Hero / Corsair 16GB DDR4 3000 / MSI R9 290X Lightning / EVGA 1600W T2

Champion is not available to the public yet in large numbers. Only selected OCer got samples. That alone is a reason to not buy it... if Gigabyte thinks they don´t need my money... well so be it. I think I don´t have much choice but by the R5E though. The AS Rock seems to be a nice mainboard, but it won´t be the right backbone for what I have on my mind for my next built. Breaks my heart a yellow and black built would have been so nice :(. But alone the problem that I can´t get the fullcover block, even with the one that´s sold through Bitspower (CPU cooler sucks) it doesn´t cool the SB. And it´s almost as expensive as the R5E full cover block from EK and that my friend comes with the Supremacy!

Awww damn that makes me sad as much as I didn't want to get a ROG mobo in my life looks like I need to suck it up and go for one to get the most out of my system.

Edit: Trying to see what some Overclockers think about the OCF in general. It seems to be a good all around board IMO.

|King Of The Lost|

Buy the OC Formula and be happy. Its the board i wish i bought 

It´s on par with the R5E. My problem is not the built quality Vlad. My problem is the watercooling part. I´ll include CPU, Mosfet, VRM, RAM and of course GPUs. If I do that with single coolers on the mainboard side even with hard tubing, it will look weird because it´ll take many individual connectors. And for the AS Rock there´s only a Bitspower fullcover block available which is sad, because the EK supremacy is a lot better and I will not sacrifice OCing potential due to heat issues of a CPU.

It´s on par with the R5E. My problem is not the built quality Vlad. My problem is the watercooling part. I´ll include CPU, Mosfet, VRM, RAM and of course GPUs. If I do that with single coolers on the mainboard side even with hard tubing, it will look weird because it´ll take many individual connectors. And for the AS Rock there´s only a Bitspower fullcover block available which is sad, because the EK supremacy is a lot better and I will not sacrifice OCing potential due to heat issues of a CPU.

Found out the X99 Classifieds VRM is spread Board wide vs mostly supporting the CPU. R5E is good if you can supply the right conditions for it (Probably DICE, LN2, and sub ambient)

|King Of The Lost|

Cache doesnt really help at all 

That is a naive statement. Have you ever tried benchmarking 2D.?

Champion is not available to the public yet in large numbers. Only selected OCer got samples. That alone is a reason to not buy it... if Gigabyte thinks they don´t need my money... well so be it.

It was on Newegg for a while. But I see its gone now. I think Gigabyte is making them in Limited quantites as not a lot of people except Overclockers want a X99 board with only 4 DIMM slots.

Awww damn that makes me sad as much as I didn't want to get a ROG mobo in my life looks like I need to suck it up and go for one to get the most out of my system.

Edit: Trying to see what some Overclockers think about the OCF in general. It seems to be a good all around board IMO.

ASROCK OCF is usually the goto board for 2D benching & is usually pretty good @ 3D too, but this time on X99 since they couldn't put the OC Socket in due ASUS patent claim, its useless if you bench.

All the Asus X99 have the OC Socket, so pick anyone that fits your budget. The Deluxe is a good middle ground if you don't want to fork over for the R5E.

That is a wrong statement. Have you ever tried benchmarking 2D.?

It was on Newegg for a while. But I see it gone now. I think Gigabyte is making them in Limited quantites as not a lot of people except Overclockers want a X99 board with only 4 DIMM slots.

ASROCK OCF is usually the goto board for 2D benching & is usually pretty good @ 3D too, but this time on X99 since they couldn't put the OC Socket in due ASUS patent claim, its useless if you bench.

All the Asus X99 have the OC Socket, so pick anyone that fits your budget. The Deluxe is a good middle ground if you don't want to fork over for the R5E.

My only thing with the Asus boards is some of them seem to take more voltage then competing boards for X99.

|King Of The Lost|

My only thing with the Asus boards is some of them seem to take more voltage then competing boards for X99.

I have personally taken a note never to buy an Asus board becuase of their terrible RMA practices.

But to Overclock the Cache on X99 you need a board with an OC Socket, since Asus somehow managed to file for a patent on it. That is the only option unless the  SOC Champion comes back in stock.

Its a sad situation & I am not a fan of it, but it what it is.

Even if they require a tiny bit more voltage, if you are serious about Benchmarking, then the Cache Overclocking ability trumps that disadvantage,

I have personally taken a note never to buy an Asus board becuase of their terrible RMA practices.

But to Overclock the Cache on X99 you need a board with an OC Socket, since Asus somehow managed to file for a patent on it. That is the only option unless the  SOC Champion comes back in stock.

Its a sad situation & I am not a fan of it, but it what it is.

Even if they require a tiny bit more voltage, if you are serious about Benchmarking, then the Cache Overclocking ability trumps that disadvantage,

I know my X99 Deluxe is an awesome mainboard. That socket 2084 is really good, but I´m not a fan of the overpriced R5E. It´s a good board don´t get me wrong but way too hyped.

I know my X99 Deluxe is an awesome mainboard. That socket 2084 is really good, but I´m not a fan of the overpriced R5E. It´s a good board don´t get me wrong but way too hyped.

Yeah the Rampage boards are always overpriced.

Btw the Champion was only $300 when it was available, which made it a no-brainer. I hope Gigabyte sends some shipments to Newegg from time to time.

Yeah the Rampage boards are always overpriced.

Btw the Champion was only $300 when it was available, which made it a no-brainer. I hope Gigabyte sends some shipments to Newegg from time to time.

Well the thing is the board features all necessary features for highend OCing but is stripped off all the bonus crap of the SoC force. My problem is that many people still have massive issues with Gigabyte´s X99 UEFIs. That was some stuff that was even pointed out for this mainboard in reviews also. The R5E seems to be the only possible way to go asGPU benchmarker that wants full cover watercooling. And the Champion isn´t available, though I don´t have to buy right now. I just want to get the stuff done before AMD and nVidia bring out the next highend GPUs, it´s going to be enough hassle to get all GPUs and full cover waterblocks at release for them.

And then the thing is should I really go with hard tubing or screw it and just go as always for practical water cooling for beastly results. I could do hard tubing to my X99 HTPC... hmm that doesn´t sound bad either and wouldn´t limit me with the benchmark machine, because I swap hardware so frequently.

Well the thing is the board features all necessary features for highend OCing but is stripped off all the bonus crap of the SoC force. My problem is that many people still have massive issues with Gigabyte´s X99 UEFIs. That was some stuff that was even pointed out for this mainboard in reviews also. The R5E seems to be the only possible way to go asGPU benchmarker that wants full cover watercooling. And the Champion isn´t available, though I don´t have to buy right now. I just want to get the stuff done before AMD and nVidia bring out the next highend GPUs, it´s going to be enough hassle to get all GPUs and full cover waterblocks at release for them.

And then the thing is should I really go with hard tubing or screw it and just go as always for practical water cooling for beastly results. I could do hard tubing to my X99 HTPC... hmm that doesn´t sound bad either and wouldn´t limit me with the benchmark machine, because I swap hardware so frequently.

I'm going X99 Classified I made up my mind Not gonna waste the extra money on the R5E for some extra features.

|King Of The Lost|

I'm going X99 Classified I made up my mind Not gonna waste the extra money on the R5E for some extra features.

Hmm not really a good choice man, this board was in most of the tests in the last third of all tests in terms of performance. Sure the price isn´t bad but I don´t I would be happy with it. That nasty SoC Champion would be such a good choice, I want it!

Haven't kept up with the X99 Gigabyte owners to know about the UEFI problem, but I believe you.

But some advice from my side, there is a Zero, Null, Void benefit from put full cover block on your motherboard. Its only for asthetics. So if planning on doing that for performance benefits, you are basically throwing money away.

EVGA's BIOS have been in shambles since after X58. Don't do it, just sayin.

Haven't kept up with the X99 Gigabyte owners to know about the UEFI problem, but I believe you.

But some advice from my side, there is a Zero, Null, Void benefit from put full cover block on your motherboard. Its only for asthetics. So if planning on doing that for performance benefits, you are basically throwing money away.

EVGA's BIOS have been in shambles since after X58. Don't do it, just sayin.

JustCallMeVlad has a SoC Force and he would not recommend that to anybody he stated. It seems like they aren´t a good choice UEFI wise, but maybe the Champion is better because it doesn´t come with all the comfort crap but just plain and simple OCing and highend necessary features.

Yeah I know watercooling RAM, VRM of the board is kind of silly. It is just for looks, but I will use my 5930K and my X99 Deluxe as my HTPC with my Corsair 760T. This machine will feature one GTX980 and the CPU watercooled, maybe I put it up there just for cool looks. I will not upgrade this machine other than the GPU maybe down the road, so yeah that would be an eye catcher, and like written before I could focus on OCing with the benchmark machine and not care too much about looks.

@ KingCry have you thought about an Asus X99 Deluxe? It features the same X99 OC socket as the R5E has. I have with the 5930K and the 5960X awesome OCing results.

have you thought about an Asus X99 Deluxe? It features the same X99 OC socket as the R5E has. I have with the 5930K and the 5960X awesome OCing results.

Does it have additional power for the PCI-E slots?

|King Of The Lost|

Does it have additional power for the PCI-E slots?

Do you mean additional phases?