Moto 360 Benchmarks - Performs poorly?

zanduh

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2014/09/moto-360-review-beautiful-outside-ugly-inside/2/

smartwatch-benchm1ark.001.jpg

smartwatch-b1enchmark.002.jpg

So as the reviews started pouring in it was a clear consensus that the  moto 360 did not live up to the hype in terms of performance. Reviewers complained about lack of functionality, often disconnects from phone's bluetooth, awful battery life and overally stuttery performance. 

The Moto360 uses the OMAP 3, an aging 2010 processor that simply can't keep up in general processing or graphics performance compared to the Snapdragon 400. 

Honestly I'm really disappointed but happy that I didn't cave on this. A general rule is to never buy the first generation of a product. Hopefully the massive sales this watch will have will give motorola (and whoever owns them at that point) the capital to make a much better second generation watch. 

Who cares how well it performs in benchmarks as long as it works well and looks great... It's a freaking watch.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

That's a bit disappointing. I wonder if it could be solved via a patch considering that Android wear doesn't look that heavy to run.

Tea, Metal, and poorly written code.

Who cares how well it performs in benchmarks as long as it works well and looks great... It's a freaking watch.

So as the reviews started pouring in it was a clear consensus that the  moto 360 did not live up to the hype in terms of performance. Reviewers complained about lack of functionalityoften disconnects from phone's bluetooth, awful battery life and overallystuttery performance. 

I was going to post this, but read his post. The issues affect actual use.

Tea, Metal, and poorly written code.

:( i really wanted to get one can you link one or two of those 'bad' reviews most of them i looked at said the thing was good :(

Doesn't matter, have Goldeneye interface:

I went from disappointment to pure need to sadness that I do not and probably will not own a watch with a Goldeneye interface...

I went from disappointment to pure need to sadness that I do not and probably will not own a watch with a Goldeneye interface...

I hope everyone sees the need for Goldeneye watch face on every watch they release henceforth. 

It is utter badassery. 

:( i really wanted to get one can you link one or two of those 'bad' reviews most of them i looked at said the thing was good :(

Toms gave it 3/5 stars calling it clunky with bad battery life but they blamed the software rather than the hardware as opposed to arstechnica

Who knows, this may simply be fixable in software updates. 

I don't care as far as I wouldn't put anything else they compare it to on my wrist. 

Unless I get to try it for a few days to see the functionality for myself,  I would stick with a normal watch.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

Let's hope the LG G watch R is better. I refuse to buy one of these other ugly smart watches.

I once had one of these, now I've got this.

Well that's the problem, it doesn't work well and it doesn't look that great compared to the fully circular G Watch R.

Also it's not "just a watch". If you wanted a watch you would by just a watch. These are supposed to offer more functionality by interfacing with your phone.

Watch. Benchmark. I can't even right now.

4770k @4.4 / 16GB @2400 / Plextor MP5X 128GB / MSI Mpower Z87 / MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC / AX860 / XSPC RX240 & EX240 / Koolance 380i / CM 690 II / Qnix 1440p @96Hz / Benq XL2420G

Current Status: Mourning the loss of my 780 ti 

Watch. Benchmark. I can't even right now.

It's an android device with clock app. No different than people benchmarking their phones.

Who the fuck cares? Its a god damn watch it better be poor performance. It is an extension of your phone. Not a phone entirely. The most important thing about a watch is it's battery life, which Pebble excels at (thats why I bought mine).

post-7648-0-66827700-1410298395.jpg

Project Restomod (In progress)

The issues are a shame but benchmarks on a smart watch?

so now were benching watches? oh god where did we end up...

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

It's a fucking watch, what do you expect? Infinity Blade III?

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

It's a fucking watch, what do you expect? Infinity Blade III?

If it can't run Crysis at 60fps it's not a watch I care about ;)

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Some people's attitudes about specs though...

As if the specs make the device OR the performance. 

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

My Bulova can't even hold time, it only gives 59 seconds per minute :(

Damn. I am not worthy.

It's an android device with clock app. No different than people benchmarking their phones.

... It's a watch. It has literally one job, To tell you the time. Benchmarking it is the silliest thing I have heard of in a while.

4770k @4.4 / 16GB @2400 / Plextor MP5X 128GB / MSI Mpower Z87 / MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC / AX860 / XSPC RX240 & EX240 / Koolance 380i / CM 690 II / Qnix 1440p @96Hz / Benq XL2420G

Current Status: Mourning the loss of my 780 ti 

Battery and Bluetooth connection dropping are deal breakers though: what good is a watch that constantly runs out of battery?

-------

Current Rig

-------