What's the FPS difference between both GTX 780 and 780 ti cards?

TopazBrandon

1 only cost $100 more,  so I was wondering if I would get a lot more performance.

Links Below

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/msi-video-card-gtx780tigaming NVIDIA MSI GeForce GTX 780 Ti Twin Fozr

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-video-card-03gp42784kr NVIDIA EVGA Geforce GTX 780 Superclocked ACX

What GTX 780 or GTX 780 ti card can I get the most performance out of, for $600 MAX?

And what's the difference betweeen 780 and 780 ti? Thank you.

CPU: i7 4790k -  CPU Cooler: Corsair H60  -  Motherboard: MSI Z97-Gaming 5  -  Ram: Corsair Vengence 8GB (Military green)  -  Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & Samsung 840 EVO 120GB  -  GPU: GTX 780 Ti SC ACX  -  Case: Corsair C70 (Military Green)  -  PSU: Corsair RM850w Gold  -  OD: LG Blue-ray  -  OS: Windows 10  -  Monitor: AOC 29" Ultra Wide

Serious answers or don't even comment.

CPU: i7 4790k -  CPU Cooler: Corsair H60  -  Motherboard: MSI Z97-Gaming 5  -  Ram: Corsair Vengence 8GB (Military green)  -  Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & Samsung 840 EVO 120GB  -  GPU: GTX 780 Ti SC ACX  -  Case: Corsair C70 (Military Green)  -  PSU: Corsair RM850w Gold  -  OD: LG Blue-ray  -  OS: Windows 10  -  Monitor: AOC 29" Ultra Wide

GTX 780 is much better value.

and that's comes from an owner of 2 780 Ti's

System: 5930K, MSI X99 SLI PLUS, GTX 780Ti (SLI),  840 EVO, Fractal R4 (Full Custom Loop)  (IP)

Media Server/Perm Folder: i3 4130, CX500, 4 X WD Red 1TB, 60GB Adata SSD for boot, Node 304, ASrock Z87-E ITX, 8GB Kingston Value Ram

1 only cost $100, so I was wondering if I would get a lot more performance.

Links Below

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/msi-video-card-gtx780tigaming NVIDIA MSI GeForce GTX 780 Ti Twin Fozr

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-video-card-03gp42784kr NVIDIA EVGA Geforce GTX 780 Superclocked ACX

What GTX 780 or GTX 780 ti card can I get the most performance out of, for $600 MAX?

And what's the difference betweeen 780 and 780 ti? Thank you.

I'd still get the EVGA SC GTX 780 w/ ACX though.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

@TopazBrandon

Just pick whichever one you think looks the best.

Between the MSI gaming, the Asus DCII, the gigabyte windforce, and the EVGA ACX you can't really go wrong.

That's not to say all other one's are bad, I just don't feel like searching for every version of the GTX 780(Ti) released since there are at least 20 different designs.

This much of a difference.

It9oOZU.png

UXriP06.png

MIlLZe6.png

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

I'd still get the EVGA SC GTX 780 w/ ACX though.

evga support sucks, the cooler sucks too and the design is... not my taste. my friend had to rma his 770 acx 3 times i think and he didn't even get a new one in retürn, but a different model of the acx (the heatpipes were bare copper instead of silver-ish)

wow... pretty empty here...

evga support sucks, the cooler sucks too and the design is... not my taste. my friend had to rma his 770 acx 3 times i think and he didn't even get a new one in retürn, but a different model of the acx (the heatpipes were bare copper instead of silver-ish)

There are horror stories about every brand.
Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

Asus has a better 780, EVGA has a better 780ti. The Ti will go 10-15fps better in some games. 780 is no slouch though, both are fine for 1080p.

CPU: AMD 5950X    MB: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero    RAM: HyperX Predator 64GB    GPU: Nvidia RTX 3090 Ti FE    SSD: Seagate FireCuda 530 2TB    
PSU: EVGA 1200w P2    COOLING: EK AIO Elite 360    CASE: Fractal Design Torrent 
   DISPLAY: LG CX48 4k OLED    AUDIO: HIFIMAN Arya SE

I'll probably just say F it and get the NVIDIA EVGA Geforce GTX 780 Ti Superclocked ACX

Cool story bro, you're wrong tho.

Cool story bro, you're wrong tho.

his 770 runs way hotter while being louder and not ocing as well (that means all of his 4 evga  770s compared to my 2 gigabyte 770s). also you can't change the fact, that the support did totally suck for my buddy because not only did they get them scratched units for rma, but also a unit with a ticking fan a unit that didn't boost correctly and lastly a unit that has fully copper heatpipes instead of  nickelplated ones. 

Now please tell me where the hell i am wrong, bro

I've heard it's around ~5fps.

Thats a very low amount, it hovers between about 5 fps to 15 fps difference depending on the game or benchmark.

When I tested the windforce 780ti in unigine valley on extreme HD it got 74.7fps average.

When I tested the EVGA classfied 780 in the exact same benchmark on the same settings it got 66.8fps.

When I tested them both in tomb raider the difference was more than 15fps, so it does depend but the 780ti is quite a bit more powerful.

Thats a very low amount, it hovers between about 5 fps to 15 fps difference depending on the game or benchmark.

When I tested the windforce 780ti in unigine valley on extreme HD it got 74.7fps average.

When I tested the EVGA classfied 780 in the exact same benchmark on the same settings it got 66.8fps.

When I tested them both in tomb raider the difference was more than 15fps, so it does depend but the 780ti is quite a bit more powerful.

See the problem is that the 780ti never attained price/performance parity .... then again nor did the 780 or most any other nvidia GPU for that matter. GTX 460 in it's time was close though.

Support is great, cooler is great, and the design is personal preference. I'm sorry your friend got a bad card. I've had 5 GTX 750ti Super Clocked, 1 GTX 780 and NONE have had issues

@Lays had dual GTX 780 Classifides, no issues

@VSG has dual K|ngp|ns no issues that I'm aware of

If he had to RMA three cards, did you ever stop and think that the issue is HIM? 3 dead cards almost unbelievable. 

Serious answers or don't even comment.

How about you use the search function on here? There's literally dozens of these threads. You want to know what's even better? Google search> gtx 780 vs 780 ti>BAM! Benchmarks everywhere. Christ... Google is there for a reason, learn how to use it!

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

Support is great, cooler is great, and the design is personal preference. I'm sorry your friend got a bad card. I've had 5 GTX 750ti Super Clocked, 1 GTX 780 and NONE have had issues

If he had to RMA three cards, did you ever stop and think that the issue is HIM? 3 dead cards almost unbelievable. 

the cards he got were not dead but just faulty. he has a corsair 600T with good airflow and he does know what he's doing. It's just the thing that he bought a card and he RMAed it. That's not the problem. The problem is, that he always got refurbished ones that were in worse condition than the card he rmaed originally.  

Normal 780 ACX.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Didn't you have dual classies? 

no, if I did i would have many more records in the overclocking threads on ltt.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

his 770 runs way hotter while being louder and not ocing as well (that means all of his 4 evga  770s compared to my 2 gigabyte 770s). also you can't change the fact, that the support did totally suck for my buddy because not only did they get them scratched units for rma, but also a unit with a ticking fan a unit that didn't boost correctly and lastly a unit that has fully copper heatpipes instead of  nickelplated ones. 

Now please tell me where the hell i am wrong, bro

Your friend had a really crappy experience with them, I'm sorry to hear that. That doesn't mean EVGA's support sucks, if was referring to that generalization that you made. It's wrong. Just like Sapphire is the best AMD partner, EVGA is the best Nvidia partner. The ACX cooler keep the card cool and runs quiet and their cards overclock really well on air because of this. 

You yourself asked us whether you should get a 780 ti or 780 and you listed the ACX version of the GTX 780. Since the 780 ti only has a bit better performance, you might as well go with the GTX 780 SC w/ ACX. Why mention two cards and ask us which one you should get just so you can start bashing the card when we tell you to get it. Make your own choices then. 

Your friend had a really crappy experience with them, I'm sorry to hear that. That doesn't mean EVGA's support sucks, if was referring to that generalization that you made. It's wrong. Just like Sapphire is the best AMD partner, EVGA is the best Nvidia partner. The ACX cooler keep the card cool and runs quiet and their cards overclock really well on air because of this. 

You yourself asked us whether you should get a 780 ti or 780 and you listed the ACX version of the GTX 780. Since the 780 ti only has a bit better performance, you might as well go with the GTX 780 SC w/ ACX. Why mention two cards and ask us which one you should get just so you can start bashing the card when we tell you to get it. Make your own choices then. 

mate, i didn't ask this i just commented. i like sapphire too but xfx is very good too. If you think evga is the best for nvidia thats ok but i wont buy evga