your favorite tech that has been lost or destroyed over the years

JAW96

That sucks when that happens I've done that with music and movies as well. Weeks to rip them back on there.

I used a program to recover my lost data. so it only took a few hours after initial setup.

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @ 4.2 GHz; GPU: Asus STRIX & Gigabyte g1 GTX 1070 SLI; RAM: 16 GB Corsair vengeance 3200 MHz ; Mobo: Asrock Taichi x470; SSD: 512 gb Samsung 950 Pro Storage: 5x Seagate 2TB drives; 1x 2TB WD PurplePSU: 700 Watt Huntkey; Peripherals: Acer S277HK 4K Monitor; Logitech G502 gaming mouse; Corsair K95 Mechanical keyboard; 5.1 Logitech x530 sound system

01000010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001 00100000 01100100 01101111 01100101 01110011 01101110 00100111 01110100 00100000 01101101 01100001 01101011 01100101 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110000 01110010 01101111 00101110

when i was using a macbook pro I know its sad but a screw shorted out the power delivery system and it went up in smoke

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

Nothing has died for me yet, so I can't give personal examples.

That said, has anyone heard of a company called Ballard Power? They were a company that were literally on the verge of starting a huge manufacturing wave of industry-grade hydrogen fuel cells. They had the factories tooled up and ready to go, but then the oil companies came in, and.... well, I think you can guess what happened. Bought out and liquidated. Thanks, Exxon.

Absolute bastards.

Gameboy Advance SP with FireRed version :'( was only missing Celebi and Jirachi :'(

Never opened and cleaned my old 8800gts. It got to 139°C when playing crysis and I just let it be like that for months! one of the capacitor are now loose, so if I get black screen I have to push it back into place =P

What the hell kinda stuff were you doing to it to keep it so hot...?

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Does NVIDIA mangling and salvaging the scraps of 3dFX count as favourite tech destroyed?

I miss them. :(

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

My Gameboy SP lost it's backlight and it hurts my eyes to play it now and only a few games can be played on it due to my cousin dropping it on the stairs :(

my old soundblaster discrete sound cards became useless with windows vista and any version of windows thereafter... 

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

My PS2 version of need for speed underground 2 got scratched, and then I lost the memory card with all my save data on. I'd almost completed it, I just had the last round of underground league races to go and my 240SX would have owned everything :(

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

My first laptop ended it's life under the wheel of a 90-something Jeep Cherokee LE... I was about to do a backup the day before, but something got in the way. A couple of months worth of stuff lost. Also, this was about a week before my high school senior year exams. Actually wen't two months or so without a laptop then... 

Very signature, much funny, such writing. Wow

Hmm let's see:

My brother made me drop my computer off a window

My brother made me drop my laptop off a window
My brother sucked on my processor

My brother cut my motherboard in half

My brother sucked on my graphics card

My brother spilled milk all over my keyboard. I started to cry.

My brother karate kicked my computer off my table

My brother chucked my hard drive full of data at a wall

My brother dropped a 7.1 speaker system down a flight of stairs

My brother poured and dumped 12 cans of Coke on my PSU

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I had my wallet stolen on a bus once, I was about 12 years old so it had nothing of any major value in it. 

Except I was getting the bus to my friend's house, and I'd put my PS2 memory card in there for safekeeping. It's probably the worst tech-loss I've suffered, since I generally keep things that are expensive under a close watch, and I lost all my save files for The Incredibles, ProEvoSoccer4, Need for Speed Underground 2, everything. Heartbreaking stuff for a kid.

my dell dimension 8400, man i loved that machine...

unfortuantely the capacitors bursted and after replacing them the pc still didn't work

the rest of my tech losses aren't that bad, they are replacable.

#killedmywife #howtomakebombs #vgamasterrace

Physical keyboards on smarphones. My Nokia N95 fell apart (after hitting a wall at high velocity). RIP

Plural of PC is PCs, not PC's. Plural of CPU is CPUs, not CPU's. Plural of LED is LEDs, not LED's.

You can build computers really well, not real good.

• 4 weeks later...

My NZXT Sentry 2 Fan Controller was working for months in the middle of a youtube session i said OMG i see magic smoke opended it up the fan controller wires were bare and  smelt burned got an rma never put it back in my system

my gameboy advance sp, screen's a mess now and L and R buttons dont work anymore.

100+ hours of pokemon ruby, emerald and fire red

My older PowerPC Macs. Those were gorgeous machines.

As much as i disagree with what most of you say, i have to agree...the powermacs are all gorgeous :(

the apple logo is too big though

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

My brother's DS Lite. It's not broken but it's still kinda destroyed. It reads GBA and DS games though. The hinges are broken and this picture should show you what I mean:

I bought a case to keep the screen intact, if I didn't then I could just pull off the top section.

the exact same thing hapened to me i also have all of the same pokemon games as you and the same dsi 

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

Our beloved family computer. Pentium D 950, 2 whole gigs of ram, 160gb hard drive... After everyone got their own computer, it unofficially became my computer to mess with. Then. My dad threw it away saying I was wasting way too much time on it.

Part of the Q6600 club

A friend of mine sliped Famers uinon iced coffee on his laptop. Still works too.

Spilled a bunch of Mountain Dew Whiteout on my netbook. I just shook it repeatedly (after quickly turning it off), mopped the top of the keyboard down with a wet and then a dry towel, then went back to playing San Andreas. Had sticky keys for a while, but now it's fine.

Does NVIDIA mangling and salvaging the scraps of 3dFX count as favourite tech destroyed?

I miss them. :(

My VooDoo 3 3000 agrees.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Old Custom PC: C2D (don't remember model), 9400GT 1GB (GDDR2 GUYS HOLY SHIT), 4gb of ram. Many memories with it. PSU died and it had become shit slow by then. I got a mac *heugh* now I'm here with this great 800$ laptop  :wub:

i still use a 9400 gt 1 gb ddr2 for the pc in the living room ,i feel the masterace  

Hmm let's see:

My brother made me drop my computer off a window

My brother made me drop my laptop off a window

My brother sucked on my processor

My brother cut my motherboard in half

My brother sucked on my graphics card

My brother spilled milk all over my keyboard. I started to cry.

My brother karate kicked my computer off my table

My brother chucked my hard drive full of data at a wall

My brother dropped a 7.1 speaker system down a flight of stairs

My brother poured and dumped 12 cans of Coke on my PSU

explain a bit more and we might beat your brother's ass together 

my sister destroyed my motherboard for almost no reason and i got really mad at her 

i miss my tamagotchi  :(

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.