ATI R9 295X and Seasonic 1250W PSU

davidst99
Go to solution Solved by Deletive,

The seasonic is more than enough. it's probably gold or platinum.

Hi,

I just bought a ATI R9 295X and it says it needs 28 Amps from the 8 pin connectors.   Could you tell me where I can find this infomation on my PSU?   Thanks.

David

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

I never heard of that graphics card. :P

Im pretty sure you meant AMD R9 295x...

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

-Snipe-

AMD, and that PSU has 104 amps on the +12v rail, you're definitely good on that front. :P

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

I never heard of that graphics card. :P

Im pretty sure you meant AMD R9 295x...

It will always be ATI in the eyes of a true enthusiast

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

LOL

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Thanks for the replies!   I meant a R9 295x2.   There's temporary stickers covering up the 2 8 pin connectors saying it requires 28 amps.   Yes it's a 1250 Gold.   Thanks again for the help!

Coming from the guy with 3 GTX 465s V3M3Gt5.png

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

jezza39.  Thanks for the info.  No matter much I study electricity it just goes over my head :-)

80+ rating is only a measure of efficiency, not power. Yes, higher rated power supplies tend to have higher quality which can mean more power on the rail(s), but that is not necessarily the case. 

80+ rating is only a measure of efficiency, not power. Yes, higher rated power supplies tend to have higher quality which can mean more power on the rail(s), but that is not necessarily the case. 

it's seasonic. pretty much all their stuff is quality. xD 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

it's seasonic. pretty much all their stuff is quality. xD 

Yes but 80+ rating doesn't necessarily tell you about the quality or power of the unit

Hi, I'm confuse on telling what plugs into the 12V rail?   Can I use the ports that are labeled PCI-E?   Thanks.

David