PC build Suggestions $500 after tax for gaming CA

Hi all,

What specs do you recommend?

Please use PC Part Picker.

Also I was thinking about the Pentium anniversary, or the X4, which is better? I know that you should skimp on case, CPU, and ram and get the best possible GPU. Also I was thinking about dual lower end GPUs because that would net me more frames than single mid-high.

I wish to get most performance per dollar, in games like battlefield 4 and company of heroes 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MOAN005Fvw

If you can, I'd suggest getting a more powerful GPU to go in it, but if you can't afford it then the one in the build will be fine.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I disagree to some of those parts... This is Canada and prices are different. Too much ram and CPU does not need to be that good.

If you can, I'd suggest getting a more powerful GPU to go in it, but if you can't afford it then the one in the build will be fine.

What about a pentium, won't it beat it with a super high OC?

Get the pentium g3258 it destroys the athlon in pretty much all games including the heavy cpu bound game arma 3 and see if you can fit in a r9 270 non x

What about 750ti?

I disagree to some of those parts... This is Canada and prices are different. Too much ram and CPU does not need to be that good.

How is 8GB too much? Now adays 8GB is pretty much the sweet spot.

Also if its too much then swap the motherboard out for something such as the MSI Z97 PC Mate and the CPU for a Pentium G3258.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

What about 750ti?

750 ti is a good choice, just not as powerful, but also cheaper.

Whats a good

750 ti is a good choice, just not as powerful, but also cheaper.

What's a good mobo that's cheap to OC pentium please cheap as possible

Whats a good

What's a good mobo that's cheap to OC pentium please cheap as possible

MSI Z97 PC Mate is decent, though for my build I went with a MSI z97-G55 SLI which is about $20-30 usd more.

MSI Z97 PC Mate is decent, though for my build I went with a MSI z97-G55 SLI which is about $20-30 usd more.

Okay, thanks.

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/zd6vD3
Price breakdown by merchant: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/zd6vD3/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 3.2GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($69.82 @ DirectCanada)
Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($88.00 @ Vuugo)
Memory: A-Data XPG V1.0 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($48.99 @ Canada Computers)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($54.97 @ DirectCanada)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB WINDFORCE Video Card  ($139.99 @ NCIX)
Case: BitFenix Comrade ATX Mid Tower Case  ($39.99 @ NCIX)
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($49.99 @ Canada Computers)
Total: $491.75
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-09-02 16:31 EDT-0400

You're going to eventually want to add a 2nd stick of 4GB, a CPU Cooler, and an SSD.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

G55 MASTER RACEEEEEEEEEE

† TTCF Member † Jesus loves you! Have a good day and stay techie!

Hi all,

What specs do you recommend?

Please use PC Part Picker.

Also I was thinking about the Pentium anniversary, or the X4, which is better? I know that you should skimp on case, CPU, and ram and get the best possible GPU. Also I was thinking about dual lower end GPUs because that would net me more frames than single mid-high.

I wish to get most performance per dollar, in games like battlefield 4 and company of heroes 2.

To be honest, i wouldn't get a $500 build just yet. IF you really need a computer now then go ahead, but what i would recommend is waiting a couple months until black Friday and Cyber Monday because you can get a lot more bang for your buck on those days.

CPU: AMD FX-6300     COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO    MOBO: ASUS M5A97 R2.0    RAM: Team Vulcan 8Gb (4Gb x 2) , G-Skill Sniper (4Gb x 2)    PSU: Rosewill HIVE-750w    GPU: ASUS HD 7790 2Gb OC    CASE: NZXT Phantom 410    STORAGE: WD Black 1Tb , Intel 530 120Gb     AUDIO: HyperX Cloud , Sennheiser HD 518 , Audio Technica ATH-M30 , Sennheiser MM30G , Yamaha RX-V361 , Pioneer SP-BS22     PHONE: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge     PERIPHERALS: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Classic , Logitech g502 ( Thanks Syntaxvgm <3 )

dont expect anything mega performance for $500.

however one thing i can suggest to up the performance for price is to look, google, search, phone around, ebay, kijiji etc the web, look at online shopping sites for clearance deals on components, you might be able to get brand new, reconditioned or used parts that are high end when they came out and still good today, like Z87 m/boards or even a high end Z77 and match them up with a good cpu and memory. (make sure all fits together and worth getting a system with DDR3 ram, SATA3, USB 3.0, and you will be fine.

there must be thousands and thousands of brand new last gen components somewhere in a back room with a sale tag on it, or a bundle deal.

got to love Asus components