What are you smoking right now?

TheMail

m8, it's not even that, honestly.

Point is, you won't live forever. So might as well enjoy the little things that actually give you any pleasure.

That would have been true if there wasn't so much suffering involved at the end. I can think of better ways to go than living the last few years of my life dependent on oxygen, sometimes barely conscious due to carbon dioxide buildup. Ending up in the hospital every time a grandchild brings home a cold. Fighting to bring fresh air into those lungs that just doesn't make it into the bloodstream. Having bones hurt and eventually break spontaneously due to metastases. Having epileptic seizures due to brain metastases. airways clogging up with tumour... Seen it all happen in a very short period of being an intern in a hospital in a small town. You say you don't care right now. You better enjoy those cigarettes damn good because one day it'll have to have been worth the shit you're going to go through. And it won't. I understand quitting is hard. Nicotine is the most addictive substance known to man. But you must try.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

They don't want to realize. I honestly feel bad for them. Even if they realize they've made a poor decision at this point it could be very difficult for them to change their mind.

if they need to destroy themselves to feel better, i feel sorry for them

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

I don't smoke. I might take it up though if I have to continue to use the Wii U as my only device that can connect to the internet.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

I prefer to find little things to enjoy that don't shorten my lifespan.

You can make pseudo-philosophical statements about your ephemerality to sound tougher all day long, but at the end of the day you're making your life shorter by doing so and sounding even stupider by saying it.

It's not wanting to sound tough, though.

Everything you do will reduce your life span eventually, except if you live in a glass dome. But I suppose in the end of the day, each one does whatever he pleases. Each one lives the way he wants.

I'm not saying it's THAT thrilling to smoke, but it's just a little thing that gives some pleasure to do. Like other things in life.

I'd rather do something that actually gives me pleasure, even though my life won't be as long, than to not do anything that can actually shorten my lifespan. The day you do that, you'll be a slave of your own mortality. 

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud

dont smoke but understand those who do... and why is it so hard to understand that some would rather live 60 years and enjoying them, than live 80 years and be grumpy, realising they just gave up that little thrill in life for 20 years. id rather live shorter but more enjoyable than longer but stressed out/feeling like you didnt do what you wanted

By that argument I'd rather shoot up a lethal dose of heroine right now and enjoy the last minutes of my life more thoroughly than anyone smoking was.

Smoking is just dragging your death out, making you die only slightly more quickly than the average person.

I understand that people here that would rather have a "thrill" than 20 years of potential, but it's just not for me. Also dying at age 60 is not something I don't think anyone wants. Ten years out of middle age and you just fall over and die? For a lot of people, 60+ is where they consummate their achievements earlier in life and use them to change the world. I don't want to miss that opportunity, so I don't smoke.

The day you do that, you'll be a slave of your own mortality. 

We're all slaves to our own mortality. If you really want to live in the present, go all the way. Don't smoke, do opiates. It'll give you far more pleasure and heighten the sense that you're subverting some inherent slavery.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

By that argument I'd rather shoot up a lethal dose of heroine right now and enjoy the last minutes of my life more thoroughly than anyone smoking was.

Smoking is just dragging your death out, making you die only slightly more quickly than the average person.

I understand that people here that would rather have a "thrill" than 20 years of potential, but it's just not for me. Also dying at age 60 is not something I don't think anyone wants. Ten years out of middle age and you just fall over and die? For a lot of people, 60+ is where they consummate their achievements earlier in life and use them to change the world. I don't want to miss that opportunity, so I don't smoke.

as you said, slightly more quickly. and smoking is a way to release stress. and that is something that if contained, will kill you far quicker than smoke

and your analogy is wrong, because with smoking, there is a fair chance you will die of natural reasons or after youve already lived your life to the fullest. i dont want to die in 20 minutes, but i also dont want to keep dragging on for years when im old.

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Nothing, because I'm not an idiot.

Bring on the hate

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

and your analogy is wrong, because with smoking, there is a fair chance you will die of natural reasons or after youve already lived your life to the fullest. i dont want to die in 20 minutes, but i also dont want to keep dragging on for years when im old.

Fair chance? Do you have proof?

My grandmother lived several years painfully in her 60s because of smoking. If you think smoking will kill you before you start to feel any pain from it, you're wrong.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

My grandmother lived several years painfully in her 60s because of smoking. If you think smoking will kill you before you start to feel any pain from it, you're wrong.

my only proof is the relatives i have that have smoked and lived a good life. none of them died in pain. 

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Might as well give up. Wont realise they are destroying themselves

I realize im destroying myself, but as I've said a million times, i dont care.

if they need to destroy themselves to feel better, i feel sorry for them

i have a history of cutting and other self-harm, this is no different from that as it helps me release

I prefer to find little things to enjoy that don't shorten my lifespan.

You can make pseudo-philosophical statements about your ephemerality to sound tougher all day long, but at the end of the day you're making your life shorter by doing so and sounding even stupider by saying it.

What you enjoy isnt the same as what others enjoy

why do you care if we smoke or not, because i dont care that you dont approve of it. i was never asking for your approval. I asked for a discussion and you continue to shit up the thread because you dont agree with what im doing.

your banter isnt going to change anything, so just piss off

I don't smoke. Nor do I care for people who do. 

and i dont care for people who preemptively judge, GG

your banter isnt going to change anything, so just piss off

Sadly I've realized. Enjoy your carcinogens.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Sadly I've realized. Enjoy your carcinogens.

just one more thing. you do know that there are so many carcinogens in the air of big cities that it rivals smoking already? that i will be able to give proof soon, as im currently involved in a research of that. lets just say that cigs might not be the big killer anymore.

I realize im destroying myself, but as I've said a million times, i dont care.

i have a history of cutting and other self-harm, this is no different from that as it helps me release

What you enjoy isnt the same as what others enjoy

finally some common sense in here

tumblr_ml5rghoT331s0djuho2_500.gif

Why do you guys want lungs like this 

1X9TRsf.png

Both pair of lungs belong to dead people.

Checkmate :^)

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

I always find topics like this amusing because everyone is different there will be a few people in their mid 90s lighting up right now and there will be a few people 6 feet under who were taken by SUNDS. I can't say the activities of a good few people around here are any better clocking up 1000s of hours playing games.

Both pair of lungs belong to dead people.

Checkmate :^)

i know that but if you smoke all the time your lungs will look like that even when your alive

i know that but if you smoke all the time your lungs will look like that even when your alive

I know. I was joking.

hmmmmmmmm-good-weed-this-is.jpg

e195edd961a2a1792179094f5082298a.jpg

Along with marlboro lights.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

just one more thing. you do know that there are so many carcinogens in the air of big cities that it rivals smoking already? that i will be able to give proof soon, as im currently involved in a research of that. lets just say that cigs might not be the big killer anymore.

Well if there are a lot of carcinogens in the air already, it stands to reason that adding MORE OF THEM to your body INTENTIONALLY doesn't help the situation, hmm?

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Well if there are a lot of carcinogens in the air already, it stands to reason that adding MORE OF THEM to your body INTENTIONALLY doesn't help the situation, hmm?

youll get cancer anyway, no point in getting it and not enjoying lige at the same time

2hG4nfI.gif