Star Citizen graphics

SlaughterSmurf

... Yes.

It is still being developed... say you were making a chocolate cake, you make the batter grab a spoon and dig in, its not as good as a nice baked cake is it? well the same thing applies it is not complete. Since I first saw Star Citizen the graphics have changed for the better many times, as bits get worked on and then get bought back up to the level of some of the later things and then improved on some more. it is the way it goes.

Yes but it's like someone said "This cake is so rich you won't be able to eat anything else for a while after and it tastes DELICIOUS like seriously one of the most delicious cakes I have ever tasted" then the person making the cake says "Here try some". You can understand why I would be a bit confused when it tasted very mediocre and I can eat a full meal afterwards.... 

Yes but it's like someone said "This cake is so rich you won't be able to eat anything else for a while after and it tastes DELICIOUS like seriously one of the most delicious cakes I have ever tasted" then the person making the cake says "Here try some". You can understand why I would be a bit confused when it tasted very mediocre and I can eat a full meal afterwards.... 

The metaphor was aimed more in the direction of you cant enjoy a half baked cake as much as the fully baked cake with a cherry on top. Not in the direction you seemed to have read it in that I might really like something and you might not. that comes down to more of a personal preference and is to be expected with absolutely everything! If everyone liked the Star Citizen graphics I would be incredibly astounded.

You specifically mention Anti Aliasing in your post, it is currently being developed tested for bugs and being added to the game. I personally would like the controller mapping (currently being added too) as anti aliasing if you are not scared of modifying some files can be added  ;). As to performance well if you think this is the full and complete scope of what the game will contain then you have not read enough on the RSI site and on their forums, lets put it this way if you get average fps now then come release you will get much worse that is the general thought behind over specifying the requirements at the moment. I run it on quite a shitty computer and I hold no false hope of running the full game in a way I would like to without a major upgrade.

Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate Wants you! Join now!

UOLTT Basop | Misc Freelancer & Origin M50

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

-Groucho Marx

Lol, people realise that the graphics don't just include what you initially see? The level of detail put into every little part of the game from gears to ship models is insane. Also yeah, most of the graphical features are disabled due to the early stages of development resulting in an extremely unoptimised experience.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

Really looking forward to what the final polished game looks like.

This picture made me think maybe they should redo parts of their earlier pitch videos that are still on youtube.

dutvWOe.jpg

This picture made me think maybe they should redo parts of their earlier pitch videos that are still on youtube.

-snip-

I love the graphical improvements that (really) are clear here. Who knows what it will be in 2015?

btw where is the 2012 image from?

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

I love the graphical improvements that (really) are clear here. Who knows what it will be in 2015?

btw where is the 2012 image from?

I have no idea, I spotted the picture on the official forums.  I suspect it has to be from the original pitch at GDC 2012.

EDIT: Probably somewhere in this part. http://youtu.be/c-J2Ejl1gLI?t=26m50s

Posted Image

That pics amazing, also the amount of objects are minimal at the moment.

Vanduul Swarm isn't much of a swarm ATM and think of in the PU when there could be hundreds of ships battling it out all on screen at the time, even low res that would knock the best PC down.

That pics amazing, also the amount of objects are minimal at the moment.

Vanduul Swarm isn't much of a swarm ATM and think of in the PU when there could be hundreds of ships battling it out all on screen at the time, even low res that would knock the best PC down.

As far as we know there won't be hundreds of ships flying in one instance at the same time. It was mentioned many times by CR that they wish to have around 50-100 ships at the same time but at the moment even having 10 ships is challenging. This game will not have gigantic battles like EVE does.

As far as we know there won't be hundreds of ships flying in one instance at the same time. It was mentioned many times by CR that they wish to have around 50-100 ships at the same time but at the moment even having 10 ships is challenging. This game will not have gigantic battles like EVE does.

Day 1 no, but they said they will increase the size down the road, AND FYI Eve did this too untill they had to add a slow down feature because they could not handle all them thousand of ships shooting one another.

With mantle hopefully it should be possible. Also I can't see how they will be able to control it since we are all in the same verse

With mantle hopefully it should be possible. Also I can't see how they will be able to control it since we are all in the same verse

I don't think even mantle/DX12 will help, we just don't have the raw processing power for it yet. The game will be instanced (seamlessly without loading screens) so the servers will have full control over how many people we can encounter in one instance.

I don't think even mantle/DX12 will help, we just don't have the raw processing power for it yet. The game will be instanced (seamlessly without loading screens) so the servers will have full control over how many people we can encounter in one instance.

I think mantle is currently untapped, I don't think BF4 is really the best implementation or the current hardware, I'm hoping that over the next year that we will get better hardware for it so yes more processing power needed and the next gen hardware need to be ready for this.

Also how would they control what we saw, how would they limit the amount of ships without losing immersion would piss me off if our org had 100 ships and I only saw 75 of them.

I think mantle is currently untapped, I don't think BF4 is really the best implementation or the current hardware, I'm hoping that over the next year that we will get better hardware for it so yes more processing power needed and the next gen hardware need to be ready for this.

Also how would they control what we saw, how would they limit the amount of ships without losing immersion would piss me off if our org had 100 ships and I only saw 75 of them.

Mantle/DX12 is no magic bullet, we are still a long way off having hundreds of SC quality ships rendered and simulated in real time.

If you are unfamiliar with instancing in MMOs it is something you should read up on, its commonly used and will be in SC, think of it like parallel universes stacked on top of each other. There will be ways of getting your friends (and enemies) into your instance but there will be instance caps because they need to keep the game playable above anything else, we definitely wont be seeing EVE like battles. They are aiming for 50-100 ships per instance based on future testing through the alpha/beta so it could be slightly more and hopefully wont be any less ;)

Mantle/DX12 is no magic bullet, we are still a long way off having hundreds of SC quality ships rendered and simulated in real time.

If you are unfamiliar with instancing in MMOs it is something you should read up on, its commonly used and will be in SC, think of it like parallel universes stacked on top of each other. There will be ways of getting your friends (and enemies) into your instance but there will be instance caps because they need to keep the game playable above anything else, we definitely wont be seeing EVE like battles. They are aiming for 50-100 ships per instance based on future testing through the alpha/beta so it could be slightly more and hopefully wont be any less ;)

Doing some research..

By the looks of it the are looking at overlapping instances with missiles and gun fire being able to transfer through in battles along with being able to transfer to closest instances as well as rendering all ships to a point (distance? Amount of instances?) so it won't look baron in a large battle.

Orbit instances for trading on planets will be different and more of a tradition sense.

Squadrons etc will be put into their own instance when in orbit and battle.

So I still get my epic battle just @@Maciek made it sound like battles would be tiny and I knew what instancing was just didn't know the name so thanks :D

Also I don't need 100 ships I'm super high res miles away as you wouldn't benefit from that