Star Citizen graphics

SlaughterSmurf

It's a destroyer of systems because it is so poorly optimised and every thruster has basicly it's own ai, every thruster had to be in the correct position otherwise the ship wasn't correctly balanced.

The hype is due to the extra polish Chris Roberts is putting into the game and yes stop whining, mine runs at 3fps on bad days

At 3 fps I'm quite sure you can somehow outrun your own laser and get killed by it.

At 3 fps I'm quite sure you can somehow outrun your own laser and get killed by it.

With the 300i's paper engines, it would be entirely possible! :D

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

Is it just me or are the graphics kind of disapointing? I know it's alpha, but when I downloaded it with the free trial code thing, from the hype I had heard I expected it to be beautiful. There is no anti-aliasing and overall just looked kind of meh.... Is it just me? Am I too picky? Am I flat out insane? Also everyone preached it as the destroyer of systems, and I'm here with 8GB of ram, 780ti, and a 4.4 ghz 3570k getting over 60 FPS in hanger and flight sim with max settings 1080p! 

Not to insult your intelligence at all; but there's the off chance that your default video settings are actually set to a "normal" setting. 

Not to insult your intelligence at all; but there's the off chance that your default video settings are actually set to a "normal" setting. 

No there isn't I checked. It's set to very high.

No there isn't I checked. It's set to very high.

Alright, just checking  :D

I know Linus is dying over this game, and there's a freaking subforum dedicated to it, but to be honest, I don't care about Star Citizen.

Anyone with me?

No?

It's Pre-Alpha with the half engine still in coding phase.

This how the actual game will look: (Even better because they haven't done motion capture yet and it will have PhysX/TressFX/Mantle/DX12 support)

Dat 2001 ripoff do

I know Linus is dying over this game, and there's a freaking subforum dedicated to it, but to be honest, I don't care about Star Citizen.

Anyone with me?

No?

I doubt you'll find that many people that don't care for SC in the SC subforum lol xD

PC Specs: Case: NZXT Phantom 530; Motherboard: Maximus VI Formula; CPU: Intel Haswell I5 4670k; CPU Cooler: Intel Stock (for now); RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro Red 2x4GB 1600 MHz; GPU: XFX Radeon HD 7950 DD; HDD: WD 1TB Caviar Black; SSD: Samsung 840 EVO; PSU: Corsair AX 860; Monitor: Asus MX23H

It's not a rip-off, it's a tribute.

Heavy-handed tribute

True. It was a little hard to consume.

I was like they aren't even trying to be discreet

It was literally shot for shot.

I was like they aren't even trying to be discreet

It was literally shot for shot.

True, but I believe it was an intended joke.

True, but I believe it was an intended joke.

Well I get that. I'm not upset, it just seems a little bit under-creative.

Is it just me or are the graphics kind of disapointing? I know it's alpha, but when I downloaded it with the free trial code thing, from the hype I had heard I expected it to be beautiful. There is no anti-aliasing and overall just looked kind of meh.... Is it just me? Am I too picky? Am I flat out insane? Also everyone preached it as the destroyer of systems, and I'm here with 8GB of ram, 780ti, and a 4.4 ghz 3570k getting over 60 FPS in hanger and flight sim with max settings 1080p! 

Yeah ur picky. Cause its in pre-Alpha and beta testing it over time its getting developed. And yeah it looks great and no there is no AA yet. But I know my 780 OC on Crysis 3 with MSAA x 4 looks sweet and have an average FPS on that around 50fps in a open map. And this will probably have that to do why you dont like how the game looks right now, but test how Crysis 3 looks without AA and you see the same thing. This game is probably best anyways in 4K. My last card was an 280X and had about 50fps so yeah the game eats performance even without AA. All those things will be fixed eventually. 

Im also a backer of the game and feels great beeing part of a company that dont rely on EA or similar douchebags that destroy games before they release. RSI are slowly building up the game and listen to what the ppl you and me and all the others want and fix the bugs before the game releases. If you feel the graphics arent great in pre-alpha I dont understand why you did get it now anyways. Also keep in mind, not everyone can afford 780Ti as yourself. But I do think ppl with more hi end systems like myself and you will be able to play it on max settings at 1080p, but 4k is around the corner and that game will probably pay off great with a higher resolution monitior. Im just in it for the great experience of a ingame universe that will look like Crysis 3 graphics "When its done" or even better and probably work better cause so many works on scrips and coding stuff in Star Citizen. I searched on Youtube for 4k in it and a guy uploaded it on 4K with 2x280X and had about 60-70fps in it now. Here is an example for you in 4K http://youtu.be/9olwUY0ojbw Oh btw, this footage are a year back.

And ofcourse you cant show 4K but you still see the differense like you would have AA on. To me it looks fantastic.

The engine isn't changing but half of the graphic features are still missing and have to be implemented.

PBR is still not fully implemented.

Light boundaries have to be remade so that light doesn't leak through objects.

They haven't implemented MSAA,SMAA,FXAA,TXAA yet.

HBAO and SSAO is also still missing.

No DX12 and Mantle support yet as well as TressFX and PhysX.

The LODs are still work in progress.

Fading soft shadows are also not working quiet yet.

Motion Capture hasn't even started yet which is why all animations and characters look bad.

Procedural Generation is also not implemented yet.

And what's most important the engine has to be rewritten in 64bit double precision so that they can even support free roaming in space.

And even more important, no console gamers can play this game and will not be able cause the graphics and engine eats XBOX and Playstation for breakfast  hehe. 

And yeah still alot of sweet graphics stuff that are going to be implemented. I checked Crysis 3 with max settings and are mesmerized or how you spell it how freakish good looking Crysis 3 looks at 1080p with max settings, holyshit.

And this with all the new good stuff will probably even look better.

I need to get myself a 4K monitor for when it releases.   :P 

-snip-

Man you make some good points but duuude that wall of text.

PC Specs: Case: NZXT Phantom 530; Motherboard: Maximus VI Formula; CPU: Intel Haswell I5 4670k; CPU Cooler: Intel Stock (for now); RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro Red 2x4GB 1600 MHz; GPU: XFX Radeon HD 7950 DD; HDD: WD 1TB Caviar Black; SSD: Samsung 840 EVO; PSU: Corsair AX 860; Monitor: Asus MX23H

I have a video (trying to capture a bug) where I loaded the game and heard "collision detected", I was like but I just loaded and there's nothing in front! Shortly followed by Warlord smashing in to the back of my ship. It felt like I had 3 weeks to think about it before he crashed

"FFFUUUUU Warlord"

maybe one day it will melt systems at the moment my 760 eats it up ...never mind a 780.

i wonder if they added PBR yet or not

for me what i hate is that it looks like Effing crysis

when i play the  game i think im playing crysis not star citizen

everything "looks" like crysis with a mod on top

i dont know why i cant get over that small thing but it will probably make me sell my account or something

New hangars = PBR :D All of the sexy lighting is here.

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

Is it just me? Am I too picky? Am I flat out insane?

... Yes.

It is still being developed... say you were making a chocolate cake, you make the batter grab a spoon and dig in, its not as good as a nice baked cake is it? well the same thing applies it is not complete. Since I first saw Star Citizen the graphics have changed for the better many times, as bits get worked on and then get bought back up to the level of some of the later things and then improved on some more. it is the way it goes.

Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate Wants you! Join now!

UOLTT Basop | Misc Freelancer & Origin M50

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

-Groucho Marx

... Yes.

It is still being developed... say you were making a chocolate cake, you make the batter grab a spoon and dig in, its not as good as a nice baked cake is it? well the same thing applies it is not complete. Since I first saw Star Citizen the graphics have changed for the better many times, as bits get worked on and then get bought back up to the level of some of the later things and then improved on some more. it is the way it goes.

Are you kidding me chocolate cake mixture is 10 times better than chocolate cake, chocolate cake is battlefield 4. Cake was only invented by accident when someone thought the mixture would taste better warm, ya know like cookie dough.

Omelette is more star citizen, you've got the pan (game engine) ready and hot, your putting in the ingredients (arena commander, fps, hanger) the egg (persistent universe) will bring it all together then your just have to wait till it's just right and cooked to perfection.

Are you kidding me chocolate cake mixture is 10 times better than chocolate cake, chocolate cake is battlefield 4. Cake was only invented by accident when someone thought the mixture would taste better warm, ya know like cookie dough.

Omelette is more star citizen, you've got the pan (game engine) ready and hot, your putting in the ingredients (arena commander, fps, hanger) the egg (persistent universe) will bring it all together then your just have to wait till it's just right and cooked to perfection.

Holly cow! That was poetic ;)

..and made me hungry at the same time.

Holly cow! That was poetic ;)

..and made me hungry at the same time.

Yep so totally not making myself an omelette right now

OK FINE! an omelette is a much better analogy but I really wanted and still want chocolate cake!

to complete the omelette anology don't forget the salt and pepper bug fixing :D

Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate Wants you! Join now!

UOLTT Basop | Misc Freelancer & Origin M50

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

-Groucho Marx