AMD possibility of 5 way crossfire

dieharddddd

cryptocurrency mining rig anyone?

NO! That era is done. ASICs and FPGAs are the only way forward on that front anymore, and it's not even worth it.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

This is where you really need mantle and freesync. But also 5 15x GPUs in a rig will mean better performance on CAD and Adobe software. I hope this works properly.

NO! That era is done. ASICs and FPGAs are the only way forward on that front anymore, and it's not even worth it.

make sure to tell college students that live in dorms that they have free electricity

The law of diminishing returns is gonna hit your wallet like a truck tho...

Moar is always better tho rite?

Git Gud.

make sure to tell college students that live in dorms that they have free electricity

I'm one of them, and I run an FPGA rig to do it. You'd have to be a fool to use graphics cards anymore. 1 you have to buy them with your own or your parents' money (and that investment cannot be made back at the difficulty Bitcoin and Dogecoin are both at now). 2 If you're using that much electricity any university will come see what's up.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Majority of games have terrible scaling with just 2 cards u still dont get double the performance and anymore cards u shouldnt even bother and now they have spoke about 5? Seriously dont u think they should focus on pushing better scaling with game devs before this is even spoken about again.

Majority of games have terrible scaling with just 2 cards u still dont get double the performance and anymore cards u shouldnt even bother and now they have spoke about 5? Seriously dont u think they should focus on pushing better scaling with game devs before this is even spoken about again.

It can pertain to some highly synchronized compute loads, but for gaming it's laughable to think about. If only people designed applications with 8 threads in mind and then just allowed some if statements to combine execution paths if the available core count is lower...

I would prefer if they got Crossfire working in Windowed mode for games.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

the deminishing returns above 2-way are terrible. in some cases 3-way can be justified, but never 4-way, and you want to go to 5-way? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?

My question: Why?

Epeeeeeeen + 20inches

Developer by day, Gamer by night

CPU - Intel i7 4770k | MOBO MSI G45 Gaming | RAM - G.Skill RipJaws X 1600mhz 4x4gb CL7 | CASE - NZXT H440 | GPU - MSI R9 290 | PSU - Corsair RM850 | SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 128gb | HDD - Western Digital Black 2TB

Guys.

There is a world outside gaming as well.

And X99 is a more of a workstation solution than a consumer, although you can use some consumer grade(ish) CPU and there are gaming X99 platforms

But there is like Asus X99 WS,

Guys.

There is a world outside gaming as well.

And X99 is a more of a workstation solution than a consumer, although you can use some consumer grade(ish) CPU and there are gaming X99 platforms

But there is like Asus X99 WS,

Crossfire is not needed for professional work. Those applications will use any and all available GPU's as long as they're designed to do so.

Crossfire X which is what this is about is specifically for gaming, and need specific profiles for each game, this is not the case for professional applications.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

I'm one of them, and I run an FPGA rig to do it. You'd have to be a fool to use graphics cards anymore. 1 you have to buy them with your own or your parents' money (and that investment cannot be made back at the difficulty Bitcoin and Dogecoin are both at now). 2 If you're using that much electricity any university will come see what's up.

it was meant as a joke....

think of the FPS... omg

but wait!!! think of the STUTTERING.... RUNNNNNNNN

4 way GPU scaling is utter shit, actually makes it worse in some cases, with a 5th one it would be a complete waste.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan