What FOV do you play at?

911^NEmeSis

So here the question is, in FPS based game, what field of view do you play in?

I don't really like playing in anything less than 80ish. Mostly 90/95 or sometimes even Quake stye!

I just like being able to see plenty around me and small fovs make me feel strange.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

Whatever the largest value the game allows :D.

Anything below 75 makes me physically sick, not even joking.

Quake style is hilarious to play on sometimes :P Mostly I hang around the 90 mark. Then I go back to minimum and I feel blind :P

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

Yeah good stuff guys, I just hate low FOV and games where there isn't a freaking slider!

Mostly 90 but in games like Chivalry medieval Warfare around 105.

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

I play at 80. I find more comfortable than 90 and I play and even aim better at 80

How much does it improve your aim, im thinking of trying this in BF3 since i know X-Factor also has a lower FOV.

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

Anything below 95 makes me kinda nauseous. Games with no fov sliders make me angry

"The internet is a series of tubes"

How much does it improve your aim, im thinking of trying this in BF3 since i know X-Factor also has a lower FOV.

Well I mean it only lets you see a wider angle which I guess helps greatly in map awareness and awareness of your surroundings.

Quake vision! Max mouse sensitivity. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

I can't really explain it but it just does for me. For some people they play better at higher FOVs. I guess it's a personal preference sort of thing.

Join the LinusTechTips Star Citizen Org :D ~ https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/UOLTT

90-100.

I hate BFBC2 for having no FOV slider and its stuck at what looks like 60-70...

Old shit no one cares about but me.

As much as possible without warping the image or screwing with viewmodels.

90-100.

I hate BFBC2 for having no FOV slider and its stuck at what looks like 60-70...

My thoughts exactly. I just sniped mostly in that game anyways so most of what I saw was down a scope :D

I can't really explain it but it just does for me. For some people they play better at higher FOVs. I guess it's a personal preference sort of thing.

I remember my friend who did counter strike 1.6/go tournaments told me they would always go like 800x600 or something like that so they can be more precise and i guess you don't need 90 FOV when you are playing a clan match and you pretty much know from what exists they will come out, but conquest large is a different story. 

I remember my friend who did counter strike 1.6/go tournaments told me they would always go like 800x600 or something like that so they can be more precise and i guess you don't need 90 FOV when you are playing a clan match and you pretty much know from what exists they will come out, but conquest large is a different story. 

lol I'm a hardcore 1.6 player, just stopped like 30mins ago and a lot of players including myself play on a low res. I personally, like the majority play on 640x480. In our case it just makes it easier to spray but gets you to feel closer to the game.

lol I'm a hardcore 1.6 player, just stopped like 30mins ago and a lot of players including myself play on a low res. I personally, like the majority play on 640x480. In our case it just makes it easier to spray but gets you to feel closer to the game.

I have great respect for 1.6 players, the guy that i used to be friends with pretty much taught me a lot of thing about FPS competitive play. I wanted to play CS competitively but couldn't find people play skirmishes with but they all played with who they knew so i gave up on cs. He played against Na'Vi on a Adepto BH Open (they won a few rounds),he won lots of tournaments in this whole region and played a few Skirmishes against NiP so i think he was a good player and i took his advice's.

How does one find out what FOV one is playing at? 

And, How does one alter the FOV, say for example, in ArmA II: DayZ Mod?

edit: I answered both of my questions through a simple google search.

Here is what I found if anyone is interested.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/31609-ultimate-fov-field-of-view-guide-for-arma-2-and-dayz-from-dayzpvpcom/

I will find out what field of view I like playing at and report it later.

PC Specs

Asus Rampage IV Extreme | Intel i7 3930K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 32GB (8x4GB) | MSI GTX 980 +200MHz +200MHz | Corsair HX1050i PSU

Corsair Force 120GB SSD | Western Digital 2TB Green HDD | Corsair Carbide 500R Midtower | Random DVD Burner | Corsair H100 for CPU

I never change my fov.I play whatever fov game throws at me

As high as it goes, If I play at less than 85 I get sick. if a game doesn't let me change FOV i flat out won't buy it until  there is a fix or a way around it. Yes i do look for that in games.

I remember there being an equation to find the "perfect" FOV and when I did it I came out to be 80-85. It uses your height, monitor size, distance from screen, and something else. 

rawr!! I'm a ferret!

Anywhere in between 110-130 depends on the game.

Current Desktop: AMD Phenom II 955 @ 3.8GHz | Cooler Master V8 | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX | ASUS GTX 570 | OCZ ModXStream 700W | Fractal Design Define R4 |
Preferred Programs: Foobar2000 | Firefox - Nightly | MPC-HC | µTorrent 2.2.1 | Hexchat | | Shell & Visual Style: bblean & Windows Classic with 3DCC |

Periferals: BenQ G2420HDB | LG M2262DP | Corsair SP2500 | Corsair K60 | Razer Naga | ATH-M50WH | PS3 | PS2 | Sony Xperia S | iPod Touch 3g 32GB |