How to do well at school and play games

hezzajm

You sir are known as a saint, may GabeN bless your future and make it rich in gaming

Thanks! :)

May he bless you, too.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

You can't get a job with just having the skill to do 3 no scope shots in 10 seconds.

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

the problem with AAA gaming is that it's a very involved hobby. To truly enjoy it You need to play a couple of hours every session. This makes it hard to fit into your day unlike (for example) reading a book which is enjoyable even if You do it for just 20 mins before going to bed. Try that with gaming and before You know it hours have passed and it's 2am.

I don't really remember how I did it but I always found time to play games. On the weekends and stuff. I generally do all my homework on the weekdays. Now that I work I always find time whenever I am not doing anything. I do two shifts a day so I go home and play games between shifts for a bit and then on my day off I only play games and catch up on news and anime and youtube.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

I'm able to do it. This year, I'll be studying for quite serious exams. So my motto for this year is: Work at school, Play at home. Basically, try and finish as much homework/coursework at school, and then come back home for 3 hours of gaming time to relax yourself. Just try and make it a routine that you live by everyday.

itaroken

Just do it!    Try not to be exited for video games and finishing fast during final exams.

oooh bad company 2!

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

May GabeN guide the OP into a future rich in gaming.

To game in a sufficient manor one must be of great wealth- Saint Linus

My followers come hither, come yonder but never forget that to convert to Master Race is to graduate- Saint Wendel

My children must graduate to be wealthy and afford my following- GabeN

All the major dietys agree that you must graduate to be a true follower, so get graduating. Even if you must ignore gaming for a while, GabeN will accept you and love you.

And so GabeN has told us to march forthith unto the Land of Holy welding our swords of mice, shields of keyboards, and helmets of Oculus Rifts where we shall reclaim it-which is rightfully ours-from the PUNY Console Peasants from whom armed only with mere controllers we shall decimate in all forms of battle and we shall dominate even in their most ridiculous tradition and infatuation of CoD. Yes, my brothers- sisters and trans sexuals too- we shall destroy the inferior of races with our might and majesty. And if any Peasants wish to join us they must speak now or forever perish. -Ancient Speech from a Leader of Old, Book of Murratri section 2

i got same problem im addicted to csgo and w the school year just starting if i dont stop playing it it might impact my grades. i uninstalled it several times but kept getting back to it since i like the gameplay and watchign the pro scene so much. but i have to stop....somehow

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

i got same problem im addicted to csgo and w the school year just starting if i dont stop playing it it might impact my grades. i uninstalled it several times but kept getting back to it since i like the gameplay and watchign the pro scene so much. but i have to stop....somehow

Replace csgo with dota 2 and thats me lol

There's a time for gaming and studying, and studying always comes first. 

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

Replace csgo with dota 2 and thats me lol

haha! i need to stop and i need to stop NOW! but cant

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Meh.. I would say you can game first then do homework as long as you can control yourself.

Personally, I played first then did the homework through out my high school and college life.

Ended up with a Mechanical Engineering degree with a job out the college door.

The only days where I would drop gaming is couple days before tests.

CASE - CM Storm Stryker, PSU - EVGA 1000 P2 80+ Plat, CPU - i7 4790K w/ NZXT Kraken X61, GPU - MSI GTX 1080 TI Seahawk X, MB - ASUS Z97 Maximus Hero VII, RAM - G.SKILL Ripjaw X Series (2 x 8GB) DDR3 1600, SSD - SAMSUNG 1 TB, DISPLAY - ACER XB270HU + SAMSUNG S24C570HL

Learning starts in class, something very important i learned. If it takes a while to get home after school (train or bus).

Just re-read the difficult parts of that day, probably math or something like that.

A nice tip i'm trying to do and gives me a great feeling, do everyday after school all tasks you received.

Example: you received today a task for friday, make it now. When you take your diary thursday and see that you have something for friday that's already finished, could make you very happy. (works for me).

Like today for me, received tasks for thursday and friday, all finished, so i don't need to be bothered about them anymore.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon