Corsair RGB Keyboard Coverage and exclusive first look at the K65 RGB!

Today at PAX Prime Corsair announced at their booth a RGB version of the K65 to match their already anticipated K70 and K95. While the announcement will surely be exciting for some fans it isn't exaclty something unexpected, The keyboards are promised to drop soon so the wait will finally be over.

post-2794-0-47561700-1409392869_thumb.jp

P.S. I'm the host so any feedback will be gladly accepted! :D

@athesean1 The perfect keyboard

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

$189 preorder price (for one of them, don't remember which one) on NCIX...no thank you.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

the k65's the compact version of the k70/95 right? might pick one of these up then i hardly use my num pad because of my naga 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

First look? a little late there m8

Linus had a video on it 7 months ago

First look at the k65 RGB.

That's a k70.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

They didn't show the K65

Can they release this so I can buy it already.  At almost $200, it better come with a lifetime warranty or something like 5 years.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Doesn't look as good as I thought it would. 

Still don't believe it is a good price or worth the money for some goofy lights. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Doesn't look as good as I thought it would. 

Still don't believe it is a good price or worth the money for some goofy lights. 

Neither do I, but they are ******s for discontinuing the blue backlit keyboards.  Thats all I want this for is the blue.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Neither do I, but they are ******s for discontinuing the blue backlit keyboards.  Thats all I want this for is the blue.

Wouldn't you say they are shooting themselves in the foot doing that? I know I would rather have a solid, single colour keyboard that matched my rig for just over £100, than something with silly flashing lights at near £200. 

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Wouldn't you say they are shooting themselves in the foot doing that? I know I would rather have a solid, single colour keyboard that matched my rig for just over £100, than something with silly flashing lights at near £200. 

Actually, its the complete opposite.  They know that people are willing to pay a premium to have color coordinated peripherals, and by discontinuing all but the most common color(red) they are insuring that more people will buy their more expensive "universal" product.

There is more to it than the RGB colors though.  Mechanical Keyboards have been known to have a somewhat higher than acceptable fail rate when it comes to LEDs burning out.  They did a complete redesign of the LED placement and mechanics which should help prevent LEDs from dieing.  I would like them to put their money where their R&D is and back this product up with a lengthy warranty.  Nothing is going to piss me off more than spending $80-$200 on a mechanical keyboard only to have backlights die out on me.  I currently use a Membrane keyboard, the Microsoft Sidewinder X, which I do like, but I love the typing on mechanical, and I want the blue backlighting to match my build and other peripherals which is something I am willing to pay for.  If the warranty length of their new RGB Keyboards is not to my liking, then I will just buy a competitors mechanical keyboard that has an MX Blue Switch and Blue Backlighting.

P.S. I'm the host so any feedback will be gladly accepted! :D

Not bad but first off i'm gonna have to hit you with this :P : http://www.amazon.com/Stage-Foam-Ball-Type-Windscreen-Black/dp/B0002GXF8Q/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1409399884&sr=8-8&keywords=mic+pop+filter

Other than that not too bad, thought it was awkward at the end there. Didn't really end just kind of awkward silence.

As far as the K65, I was wondering if they were gonna do that but. I dunno, I debated getting rid of my numberpad. I use it just enough to still need it attatched.

Actually, its the complete opposite.  They know that people are willing to pay a premium to have color coordinated peripherals, and by discontinuing all but the most common color(red) they are insuring that more people will buy their more expensive "universal" product.

There is more to it than the RGB colors though.  Mechanical Keyboards have been known to have a somewhat higher than acceptable fail rate when it comes to LEDs burning out.  They did a complete redesign of the LED placement and mechanics which should help prevent LEDs from dieing.  I would like them to put their money where their R&D is and back this product up with a lengthy warranty.  Nothing is going to piss me off more than spending $80-$200 on a mechanical keyboard only to have backlights die out on me.  I currently use a Membrane keyboard, the Microsoft Sidewinder X, which I do like, but I love the typing on mechanical, and I want the blue backlighting to match my build and other peripherals.

This is true. It is also easier to upsell to another product than to downsell. 

I did notice the new design of the LED housing under each key and it actually looks rather interesting, I would like to see it implemented onto more than just the Corsair keyboards. Though, I believe it has been patented, forgive me if I am incorrect. Though it does seem to have dulled down the brightness of each LED, but that just maybe me. However the only thing that I would complain about is those that don't have the £200 to drop onto a new keyboard like some people do. I know the new K series boards may last longer, especially with the new housing for the LED's, I know that they would rather spend less and deal with the single colour. But even with that argument, there are many more keyboards out there to choose from. 

Although, looking at it from a business stand point, discontinuing their blue backlit keyboards will save on manufacturing fees, and thus helping to raise the profits, even slightly of the RBG keyboards. 

Also, if you're looking for a keyboard, or will be in the future, I cant recommend Ducky enough. 

This is true. It is also easier to upsell to another product than to downsell. 

I did notice the new design of the LED housing under each key and it actually looks rather interesting, I would like to see it implemented onto more than just the Corsair keyboards. Though, I believe it has been patented, forgive me if I am incorrect. Though it does seem to have dulled down the brightness of each LED, but that just maybe me. However the only thing that I would complain about is those that don't have the £200 to drop onto a new keyboard like some people do. I know the new K series boards may last longer, especially with the new housing for the LED's, I know that they would rather spend less and deal with the single colour. But even with that argument, there are many more keyboards out there to choose from. 

Although, looking at it from a business stand point, discontinuing their blue backlit keyboards will save on manufacturing fees, and thus helping to raise the profits, even slightly of the RBG keyboards. 

Also, if you're looking for a keyboard, or will be in the future, I cant recommend Ducky enough. 

Ducky will be my 2nd choice if the Corsair RGBs don't come through like I hope.  Another thing that I really love about the Corsair Keyboards are their dedicated media keys.  I know it is so simple, and really not complicated to hit a function key, but dammit, I love the convenience of having a dedicated button for volume, brightness, play, pause, etc..  It is completely silly to spend that kind of money on a keyboard when I could buy two for the price of one.  I wish another company would make a mechanical keyboard with dedicated media keys, is it too much to ask for?  I dunno.. paying close to $200 for a keyboard is insane...  I wish Razer made blue backlight keyboards, their mechanical keyboards feel very pleasing to type on also.  I just want MX Blues, with Blue Backlighting and dedicated media keys.  The only keyboard I have found that hits on all of those demands is the Corsair K70 MX Blue RGB Keyboard.

I got my rgb K70 yesterday im really loving it

How?  It isn't available until September 8th.

Ducky will be my 2nd choice if the Corsair RGBs don't come through like I hope.  Another thing that I really love about the Corsair Keyboards are their dedicated media keys.  I know it is so simple, and really not complicated to hit a function key, but dammit, I love the convenience of having a dedicated button for volume, brightness, play, pause, etc..  It is completely silly to spend that kind of money on a keyboard when I could buy two for the price of one.  I wish another company would make a mechanical keyboard with dedicated media keys, is it too much to ask for?  I dunno.. paying close to $200 for a keyboard is insane...  I wish Razer made blue backlight keyboards, their mechanical keyboards feel very pleasing to type on also.  I just want MX Blues, with Blue Backlighting and dedicated media keys.  The only keyboard I have found that hits on all of those demands is the Corsair K70 MX Blue RGB Keyboard.

The media keys are the one thing I miss on my Ducky. All I have is volume up and down. No pause, stop, fast forward or back. It's a little infuriating for a company such as Ducky to forget something as simple as that. I do love Corsair's media keys. They are so sleek and actually look rather nice, even with my love for professional looking peripherals. I would give an arm and a leg for Ducky to implement dedicated media keys for the Ducky Shine 5 keyboard, reason being 5 is because the 4 looks appalling. To have dedicated media keys and try and keep the sleek, professional look of the original up to 3 keyboards would be perfect for me. 

Though the one keyboard I am really looking forward to is the K65. I adore TKL keyboards and that, even with the RGB LED's that I still and probably will always think is too goofy, I really want that K65. Just so I can drool over it's almost industrial design, just like the rest of them. 

The media keys are the one thing I miss on my Ducky. All I have is volume up and down. No pause, stop, fast forward or back. It's a little infuriating for a company such as Ducky to forget something as simple as that. I do love Corsair's media keys. They are so sleek and actually look rather nice, even with my love for professional looking peripherals. I would give an arm and a leg for Ducky to implement dedicated media keys for the Ducky Shine 5 keyboard, reason being 5 is because the 4 looks appalling. To have dedicated media keys and try and keep the sleek, professional look of the original up to 3 keyboards would be perfect for me. 

Though the one keyboard I am really looking forward to is the K65. I adore TKL keyboards and that, even with the RGB LED's that I still and probably will always think is too goofy, I really want that K65. Just so I can drool over it's almost industrial design, just like the rest of them. 

Its not just a dedicated button either, its a WHEEL on the Corsair keyboard that I love.

Its not just a dedicated button either, its a WHEEL on the Corsair keyboard that I love.

I almost forgot about that wheel. Yes, agreed. Such a wonderful design and I wish it was on more than just Corsair and that one Logitech keyboard. 

They shipped it out early to a few people

Lucky..

I never cared for reds, not enough tactile feedback/bump for my liking.

Yea only thing that sucks is i cant play around with lighting yet cause they havent released the software yet they put me on a beta testers list to recieve the software early but still no email

Awesome the k65 has a wrist rest now. Pretty sure that it did not have on before. I will probably pick this up later in the year assuming it is available simply due to that.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.