To Buy: Bulk Work Laptops

Go to solution Solved by 79wjd,

just for logos / site images work. 

So very low demanding tasks. I'd go with pretty much any Lenovo i3 laptop then. 

/I'm assuming she 1) needs laptops and not desktops, or 2) buying laptops where you live and brining them to Vietnam is cheaper than just buying/building a desktop in vietnam

Hello, Hello forum goers;

I recently, was contacted by a friend's mother to buy 20 or so laptops for her business in Vietnam, being that it is must less expensive for her to get me to buy them, ship them to myself in the US and she flys up and brings them back.

She left the decision of which laptop entirely up to me, and because it is a large decision involving alot of money, I'd thought I'd ask for some more opinions.

Her employees will be using these laptops for menial internet / word processing tasks, involving primarily web-browsing, email, microsoft office work and a little photoshop. Her budget is ~600 dollars per laptop, but that seems high for such tasks.

Any Ideas which laptops I should recommend? 

Hello, Hello forum goers;

I recently, was contacted by a friend's mother to buy 20 or so laptops for her business in Vietnam, being that it is must less expensive for her to get me to buy them, ship them to myself in the US and she flys up and brings them back.

She left the decision of which laptop entirely up to me, and because it is a large decision involving alot of money, I'd thought I'd ask for some more opinions.

Her employees will be using these laptops for menial internet / word processing tasks, involving primarily web-browsing, email, microsoft office work and a little photoshop. Her budget is ~600 dollars per laptop, but that seems high for such tasks.

Any Ideas which laptops I should recommend? 

http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/lenovo/g-series/g50-70/?sb=:000001C9:000122E1:

Define "a little" photoshop... Very little--in which case an i3 is perfect, or a decent/heavy amount, in which case a real cpu would be helpful? 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

get something lenovo, (yeah there pretty much the best business laptops there is)

core i3s should be fine for most things, maybe see if she wants to get a couple higer end laptops so if photoshop is needed then a few employess can do that.

http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/lenovo/g-series/g50-70/?sb=:000001C9:000122E1:

Define "a little" photoshop... Very little--in which case an i3 is perfect, or a decent/heavy amount, in which case a real cpu would be helpful? 

get something lenovo, (yeah there pretty much the best business laptops there is)

core i3s should be fine for most things, maybe see if she wants to get a couple higer end laptops so if photoshop is needed then a few employess can do that.

then they will be fine.

So very low demanding tasks. I'd go with pretty much any Lenovo i3 laptop then. 

/I'm assuming she 1) needs laptops and not desktops, or 2) buying laptops where you live and brining them to Vietnam is cheaper than just buying/building a desktop in vietnam

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.